Sign in to follow this  
xScaramouchx

Joystick Configuration

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

I've just gotten a Thrustmaster t16000 joystick, and I am having trouble getting it set up properly. I am unable to get 100% of my joystick's input to translate in the game. I found this quite soon after I started flying the fixed wing showcase, where I was unable to effectively taxi using the rotation of my stick, which was mapped to foot pedals. With a full rotation of the z-axis, the rudders only seem to traverse around 50% of their range, given the comparison of using the keyboard to do the same thing. I found this to be the case with all of the axis on my joystick, causing high speed helo flying to be impossible, as my cyclic cannot be pushed far enough forward to compensate for lift.

Things I have tried so far include messing with the Target Command GUI, from Thrustmaster, though it seems to only effect the raw output of the joystick, and therefor has limited effect in game. This includes for testing purposes setting an axis to relative, which with a slight input caused the axis to progress to the same peak level as described.

Calibration through windows.

Adjusting the sliders in Arma 3's controller customization, including the 1.0-3.0 numbers from pressing the show button.

Using DXTweak2 to mess with raw output values.

Also, I have found these problems to be true with my 360 controller as well.

From my observations, it seems that Arma is simply dividing the max controller input by 2, and I don't have any idea how to change it.

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

xScaramouchx

No problems here with th T.16000m.

A friend of mine has the same problem like you when he uses two devices for the same input. (joystick and controller)

After he removed the controller from the button configurations in Arma, everything was fine.

Wow, thank you so much. I had disabled the 360 controller, but hadn't actually unmapped all of the controls to it. Clearing the controls and unplugging it for good measure has worked.

Much appreciated.

As this thread is about the Thrustmaster T16000, I figured I could link a mod for it here too also. The standard T16000 is in my opininon too stiff for chopper controls in my opinion so the spring needs some modding. With the ducktape mod i got it to finally work perfectly.. landings are now a breeze and the twisthandle is just perfect if you dont want/can afford pedals.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138577-A-joystick-suitable-for-Arma-2-Arma-3&p=2925640&viewfull=1#post2925640