Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Valor (The True Successor To FFIS)

Just announcing that I am working on a sequel to my old Firefight Improvement System, "Valor".

More details will come later.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time around ;)

Amazing news! ;)

Cant wait for a new FFIS, whatever its named

Praise the Sun! I'm so loving you!

Any features with headless client planned?

I really liked FFIS. I felt that it lacked a lot of urban conflict support. The A.I. would usually just run out of their positions as soon as things started happening. some recent mods like ASR AI actually make units enter buildings as well as stay fixed in them. I would definitely like to see something like this in your new release. I'm very excited to see how it turns out. Best of luck.

I really liked FFIS. I felt that it lacked a lot of urban conflict support. The A.I. would usually just run out of their positions as soon as things started happening. some recent mods like ASR AI actually make units enter buildings as well as stay fixed in them. I would definitely like to see something like this in your new release. I'm very excited to see how it turns out. Best of luck.

FFIS2 (cancelled) had a large focus on urban combat, this one will as well.

Hey, Zooloo, one of my favorite things about FFIS was the fact that they would call in mortar support. Are there plans to retain this as well as give us an option to use mortars other than the vanilla mortars? I could not get it to work with anything but those.

Great news Zooloo! I loved FFIS. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Hey, Zooloo, one of my favorite things about FFIS was the fact that they would call in mortar support. Are there plans to retain this as well as give us an option to use mortars other than the vanilla mortars? I could not get it to work with anything but those.

Battles aren't complete without mortars and other fire support :)

Battles aren't complete without mortars and other fire support :)

I think, I just shed a tear of joy ;)

Do note that I am prioritizing development on my Impulse mod at the moment, but Valor is planned for development (there is a small framework in place so far though), and it will be better than FFIS (and share certain qualities from my cancelled FFIS2 project).

I really liked the idea of FFIS 2 where running the same mission twice would result in AI "remembering" the previous fights in that location, but maybe making it to where that only happened during the mission run-time. Also, if possible, I'd like for AI to pull a 360 security when exiting a helo. That would be extremely impressive.

I really liked the idea of FFIS 2 where running the same mission twice would result in AI "remembering" the previous fights in that location, but maybe making it to where that only happened during the mission run-time. Also, if possible, I'd like for AI to pull a 360 security when exiting a helo. That would be extremely impressive.

For AllRoundDefence you need DasAttorney to pull his finger out :) I'm sure zooloo75 can also do it however !

Care to elaborate on the certain qualities from FFIS2? If it is the one I am thinking....can't wait