Sign in to follow this  
canukausiuka

Viewing animations

Well Deadmeat i dont know if you know this but FlipeR is on the Ballistic team so you could ask him personaly biggrin.gif

LOL

Topic starter: Your topic title is misleading, they found a way to view animations not edit them.

[*] Dog animations!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 02 2002,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Topic starter:  Your topic title is misleading, they found a way to view animations not edit them.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, I think you're right, my apologies.  Any mod feel like fixing that for me? (I couldn't find a way)

It seems the next step is editing the animations... hopefully it won't be long now though  wink.gif .

If anyone else knows anything about this (FlipeR, you mind giving us a bit more info?), let us know... I know I'm excited enough as is, but it would be incredible to see what's really possible.  smile.gif

Edit: seems I can't fix the title myself, sorry for the confusion. sad.gif

New animations will have a big impact on OFP. Though it will be slightly difficult to edit the motion, since you cannot use other animation equipment other than BIS's. So, you will have to edit it like programs such as Poser 4, when moving the model about for each keyframe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 02 2002,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Topic starter:  Your topic title is misleading, they found a way to view animations not edit them.

[*] Dog animations!<span id='postcolor'>

you can edit them.

I have two words to say about the news that it is possible to edit animations.

Jackie.

Chan.

jackie-chan.jpgbiggrin.gif

It was said that you can VIEW animations, and EDITING will be the next STEP. However, I doubt that there will be Jackie Chan since you can't assign new keys... sad.gifmad.gifsad.gif

making a soldier animation is hard as BIS did it in a Studio using sensors

Bruce Lee is nothing campared to...

SYLVESTER

STALONE!!!  smile.gif  biggrin.gif  wink.gif  tounge.gif

dont go off-topic or the ops will move or close it lol

Pulling this back on topic.

Well thats cool. Another step has been reached in OFP editing. smile.gif

I had a question but it is just a tad off topic. Assuming we can create new models with custom animations, is there a limit to the size of a model you could build in oxygen? I always had a crazy wish that someone would do a Godzilla mod with a bunch tanks and planes going after some giant creature terrorizing the island. Maybe something that big would really slow things down though....just a thought.

I am not a mod maker, but from my general knowledge about games and simulators your godzilla creature should not cause any huge slowdowns if created properly. biggrin.gif It would mostly depend on the poly count and texturing, and maybe the number of moving limbs. confused.gif

You know, this is kind of ironic, the first thing we think of making when the possibility of animated addons arises is Godzilla and people that use kicks  and punches instead of superior firepower......

has anyone thought about the potential to animate preexisting elements of the game? *not that Jackie Chan or Godzilla wouldn’t be “cool†for lack of a better word*    tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 02 2002,21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nah Jackie Chan is nothing compared to...

BRUCE.

LEE.

smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bruce Lee is dead. Jackie Chan is way better.

It would be theoretically possible to make effective kicks and punches - you use "addaction" and make a script where your unit kicks/punches.

Good news. Maybe we can try the Dragon AT missile.

Or better yet: try to get Ghost Recon animations into Operation Flashpoint!