Question on an issue I've seen no data to answer:

Where are the built-in textures or models for parking lots, such as the one in front of Altis International Airport?

I see no textures or models in the P:/a3/ folders, so I have no idea where to start. If someone might at least point me in the right direction towards the appropriate PAAs or P3Ds, that would be exceptionally helpful. Thank you!

EDIT: Specifically, it looks like it has a road type texture with specialized lines drawn... just can't find that to save my life.

Edited by spartancain

It may actually be a ground texture defined in the cfgsurface confit with p3ds as the white lines. Check map_data and see if the ground texture you see is In there

Nope, no asphalt in map_data, just the white washed-out concrete. The cfgsurfaces config doesn't have any clues either, nothing similar or related in there (good thinking though, I missed that).

Edited by spartancain

White lines are Decal_White_Line_F.p3d in "A3/Roads_F/Decals" , The texture for the line is in the file Decals_Runway_Ca(nohq).paa in "A3/Roads_F/Runway/Data/" (The white line on left of image).

The parking lot road and taxi ways at the airport appear to me to be the same, maybe a multi-texture of these files (maybe) asphalt_dt.paa with concrete_smooth_512_dtsmdi.paa and/or concrete1_512_dtsmdi.paa on top. Found in "A3\Data_F\detailmaps\"

Guys, sorry for the necroposting, but i wanted to know how to use these decals in a map. Can anyone help me?

theres a much easier way, grab fot_cara.p3d from the BIS sample pack, then grab the textures from CUP and away u go (open up fot)cara to see the path for the textures then u can remap them to use in your own PBO, use Xcam to place them down. Pic below shows how I've used them to make carparks

COcyOhz.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2017 at 2:08 AM, Auss said:

theres a much easier way, grab fot_cara.p3d from the BIS sample pack, then grab the textures from CUP and away u go (open up fot)cara to see the path for the textures then u can remap them to use in your own PBO, use Xcam to place them down. Pic below shows how I've used them to make carparks

COcyOhz.jpg

ah cooool i see, but one question how did you get that concrete ground texture, did you pray it on terrain builder?