Sign in to follow this  
forte2718

Can't Launch ArmA 2 OA/BattlEye: Windows Test-Signing Mode Not Supported

Hello,

Just this week, I began having a problem with BattlEye that is preventing me from launching ArmA 2: OA as well as all mods for the game. Please help!

Description of problem: When I launch the game via any method, I get a BattlEye command prompt with the following error message:

"Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Windows Test-Signing Mode not supported." (screenshot)

Having a programming background, I did a little research and I believe the problem is caused by a newly-introduced dependence in the BattlEye software on a driver test-signing mode which is not present in my operating system, which is Windows XP x64 SP2. I found several references to test-signing modes which began being present and required with Windows Vista and later. Unfortunately, I suspect that this means all other Windows XP users may also be having trouble launching the game -- though I have not been able to confirm this. It seems to me that this problem is not one that would be caused by a problem with my system's software configuration; however, I have tried a number of common troubleshooting solutions just to say I tried them. As expected, none of them have helped. :(

Solutions tried:

• Replacing all of the BattlEye executables with the latest versions from battleye.com
  • Verifying game installation files
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling BattlEye
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Arma 2: OA
  • Disabling all anti-virus and firewall software
  • Ensuring the several Arma 2 and BattlEye folders have the proper folders permissions, as well as being run on an Administrator account.

I have posted about BattlEye problems I've had in the past (link), and was greatly helped by Dwarden (and $able, who helped others with my same issue) -- at that time, a new BattlEye update was released which I assume contained a bug fix for that problem. I believe that I may need your help to patch the software again this time. I know you guys work tirelessly to help people when they have problems like these ... can I trouble you for your assistance once more? Getting this resolved is a matter of some urgency for me, since I play the DayZ mod for this game, which has only temporary item storage that expires weekly. If I am unable to get into the game and access that storage again by Tuesday at the latest, I may lose everything I have worked for in the game. :(

I would gladly provide any other information about my system configuration that you would find helpful, or take any additional troubleshooting steps you might have -- just let me know what you need! I will monitor this thread so as to get you needed information as promptly as possible.

Thanks again for all your support and professionalism guys, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Forte

Edited by forte2718

I'm actually using Windows 8 and I am having the same issue. I go to start OA or DayZ and a prompt appears saying: Failed to initialize BattlEye service: Windows Test-Signing Mode Not Supported

EDIT: After using cmd.exe with administrator permissions and using the command bcdedit I've discovered I'm not currently using "test-signing mode" on my PC, so I'm still confused on what exactly the issue is...

Edited by Wartheft

Any updates on this issue, or thoughts on resolving it? I have confirmed that someone else I know with this game who is running Windows XP also has this problem, so I know it's not just myself and Wartheft (not sure why it would affect Windows 8 too though, sorry bud).

Still happy to provide any information about my system configuration -- would appreciate knowing that someone is at least working on the issue! At least I was able to make arrangements to ensure I won't lose my in-game items. :) Still sucks not being able to play at all though. :(

Same issue here,

tho im using windows 10 atm, no problems playing yersteday. but since the new update today i can't launch OA anymore.

Same issue here,

tho im using windows 10 atm, no problems playing yersteday. but since the new update today i can't launch OA anymore.

im using windows 7

some extra information btw,

ive been looking into Test-signing on windows thats causing the problem,

i HAVE test-signing turned off... here are my bcdedit settings:

Windows Boot Manager

--------------------

identifier {bootmgr}

device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2

path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

description Windows Boot Manager

locale en-US

inherit {globalsettings}

integrityservices Enable

flightsigning Yes

default {current}

resumeobject {a0c0ae4d-952f-11e4-9bef-b0198c7409f5}

displayorder {current}

toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}

timeout 0

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier {current}

device partition=C:

path \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi

description Windows Technical Preview

locale en-US

inherit {bootloadersettings}

recoverysequence {a0c0ae4b-952f-11e4-9bef-b0198c7409f5}

integrityservices Enable

recoveryenabled Yes

testsigning No

isolatedcontext Yes

flightsigning Yes

allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

osdevice partition=C:

systemroot \WINDOWS

resumeobject {a0c0ae4d-952f-11e4-9bef-b0198c7409f5}

nx OptIn

bootmenupolicy Standard

so as the bcdedit says: testsigning NO.

