Sign in to follow this  
sqb-sma

MER: Reshade tool - Depth of Field, realistic bloom, tonemapping (imagine sweetfx+)

Well, you both have AMD 78XX gpu's, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Just for the record, I works perfectly on my side and I have : i7 860 (no oc), 8gb ddr3, hd 5850 in crossfire.

I actually did a little experiment, at first I didn't have sweetfx in my directory at all. Then after seeing this and trying the first time, I gave up using it, went and found sweet fx and put that in. I was impressed! Then I thought, "hangon, doesn't this tool need sweetfx to work?", without jumping on here and posting like a bull in a china shop and blurting out my question. I put the constantine files in my directory. I loaded the game again and I got a crash.

Here is the difference, I replaced the dxgi.dll with the constantine one and got the crash.

I then replaced all the sweetfx files, All of them. but did not remove the constantine files. I even overwrote dxgi.dll with the one from sweetfx. Loaded my game and I got no crash.

Whether there is a link to what I did or not, I don't know, but my game loaded and I still have the other files in there except I am not using the dxgi.dll from the Reshadetool.

does this give us any clues?? IDK!

I then replaced all the sweetfx files, All of them. but did not remove the constantine files. I even overwrote dxgi.dll with the one from sweetfx. Loaded my game and I got no crash.

So you used the ReShade Constantine shader files but a different dxgi.dll? Do you have a downloadlink to the dxgi you used?

yes but I don't think it was actually working how I think it should have. Am I right in saying this can run independantly to sweetfx. One or the other??

heres the link I found to the sweet fx files.

http://dropcanvas.com/l46x9

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

I've come to the conclusion myself it doesn't work on my pc and sweetfx does very well indeed, so I'm sticking with that using the true to life preset. Slight adjustment on my screenbrightness and game gamma resolution and you get the same effect you do with Reshader if you ask me. Plus its kinda to my pc!

Same problem here!

I receive this error in the dxgi.dll

03/03/2015 18:42:28,037 | INFO  | Redirecting 'CreateDXGIFactory({7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 1644108C)' ...
03/03/2015 18:42:41,309 | INFO  | Redirecting 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(00AD4740, 0, 00000000, 0, 00000000, 0, 7, 1644109C, 00AAF8A0, 00AAF89C, 164410E0, 00AAF8A4)' ...
03/03/2015 18:42:42,573 | INFO  | Redirecting 'CreateDXGIFactory1({770AAE78-F26F-4DBA-A829-253C83D1B387}, 00AAF848)' ...
03/03/2015 18:42:42,575 | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain(00AE60A0, 05B26C88, 1644109C, 00AAF8A0)' ...
03/03/2015 18:42:42,576 | WARN  | > 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain' failed with 'DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL'!
03/03/2015 18:42:42,576 | WARN  | Reference count for 'IDXGIDevice' object 05B3E150 (1) is inconsistent.

After a search through the web I have found people with a similar problem but no solution. I am using Win 7, i7 860OC and a 7870 OC.

The tweaked bokeh DOF is too beautiful to pass!

Because reshade is in beta, some people will get crashes. Possible solutions:

1) Uninstalling GeForce Experience in on Nvidia (sometimes this causes Dxgi issues, obviously not a permanent solution)

2) Using updated reshade dxgi, available at http://reshade.me/#download - RENAME THE Reshade32/reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll (depending on if you run the game in 64 or 32 bit) - OR use reshade 0.14 - google for a DL link

3) Using the combined sweetfx version of reshade (same url as above)

4) Ensure updated drivers

5) Post on the Reshade forums and cross your fingers for Crosire finding and fixing your problem. Make sure to include all your stats! This isn't my baby so alas I can't help too much :(

Hey, thanks for the response, but you didn't answer my first question: does in-game bloom work together with ReShade's bloom, or do we need to turn it off? I've found that in some situations the sky looks almost white, might have to do with the combined force of the 2 bloom effects :cool:

Use ingame bloom to your liking, there won't be any glitches but it may get too "bloomy". In-game DOF should be off though, otherwise you get weirdness.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Oh regarding performance, DOF is the main offender.

Here are Constantine's settings with no DOF

https://mega.co.nz/#F!PdZHEKoK!1E4JO6-BDuY5GrI5CI9EYw

OR you can edit any settings you currently have to not use DOF (or any other effect for that matter), by opening reshade.fx with notepad++ and editing any DOF lines (circled in red) to have a 0 afterwards instead of a 1.

http://i.imgur.com/rWIEB6v.jpg (483 kB)

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

One final hurrah that may work for you, if any other program is hogging DXGI

You can inject reshade into the game using Boris' ENB INJECTOR. Once again, drop all files into your game's base folder - DELETE ANY DXGI/D3D9 files BEFORE MOVING IT. I've done all the exe detection automatically, it may not be detected if run from A3 launcher, playwithsix etc, but it will be detected when run from Arma3sync for sure. I'm not that sure how this injector works, TBH this is even more likely to be detected as a hack so definitely don't use this online.

