bw1231996

- Community Project - RHS: Escalation Missions/Campaign

Hey guys, so I thought this would be a cool idea. While the RHS devs are working on the mod, why not make some missions together to create a sort of mini-campaign using RHS? I think it would be a lot of fun.

What we have to do is come up with the following:

• What map we are going to use
  • What the storyline will be
  • Characters
  • Types of missions
  • # of Missions

I think it would be best if we assign each other different jobs, and then use something like Dropbox and/or OneDrive to upload and share our work with each other so we can keep up with each other and share knowledge.

What do you think? Would you be willing to help and make some missions/scenarios?

Let's do this!

• Like 1

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should post this in that section since this is just an idea/concept. Not an actual thing just yet. But if any of the mods want to move the thread, please do it :D

Bin working on some rhs mission my self but would like to see something like that hope this works out

Sounds interesting. I've got pretty good skills in the editor and I'm willing to help out. On the other hand my imagination is non-existent...

I am currently making an RHS Campaign, I just finished the second mission, and I thought I could share the plot. I try and involve all weapons and nations RHS has to offer in the campaign. Ive also made the campaign include maps from the All Arma terrain pack. I would love this campaign to be turned into a community project with everyone willing to be involved equally creating missions. I feel having the vanilla maps of Atlis and Stratis isnt enough for RHS, since both sides fit better in a Chernarus style enviroment.

Here are the maps which I am going to use in the Campaign(These are not all of them):

Chernarus

Atlis

Utes

Bornholm

I am currently still working on the plot. Please post your ideas!

• Like 1

Yeah we need to brainstorm.

To be honest, I forgot I wrote this post and just rembered while trying to think up a mission while bored. I think we should restart this idea. Is anyone in? I'm willing to work on some missions, we just need to figure out what the missions are going to consist of.

im not a skilled mission designer, but i have an idea of a story though. And it takes place on Altis, the idea are:

ukrainian freedom fighters (U.F.F, utilizing rhs insurgents faction) has lost their fight againts the governent, and they also have lost support from Russia. Due bad economy in Greece, u.f.f see the opportunity to get their island of their own, they attack the Island and the greek forces is outnumbered. And due to the massive flood of refugees from the middle east, the greek army have their hands full on the mainland and and let the u.f.f keep the island. But the local civilisation does not give up their home without a fight, and this escalate to murder and terrorism. The greek army ask the US for help to control the situasion on Altis. US dispatcing a security forces from US Army...

This can be made as twin story version, where we can play as a U.f.f solider and us solider, to give different perspective of the story.

What do yoy guys think?

sorry for my bad english :-)

Tom

Im already currently working on the campaign and currently creating the 3rd mission. The UFF idea is good, but I think Russia needs to directly be involved. Also just having Atlis as the map wont be popular, since RHS blends well with the Chernarus landscape and also the camoflage. This is my plot:

You play as an Russian Corporal Mikhail Boshovski, and are lead by an lieutenant who is killed on the first mission. You are sent to Chernarus after NAPA insurgents (Insurgents independent and also linked from the arma 2 campaign) raid supply lines and situate there base of operations near the town of Olsha. After the Lieutenant is killed, you take command (Mikhail is the same character as the main player), and fight your way to take out insurgent artillery and FOB. The next mission is the crucial part of the campaign. The CHDKZ (Chernarussian movement of the red star) forces who are allied with Russia take over peacekeeping operations in northern Chernarus. Mikhail and his squad of Sergei (Marksman armed with a SVD), Boris (AK-74M) and Alexsei  (AK-74 and RPG-7) investigate an civilian needing help, Once reaching the civilian, CHDKZ soldiers (In arma 2 they have a reputation for brutality against the Chernarussians) are about to put a bullet into a civilians head just for being a chernarussian. Your character tries to deal with the situation by saying to the soldiers to stop, but dont listen. You think that the CHDKZ is carrying out Ethnic Cleansing, and open fire on them. This causes your players switch to blufor. The CHDKZ turn on you. You have to escape Chernarus until you get a radio call from Captain Williams of the UK Special Operations Team. He is situated in a nuclear submarine off the coast of Chernarus. He explains the Russians are too friendly with the CHDKZ to believe and help your squad. He says that if you turn up to the Russians, they may kill you for friendly fire or misconduct. He explains that you can be picked up and extracted back to the submarine, and your lives saved. Mikhail have to clear out an AA fort before being picked up.

Just before I carry on, the CHDKZ soldiers, UKSOT operators and Mikhails squad were all made on the virtual arsenal so every soldier from them are not a class on the editor.

After being picked up by heli after consistent counterattacks on your squad by the CHDKZ, you arrive at HMS Kingfish, a British royal navy nuclear submarine. You are then recruited into the UKSOT and the submarine is sent to Atlis to resupply the sub of ammo and food. The AAF are part of NATO and your character comes to Pygros where you collect some ammo, then for no apparent reason the AAF turn on you and have to make a get away out of Pygros. You then have to meet off the coast to be once again extracted to HMS Kingfish. This is the plot I am up to, and think Im going to keep this plot since it involves alot of maps and you play as both Russia and NATO/US. The UKSOT are customized and use RHS weaponary and clothing. Sorry this plot is long, but the longer the better. Tom your english is fine you don't need to apologise :)

Dave

Alright, I can assist with that if you wish. I have decent editor skills and can easily provide you guys with some military uniform and tactics counseling, considering my years in AFBiH. 

Regards,

DenyWilCo.

Thank you Deny, much appreciated for the help. I need some textures for the custom made nations like UKSOT and CHDKZ. I have both made the loadouts for them, but maybe unit insignias or vehicle textures. I have tried making the textures for the vehicles from templates but with no success. For playing Arma 3 for a year and a bit now, I will be really glad if we can start making some textures.

Regards

Dave

Unfortunately my skills are limited to editor work, small unit tactics and guerrilla warfare, so I won't really be able to help with that. However I can get my hands on quite a large amount of military uniforms from most NATO and NATO allied nations, so if you need any camo references, let me know, and I'll try and get some pictures ASAP.

Regards,
DenyWilCo.

Thats no problem, I can still try and master the skins I have done before. It would be good to get some pictures of UK special forces uniforms, since I have made some but need editing more. They are UKSOT United Kingdom Special Operations Teams. They are the naval version of the SAS. The UKSOT uniforms should resemble some SAS and Royal Marine uniforms, a mix would be good. Also, it would be great if we both start planning more missions. I have only the quarter of the plot finished.

Regards

Dave

I'll try and reach out to some guys and see what I can find out. I'll also break out to notepad and get to writing down some ideas.

Regards,

DenyWilCo.