this might be something battleye is ignoring.

if anyone else of you want to try this:

open cmd as an admin and type: Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Same problem. And, although I knew Test-Signing was off, immediately after it happened I threw out the command to turn Test-Signing off and still was presented the same error; " Windows Test-Signing Mode Not Supported"

For those using a 32-bit OS, please delete the BE Service folder ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\BattlEye") and then manually update your BEService.exe from here: http://www.battleye.com/download.html. This should resolve your issue.

A fix for Windows 10 will follow later.

Edited by $able

Hi and first of all good luck!

I don't have any solution yet.

I'm trying to help a friend. I do have an error message since few dayz at launch, but it's not critical. Bedaisy.sys maybe bcs it's W8.1 not W7

So, I'm reading pages of MSDN and kind of stuff. I'm not sure it's a very important component of Windows...

• Bcdedit Manual msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff542202%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
  • Testsigning Intro //msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff547660%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Apparently when devs wants to use unsigned stuff they put "bcdedit /set testsigning on" not off.

superuser.com/questions/509971/using-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-8

stackoverflow.com/questions/4928721/windows7-boot-option-to-allow-unsigned-drivers-ignored

What I don't understand is that it seems to be driver relative. What link with A2OA?

My first attempt (via TS) was to delete all BE content, from C/..../appdata/local also Steam/Steamapps/A2OA/Expansion/BE and verifying Steam cache;

Also, BE service was off. So tried to activate via taskmgr/service

For all the issues solved to my mates, be sure to update via battleye.com/download.html Very good webpage

Edited by darkcochon

driver test-signing is used to inject hacks ingame. Battleye now forces testsigning to be off since you cant use unsigned drivers. (hacks)

probally with the new battleye update from today something went wrong.

For those using a 32-bit OS, please delete the BE Service folder ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\BattlEye") and then manually update your BEService.exe from here: THAT LINK. This should resolve your issue.

A fix for Windows 10 will follow later.

Did that and error persists "Windows Test-Signing Mode Not Supported"

Did that and error persists "Windows Test-Signing Mode Not Supported"

It will be fixed if you do it correctly, unless you are using a 64-bit OS.

It will be fixed if you do it correctly, unless you are using a 64-bit OS.

What will I do if I'm using 64-bit and tried updating from website and still isn't working?

I am also running windows 10 x64.

Patiently waiting for a fix.

The new BattlEye update today has resolved my issue. Thanks $able and all who contributed to the fix! Cheers guys, keep doing good. :)

Still having the problem:

I had no problems like this until the recent update today (for UK).

An update on this would be amazing :)

I still have this issue. Uninstalled, deleted folders, verified files on Steam and reinstalled couple minutes ago, but it still refuses to work.

(Win10 Pro Build 9926)

YIOWr5a.png

Edited by Zarbon

Same issue here, just updated BattleEye and the issue started (played 20 hours ago and all was fine).

Try to launch game and get the "Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Windows Test-Signing Mode not supported."

On Windows 10 Tech Preview latest Build 9926. Any update or ETA?

Seems it might be fixed for x64 too now. Successfully launched and loaded in on server.

3EJ49tR.jpg

Thank you, devs. :)

Simply fix:

Step 1:

Click Start and type

CMD

Rightclick & Run as administrator

Step 2:

Type in the command prompt

BCDedit

Step 3:

Now type

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Step 4:

Simply restart your PC

If only it were that simple, Hollow. But they've fixed BE now, so it's all good.

Still not working for me.

Updated BE, tried turning testsigning off (even from run as administrator CMD)

Have the same error message: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Windows Test-Signing Mode not supported.

Windows 10 x64 preview.

I concur,

Test signing is disabled via @HollowPlays method, still no joy.

Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Windows Test-Signing Mode not supported.

Windows 10 Pro tech preview x64 9926