This is, heck, even less likely to work. The plus side is it should run with VorpX (for Oculus Rift!!!) and Fraps. It works for me, and I don't have any other PCs

Link here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!PVAyAAQK!pNWcbSfc-lCpD9KkRb_VnA

Oh regarding performance, DOF is the main offender.

It have to be something else at least in my case (i7-3770 (3.40 GHz);16GB RAM; GeForce GTX 650 Ti (1GB);Win7 64-bit).

Used Notepad++ to disable DOF - not even single FPS gained. Then ran complete test - was disabling one feature at a time, different each try, each time started the game anew of course. No matter, which I disabled - always FPS was same, poor 20-30, where 60 should be/was without with vSync enabled. So then I disabled everything at a time. And... same. 20-30 FPS. The problem/bottleneck is hidden somewhere else.

It have to be something else at least in my case (i7-3770 (3.40 GHz);16GB RAM; GeForce GTX 650 Ti (1GB);Win7 64-bit).

Used Notepad++ to disable DOF - not even single FPS gained. Then ran complete test - was disabling one feature at a time, different each try, each time started the game anew of course. No matter, which I disabled - always FPS was same, poor 20-30, where 60 should be/was without with vSync enabled. So then I disabled everything at a time. And... same. 20-30 FPS. The problem/bottleneck is hidden somewhere else.

Wow! That is *very* odd, I don't get low FPS so I have no way to test this :(

FPS without; 65

FPS with; 30

I'll take performance over quality

Edited by Smoshi

SMD Saharani looks absolutely stunning with this effect. Like mind numbingly.

I wonder why is the preset using an old version of Reshade. Is there a particular reason? The latest versions include quite a bit of fixes and improvements.

Edited by FrankHH

Have you guys made sure there isn't a SweetFX folder inside the Arma 3 directory? Maybe it's the cause, maybe not. Also try verifying your game files.

I thought it needed the sweetfx folder as well. The website mentions that reshade doesn't actually contain any shaders and that you need to add them, which I assumed was what the SFX folder was for.

I thought it needed the sweetfx folder as well. The website mentions that reshade doesn't actually contain any shaders and that you need to add them, which I assumed was what the SFX folder was for.

Depends on which version of reshade and/or sweetfx you're using.

By the way these settings will work with any version of reshade, though originally made on an older version you can download the newer dxgi libraries etc. The reshade.fx file hasn't changed significantly in the implementation of the effects.

If you enjoy it take some screenshots!

0.15 doesn't seem to be compatible with the Reshade.fx file. All I get is a blurry unreadable mess. Maybe it's just a singular value that needs tweaking, who knows.

Edit: found out that the version of MER used is not compatible with 0.15, luckily the authour has posted a fix: http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-mastereffect/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread#381

Edited by FrankHH

It would seem that with this update of arma, it's now broken

Edited by docb58

It would seem that with this update of arma, it's now broken

Not broken, the new BattlEye just doesn't allow the loading of the reshade dll.

Would be interesting what version is better http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191556-Real-Light-V5-ReShade-Preset

@FrankHH

So its impossible to use it in mp? Or is there any fix?

@Smoshi

Solano´s reshade version have only a little peformance hit. Roughly 2% with my R9 290.

Edited by JumpingHubert

FPS without; 65

FPS with; 30

That's surprising, given Arma is always so CPU-bound I'd have thought there was loads of GPU headroom for this sort of thing.

That's surprising, given Arma is always so CPU-bound I'd have thought there was loads of GPU headroom for this sort of thing.

He has probably seen the FPS from the main menu. Performance is going to be pretty much the same in actual gameplay.

Copy and paste is a good thing: "Solano´s reshade version have only a little peformance hit. Roughly 2% with my R9 290."

Well he didn't give any specs and information about in-game and app settings. Even with GTX 970 there isn't actually that much room if you go for full settings and add many things with the reshade. At least that was my experience with SweetFX. Some AA stuff can really eat the GPU quickly when you add it with SweetFX or similar.

Posting over testing lol

solano´s reshade

empty start screen: 170fps vs 190fps

empty stratis map in pine tree forest: 75 vs 76fps