Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Camo Default on Weapons

Why do we still have weapons with only camo variants? It's absolutely stupid to have a rocket launcher or rifle with a specific camo of a specific faction. The Rahim, RPG, and now the Navid (in the Marksman DLC) have only camo variations. This means they look completely ridiculous when used by any unit other than Opfor regular infantry. Opfor urban forces have different camo and it looks terrible when using these weapons. We have black MX variants which weren't even really needed because the default tan matches with anything. How hard would it be to make some quick grey/black skins?

It's ridiculous to have weapons with the same camo as the soldier in the first place but having them as the ONLY option is pathetic.

How do we know that it doesn't include a black version, though? They did it with the heavy snipers (camo and black variants) so it is a possibility. I can understand where you're coming from though, the Rahim is a good example of that.

Actually the the snipers have always been black. They added the camo variants later on to be faction specific(for whatever useless reason)

Actually the the snipers have always been black. They added the camo variants later on to be faction specific(for whatever useless reason)

Yeah, they got added in later but the fact is, they're there now. Different colour variations are somewhere in the backs of the minds of the asset developers, I'm sure. Maybe one will see OP's post and whip up a texture ASAP! ;)

The problem is hiddenselections. I don't think the Alamut has any. I remember a dev post in editing somewhere where someone was asking if there were NVG hiddenselections. He said he'd take a look along with the Alamut and the NATO launcher. I'm not sure if they've made it in yet.

I think the Rahim might have one though. The Titans do. I know, I'm working on bringing them back to black.

So after watching the live-stream, it does seem that there will be a fair few 'plain' variants of the DLC guns, and not just camo.

Hoo-ray!

So after watching the live-stream, it does seem that there will be a fair few 'plain' variants of the DLC guns, and not just camo.

Yup , just they need to make that for all weapons - at least a plain black variant

All those weapon paint variants would clutter things up a bit... they could have a "textures" tab in the virtual arsenal for weapons. They have it in the Virtual Garage. That way they could add a bunch of weapon paints while reducing clutter in the virtual arsenal.

Edited by Gutsnav

All those weapon paint variants would clutter thongs up a bit... they could have a "textures" tab in the virtual arsenal for weapons. They have it in the Virtual Garage. That way they could add a bunch of weapon paints while reducing clutter in the virtual arsenal.

Mind if i steal this? Thanks! ;)

Mind if i steal this? Thanks! ;)

Whoops, autocorrect :P. Meant "things" not "thongs".