Sign in to follow this  
delos

How to play arma 2 oa multioplayer?

Hello, i'm totally new to Arma 2 multiplayer since i've always played single mission or LAN coop modes.

So i've found out that i need 1.63 patch to play Operation Arrowhead online but steam is also

new and pointless application for me, so i can't find that patch nowhere and i'm

completely stuck. Tried to find full tutorials for multiplayer mode, but nothing.

Hi Delos.

Can you describe a bit more, what it is you're trying to do? Are you using Steam to launch OA or are you launching it outside of Steam?

Most servers still running OA are on the 1.63 patch, and that update is only available through Steam.

Your only other option of playing online MP, is to search for servers that are not on 1.63, but those are far and few between.

Yeah currently im on 1.62 and i launch the game outside of Steam.

I did not manage to find servers that are not on 1.63

So what do i have to do to play it through Steam, do i have to buy it on steam also?

I'm not sure how the process it with getting it "in" Steam. But I believe you should be able to do it, since you own a legit key for it.

What you could try, would to be and enter the key under the activations tab in Steam, and see if that works.

Unfortunately I can't help you much when it comes to what you need to do to get you version of the game registered on Steam. I just know that it can be done.

Anything else that is MP related, I can probably be of a better assistance to you there.

Is your OA on a disc ? if so then when Gamespy shutdown that disc version is useless, since Gamespy were used for the account activation.

All you have to do is redeem your license key through Steam, your disc game then becomes a Steam game :)

In Steam go to Games > Activate a product on Steam > Enter the product code > done :) Steam will verify the key and download, repeat for all other ArmA titles

Ok whatever i just bought OA from Steam, but still do i have to download and install the game from Steam now?

I also got a key from purchase but it does not work when i try to "Activatea product on Steam" ...... wth

If you bought the game on Steam, your next step would be to download it via the Steam application.

Once done, you launch the game, and usually it handles the key thing on its own.