hotzenplotz

M.S.K.E. 4 Islands Map Version 2017

My friend from clan also downloaded it, and for him it works fine, even with mods we use. So there must be something I am doing wrong, but I have no idea what... Could this be video settings? Any idea what could be wrong?

Uff. Why you changed your folgername? @MSKE-A3 to @MSKE_2.5 ? We use repo and with changing the foldername all users must delete the old stuff from hand and download the hole 1GB again. Would be cool if you would stay with @MSKE-A3 ;)

And why we dont do it on our own? When we play with other clans, they use @mske_2.5 in their repo and all players will sync this one again (and so on and on...)

Yeah, I already gave hotze some flak about that, and the folder in a folder in a folder [...] zipping.

My friend from clan also downloaded it, and for him it works fine, even with mods we use. So there must be something I am doing wrong, but I have no idea what... Could this be video settings? Any idea what could be wrong?

have you tried only starting with mske and the all in arma terrain pack? just to make sure there are no other conflicts.

I'm loving this map, thank you Hotzenplotz!

What is happening with the small island SE of Kolgujev? It is still WIP?

I also have some bugs for you:

I found some trees just east of Montignac that are duplicated on to the same position.

Q2F49Mel.jpg

hi6soLRl.jpg

uUN1EBUl.jpg

u4iuShbl.jpg

And also the town name for La Trinite is misplaced.

qL2xjiQl.jpg

WjFHegjl.jpg

Oh, many thanks for this info. I will in the next update fixed.

Best regards.

at the moment no idea. ;)

Best regards.

Nogova is missing, will we see it with Nogova added in the future? I only ask as my Nogovan Armed Forces of the Nogovan Republic (Nogova, Malden and Everon) need a home ;)

• Like 4

Nogova is missing, will we see it with Nogova added in the future? I only ask as my Nogovan Armed Forces of the Nogovan Republic (Nogova, Malden and Everon) need a home ;)

Nogova comes as standalone, when the bridge works for ai. :D

Best regards.

You're welcome  :)

May I suggest a small airfield on that small island perhaps? It seems quite military themed, and would not look so out of place. Even just a flat strip to land light aircraft, with a wind sock would be cool.

In general, the north of MSKE feels rich in airfields compared to the south.

Do you plan on improving the map (ground textures etc)? Some buildings and compounds are all alone and seem strange without a small path or road leading to it.

Oh boy, so many memories from endless OFP Days (Mostly MFCTI/CRCTI) came back in my mind, when i flew over the Map.

Thx for porting :)

Could you ask the ALiVE devs to support your map?  :D

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

I thought i already posted that on their tracker. http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

But i looked into it and cant find my post :P

Yes would be cool Hotze if you could ask for it, i think the official builder will be more highlighted than any other user.

Regarding ALiVE Mod map support:

Just noticed something on their wiki. Hotze, check out the Map Indexing information here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

If you can provide a "Static List" of building types used, it'll help the ALiVE devs process things faster.

EDIT

New ALiVE version supports MSKE :D

As AiA TP is a "dead" project, i assume you will one day join in CUP ? So we will have all bohemia series terrains in only one pack. Can't wait for it, so far good work =)

i get an error with CUP and mske in the editor. Color blah blah.

i get an error with CUP and mske in the editor. Color blah blah.

It is this 2015-12-30_00001.jpg

• Like 1

It is possible to have this maps splitted? I Mean: possible have only Malden, or only Everon? I Know there is a Everon 2014 and Malden 2010 (A2) but I think this one is better. Will be possible to see them splitted in 4 maps? Sorry if was already asked. Btw good job. Lovely pack :)

Because if I want only Malden or Everon or Kolgoujev, I prefer have only one Island instead 4 loaded. For fps save. Cause less bog is the map more fps I have. Right?

performance is really good on this map. I think its better to have 1 big map to give players more possibilities.

Because if I want only Malden or Everon or Kolgoujev, I prefer have only one Island instead 4 loaded. For fps save. Cause less bog is the map more fps I have. Right?

The fps drop is minimal. Maybe 1 or 2 fps less. I have 3 Missions on MSKE and allot of experience on it.

You dont need 4 separate terrains believe me...

• Like 1

performance is really good on this map. I think its better to have 1 big map to give players more possibilities.

The fps drop is minimal. Maybe 1 or 2 fps less. I have 3 Missions on MSKE and allot of experience on it.

You dont need 4 separate terrains believe me...

Oh ok, thanks to all of you guys. I thinsk that the map bigger it is, more FPS drop it will be. Thanks for it!

Oh ok, thanks to all of you guys. I thinsk that the map bigger it is, more FPS drop it will be. Thanks for it!

Unlikely, if the map is well optimised there shouldn't be any issues.

Unlikely, if the map is well optimised there shouldn't be any issues.

Oh ok. I'm a little bit "ignorant" about ArmA and his unlimited FPS problem :P damned broken engine!

Oh ok. I'm a little bit "ignorant" about ArmA and his unlimited FPS problem :P damned broken engine!

Well perhaps the issue with your FPS is your under lying PC hardware, don't be first to blame the map.

Well perhaps the issue with your FPS is your under lying PC hardware, don't be first to blame the map.

Absolutely I don't want to blame the map. I like it! However I was asking about the "splitting" only cause I think that big map = low fps. My ignorance. Sorry about it :)