hotzenplotz

M.S.K.E. 4 Islands Map Version 2017

The only thing that currently makes me sad, is that ALIVE Isn't quite ready for this terrain :(

The only thing that currently makes me sad, is that ALIVE Isn't quite ready for this terrain :(

To be fair, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 ----------

Hotze great work, just what I've talked about months ago about putting all my A2 islands onto one map. Sadly, not all 4 are ready for A3 yet...

That would be great!

I've got this too, so it's reproducible.

It'd be nice if we could find a fix for this, it's a damn fine map.

Check if you have the last hotfix for AiATP installed. That fixed some coruppt files that lead to arma freezing when certain models were loaded.

@Hotze: "Isch fass es net!" - I am glad you released it!

And I wouldn't call some config entries 'a sound mod' ...

And add more cobblestone to the villages! (And some stones to the "rock" areas!)

Edited by t-800a

perfect! any chance each island comes on its own in the editor?

perfect! any chance each island comes on its own in the editor?

lol now that gave me a chuckle...

Check if you have the last hotfix for AiATP installed. That fixed some coruppt files that lead to arma freezing when certain models were loaded.

@Hotze: "Isch fass es net!" - I am glad you released it!

And I wouldn't call some config entries 'a sound mod' ...

And add more cobblestone to the villages! (And some stones to the "rock" areas!)

Hi Haucke, i am work for a new update. Yes more cobblestone:p but I will ask you, before i release :)

@ Gamermanas, I will not do. Thats my last work for islands.

Would like to thank all of you for the interest and the help I have received.

see you ,Hotze.

Great release, Hotzenplotz!

Now, if someone remake the OPF campaign, we can have the russian forces actually departing from one island to raid other lol (and when NATO flees from Malden too)

congrats!

cheers!

Great work Hotzenplotz.

it's a real pleasure do discover the islands again in arma III. we found some great places with instant mission ideas.

Also discovered some strange locations with bushes in the ocean, i have made some pics: http://imgur.com/a/k24OL

thank you for porting the map to arma III :)

Thanks for the great idea and work. The islands are very well done.

Great work Hotzenplotz.

it's a real pleasure do discover the islands again in arma III. we found some great places with instant mission ideas.

Also discovered some strange locations with bushes in the ocean, i have made some pics: http://imgur.com/a/k24OL

thank you for porting the map to arma III :)

Ah many thx , i fix that. Thats i like it, help me for finding mistakes :)

Now that I've managed to play this with no crashses, I must say it's an enjoyable map. Great job, really.

I have only done a light test on this, but moust airplanes (non-stock) I sent out to landAt (script) different airbases did not arrive. Most flew in different mountains. The Wipeout managed a landing just fine, but maybe fine tune the waypoints for AI-landing is needed? (Does mapmaking include airbase WP arrangment?)

I am honestly stunned how good this concept is and i have to say well done to you sir! However it is a shame to see alot of the old arma 2 non enter able buildings used :( Are you guys looking for a hand in developing this map? I have alot of free time on my hands and a realism community that can and will help test the map if you guys need it. I cannot thank you enough for this and we shall be using it in our next campaign. Like i said though if you guys need a hand finishing of this map please do not hesitate to drop me a message and i will be straight on it.

Do you have any, long or short term, plans on adding Nogova to the mix, at a side or anything? Because that would mean, in theory, that the entire OFP-campaign would be replayable from a single map, and I have to say that would be awesome.

Actually, I do not expect that to happen, but nothing can make me stop dreaming. ^^ (And yes, I do see the "4". :))

Once the ai will walk/drive over bridges with no problems maybe.... ;)

I'm trying to make this map work with my Epoch server. What's the map size? 20000?

@Shurix. I assume you mean the value for worldSize? That would be 12800.

@Hotzenplotz The map is brilliant. Great work :D

@Hotzenplotz - is it possible to replace Arma 2 buildings with Arma 3 buildings or add bigger towns at some point?

I'd love to use your map for my Epoch mod server where looting is essential. Please advise.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Thanks Monk!

@Hotzenplotz - Love this map!!! Have a couple of questions though. Is there a good reason for 0 coordinate to be in the middle of map? There is a line in the middle between the islands and above it I get 001,002,003 map reference and below it 099,098,097. Is this by design or this is a result of gluing 4 islands together into the same map? Maybe, my map settings need to be adjusted?

Edited by shurix

Hotzenplotz, thank you very much for the effort. Great work!:yay:

I am setting up an "Epoch 4 islands" server:

KS3000 4 Islands

62.210.51.172:2312

Launch params: -noSplash -mod=(at)Epoch;(at)Emod02;(at)allinarmaterrainpack;(at)MSKE-A3;

- added ground loot to almost all OFP and ARMA buildings

- epoch loot works on ARMA2,3 buildings

- multiple sappers

- spawn on Sarugao

- survival loot and weapons

Work in progress. Need to setup traders, vehicles, etc.

Again, thank you for bringing back to us these lost but not forgotten islands.

Edited by Slowekistan