Sign in to follow this  
BlueJames

New stuff

I think that the BMP-3 is a very interesting design.  It's not like the other two BMPs, it's actually a light tank with the ability to carry infantry.  Armed with a 100mm gun, 30mm automatic, a machine gun and an ATGM launcher.  Wouldn't be that hard to do, for someone who knows what their doing.

BMP-3 Info

I don't think that another BMP is necessary... How about some ships??? There are so few of them...

no, i think hes right on this. I would also like to see a BMP3

theres been alot of Western units recently and not many Eastern so imo a BMP3 or of kind would be welcomed

Why repeat almost the same vehicle over and over? How about some new stuff, such as a german (present day high tech version) Leopard tank?

same as in it carries men.

Becasue that and the prefix BMP is about all they share.

I mean an IFV with a 100mm main gun , that just sounds like fun to me smile.gif

thats the thing. they arent exactly the same.

BMP

bmp-1-DNSC9209016_JPG.jpg

BMP2

bmp2_2.jpg

BMP3

bmp-3_9.jpg

note that on each version theres been a different main weapon, first a 73mm gun on the BMP, 30mm auto cannon on BMP2 and a 100mm gun on the BMP3

Troops in the back, the BMP1 can take 8, the BMP2 van take 7 and thw BMP3 also 7

the armor has gone from 19-23mm in the BMP1, 23-33 on the BMP2 and 30-35 on the BMP3

The speed has also increased, albeit 5 kmph.

lastly, having multiple versions enables a mission maker the option of using a more realistic vehicle option for the time of their mission.

still think its the same?

There are a few differences, but personally I'd rather see something else. A Sheridan maybe.

Geez, someone suggests something for the East, and hardly anyone wants it, they just suggest more West units instead! confused.gif   West units are completely overwhelming the East...where's the fun in a totally 1 sided battle?

I'd like to see BMP3 anyway.

if you dont like it dont d/l it. I think making a bmp3 would be very good!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frugo_PL @ Oct. 02 2002,02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why repeat almost the same vehicle over and over? How about some new stuff, such as a german (present day high tech version) Leopard tank?<span id='postcolor'>

The BW-MOD team already has a Leapord tank out. Download their demo and you'll see a fairly good beta version of it.

Personally I would REALLY love to see the BMP3. Like others said, the Russian forces seriously need more hardware.

I'm still waiting for a BTR-60/60/80 for them and perhaps a T90 or better, or some older hardware like their old airborne self-propelled assault guns and a SPG-9 recoiless rifle.

At any rate, the BMP-3 is just one very cool and mean piece of hardware that would be very fun to have in OFP!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah, a BMP-3 would be great. Also a T-90, T-80U, BTR-60, -70, and -80, plz biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geez, someone suggests something for the East, and hardly anyone wants it, they just suggest more West units instead! West units are completely overwhelming the East...where's the fun in a totally 1 sided battle?

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I want to see more Eastern units, but I want to see NEW stuff, not remakes of old stuff. Russians have a lot more things than just BMP!!! How about a mobile rocket launcher, or a new gunship or maybe even Destroyer???

The problem with ships is that they would be a pale shadow of what they are in Real Life, because you can have only one gun firing at a time.

Whether it is a full-blown battle ship, destroyer, carrier, PT boat or whatever, it would be completely underpowered in relation to what it should be. I already feel trapped at times while riding in the back of a simple patrol boat because I can't shoot my rifle while under fire.

Thus, my feeling is that the OFP community should concentrate on things that can be implemented well within the limitations of the current engine.

Yes, BMP-3 would be very nice. I was about to post a request for one, but been a good biy I used the search engine first. I definetly think the BMP-3 should be make for the simple fact that its fire power is immensly greater of the earlier two models. But, if nobody wants to make that, why not the AT-15 Krizantema missile system? Its mounted on the BMP-3 Chassis and packs a punch.

Can cut through one metre(1000mm) of steel armour protected by ERA(Explosive Reactive armour, those funny small squares on the T-80)

AT-15

Here you can see video of the AT-15 in a demostration along with plenty of other combat systems smile.gif

Video(click 'video at the top of page, wont let me link straight into vid section)

Brought to you by nobody else but ROSOBORONEXPORT, you friendly Russian Arms dealers smile.gif

Ok, you couldnt have all the radar and that moving around, but if you kept the missile luancher in fixed position it would look convincing enough.

And if you are going to say 'but the BMP-1 and 2 already have missile systems, well, this is better.

If you need more reasons, on top of been the most advanced system around, it can also fire two missiles off fast and carries plenty of reloads. This system can give an Abrams platoon a bad head ache, espicially since the AT-15 can engage targets up to 6km away.

Ok, Ill stop trying to seel it to you now wink.gif

I am all for this BMP3. Its in use. It would be a better advantage for the east. I'd really love to see a better Russian tanks, and heck, Arties would be sweet, for both sides. Something like bf1942 would be neat.

Yeah, the BMP3 would be a good addon. Did anyone ever fix the size of the original BMP? I think I remember a discussion about it being too big.

Add me to the list. smile.gif The BMP-3 would not only reinforce the East with a modern, highly effective unit, but it would add something which is fairly unique into the game - a vehicle which fires shells, cannon rounds and missiles as well as carrying troops. That's one badass IFV. tounge.gif

And once the BMP-3 is finished, dont forget to start on the BMP-4!

BMP-4

Its lightly armed compared to the BMP-3, carrying only a 30mm cannon and a AT-5 launcher+LMG, but its mounted on the T-55 hull so it is a lot more protected than its predecessors. The BMP-4 has been designed on the lessons of the Chechnyian war where lightly armoured vehicles have taken large casualites. But overall, BMP-3 is more wanted!