Sign in to follow this  
chronicsilence

Map Recommendation Request

Hey everyone,

I'm an experienced SQF coder, but this is my first foray into modding. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to go about this is. I'm looking to build a large multiplayer (~100 players) mission in Arma 3, and I don't want to use Altis or Stratis. I'm looking for a map more in the style of Chernarus or Bystrica, fairly large (maybe 70% - 100% the size of Altis), and most importantly, where all buildings have functioning doors and can be entered (like all the ones on Altis). Basically, I'm looking for an Altis with real hills and forests.

Any suggestions on the best options?

Thanks!

What are you bumping here?

Are you asking someone to build such a map for you or are you trying to figure out how to build it yourself?

In case of the latter have a look at one of the many great tutorials which can be found in this subforum.

If you are, however, asking someone to build a map for you it will most likely never happen.

What are you bumping here?

Are you asking someone to build such a map for you or are you trying to figure out how to build it yourself?

In case of the latter have a look at one of the many great tutorials which can be found in this subforum.

If you are, however, asking someone to build a map for you it will most likely never happen.

No no, not asking anyone to build anything for me. I'm asking if anyone here knows of a decent pre-existing mod map that meets these criteria.

Why not simply use the All in Arma Terrain Pack then, considering the examples in your OP?

To more directly answer your question - off the top of my head I don't there there is a single map that meets all your criteria.

A lot of the big maps are A2 era or earlier and so don't have the enter-able buildings with the functioning doors.

A lot of the maps with all enter-able buildings and working doors are new, small maps (Imrali, Wake, :cough:cough; Gorgona). :p

There are some new big maps like Bornholm, FSF Kalu Khan & FSF Dariyah, but they all use a mix of A2 and A3 buildings, so far as I know.

The closest fit is the one you ruled out - Altis (big, doors everywhere), but if you value size over doors, then Panthera, Podogorsk, Caribou Frontier or any of the big AiA maps are all decent options.

I'd recommend Patheria or possibly NAPF, however both might contains some buildings that are not enterable.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I value an intermediate to large size the most (as I said in OP, maybe about two-thirds the size of Altis), and then mostly having enterable buildings (they don't ALL have to be, but the vast majority should be). I'll check out Imrali, Wake, Gorgona, Pantheria, and NAPF to see what seems like the best fit.

I find NAPF to be a nice map size wise, but lacks buildings and structures. You could easily use a 3d editor to add different buildings in such though!