Sign in to follow this  
thecoolsideofthepillow

The New Sounds are Pretty Good.

I agree that new sounds are much better and I've stopped using JSRS and SOS (tried both)

I just hope new environmental effects don't go too far so it doesn't sound like being in a tin can.

I just hope new environmental effects don't go too far so it doesn't sound like being in a tin can.

The initial version that leaked earlier this week was in fact the opposite of that. It was too subtle. Several players stated that in dev-branch forum and the dev's agreed.

I agree that new sounds are much better and I've stopped using JSRS and SOS (tried both)

same here. Gunsound related original bis + laxemanns reverb mod are my new favorite :)

New sounds really breathe life into Arma 3! Just love them! :D

Toysoldier: In my opinion they are punchy enough now. Maybe try and increase your volume. For a somewhat correct volume, stand in a calm environment and turn up the volume so you can clearly hear the ambient sounds from the environment. Only when you have done that, you are ready for combat :)

Yes i turned up ;) The TRG 21 is a great example for need more punch.

Well one can blame BIS for anything but can't blame them for not trying to support and to make the game better.

Really Happy they are working on sounds.

I Like jsrs and sos, they add a great new flavor to the game. But some servers don't have the option. so is nice that vanilla is finally taking strides to catch up and hopefully surpass setting a new bar.

Lots of good feedback on Dev branch. recommend hopping on Dev branch now and again. Nice to see the work devs put in as it goes along.

All in all Really making marksman dlc more hyped for me anyway. I'm not just all about the new guns. The new sounds and whats coming with them are more exciting for me.

like the new sounds! :) Is it just me though or are the sounds for the vehicle AA guns very quite??

I found most of them to be very meh.

Aside from the KH2002, FS2000, KIRSS VECTOR and that opfor pistol(not revolver) all the other weapons either didn't change at all, or sound worse to me.

So yeah, I'm sticking to JSRS: DF which is infinitely better in every aspect and much higher quality.

Edited by Chompster

The new sounds are.... fantastic.

I can hear an echo? I was like... ''que!?"

"que1!?"

I turned off all my mods. Then started again.

Then I was like.... muthafuckin' très bon!

Immersion just got higher. With the default vanilla good quality stuff. Excellent job metaphorical high five being sent. Keep it up.

I found most of them to be very meh.

Aside from the KH2002, FS2000, KIRSS VECTOR and that opfor pistol(not revolver) all the other weapons either didn't change at all, or sound worse to me.

So yeah, I'm sticking to JSRS: DF which is infinitely better in every aspect and much higher quality.

Not all weapons were changed. The change log states this.