-ami- mofo

Create diary record briefing appearing twice in MP

Missions that I previously made that have the intel create diary record module are now acting a little strange but only in MP.

Anything in the briefing section is repeated so it shows up twice. Last time I played them several months ago they were normal and I haven't touched anything since.

Does anybody know why this may be?

Missions that I previously made that have the intel create diary record module are now acting a little strange but only in MP.

Anything in the briefing section is repeated so it shows up twice. Last time I played them several months ago they were normal and I haven't touched anything since.

Does anybody know why this may be?

Does it appear twice as soon as a 2nd player joins?

You could try to use if(isServer) to make sure it only gets execute on the server.

This is even if it's just one player. Can you use the if(isServer) in the create diary module?

If not may just have to go back to doing a briefing the old scripted way.

This is even if it's just one player. Can you use the if(isServer) in the create diary module?

If not may just have to go back to doing a briefing the old scripted way.

You are using the diary module and it appears twice? That sounds like a bug.

I have this problem as well with my two multiplayer missions that use lots of mods.  Even if I host a game on my own without any other player having joined, the briefing entries appear twice.

But if I simply make a vanilla mission with a team, a task and a briefing using the module system, it works fine.  So i'd say it must be either a mod conflict or a conflict with other elements of more sophisticated mission design.  Further testing with more complex user made missions that are created with vanilla contant only may be necessary.

Attually the function libary has a task frame work that does all of that stuff automatically. Obviuosuly this in your init.sqf will give you your breifing (works in mp).

player createDiaryRecord ["diary", ["diary subject 1", "cool stuff be happening yo.."]];  
player createDiaryRecord ["diary", ["diary subject 2", "cool stuff be happening yo.."]];   

For tasks: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Task_Framework

Example (could also go in init.sqf):

if (isServer) then {
/*
BIS_fnc_taskCreate.

Parameters:
        0: BOOL or OBJECT or GROUP or SIDE or ARRAY - Task owner(s)
        1: STRING or ARRAY - Task name or array in the format [task name, parent task name]
        2: ARRAY or STRING - Task description in the format ["description", "title", "marker"] or CfgTaskDescriptions class
        3: OBJECT or ARRAY or STRING - Task destination
        4: BOOL or NUMBER or STRING - Task state (or true to set as current)
        5: NUMBER - Task priority (when automatically selecting a new current task, higher priority is selected first)
        6: BOOL - Show notification (default: true)
        7: STRING - Task type as defined in the CfgTaskTypes
        8: BOOL - Should the task being shared (default: false), if set to true, the assigned players are being counted
*/
    {_x call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;} forEach [
        [
            WEST,
            "BWCSM_Task_1",
            ["Your team is to search For Captured Resistance Leader, he is believed to be been held in or around the town of Ifestiona (129,197) by an elite CSAT unit. When you have identified his location your team is too rescue him and defend him against CSAT until the UMSC 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion reaches Your Location. <br /><br />Bring the Resistance leader back to Altis Airfield to complete this objective.", "Rescue Resistance Leader", "Rescue Resistance Leader"],
            getMarkerPos "ObjectiveOne",
            "AUTOASSIGNED", // "Succeeded"  "Failed" "Canceled" "Created" "Assigned" , "AUTOASSIGNED"
            true,
            "Rescue Resistance Leader",
            false
        ],
        [
            WEST,
            "BWCSM_Task_2",
            ["Remain Undetected, until you have begun your attempt to rescue the resistance leader.<br /><br />To complete this objective some of your team must be within 250m of the captive when your are detected by the CSAT forces.", "Remain Undetected", ""],
            getMarkerPos "ObjectiveOne",
            "Assigned",
            false,
            "",
            false
        ]
    ];
};

Update your tasks in this way via a trigger for example:

if (isServer) then {0 = ["BWCSM_Task_1","Succeeded",true] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;};

If the module is broken report it on the feedback tracker.