voiper

Simple Mine System - A Fix for A3 Mines & Explosives

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just wanted to chime back in quick. Tested new version. All is working great.

No conflicts with my projects. Tweaked scripts a tad to allow up to an hour for

the timers. And up to 1km for the radio/clacker signal. Super cool. Awesome!

Thanks again!!!

We like this a lot!

Just 1 thing we noticed from testing it, the tripwire appears to be one directional. Walking through it in one direction doesn't set it off, whereas when you go back across it, it goes off.

Just 1 thing we noticed from testing it, the tripwire appears to be one directional. Walking through it in one direction doesn't set it off, whereas when you go back across it, it goes off.

What's happening is the player is stepping over the wire. The wires check the player's limbs. The soldiers in Arma don't drag their feet on the ground, so there's always a chance they'll just step over a tripwire.

Oh OK. Do we think the chance of them missing the wire is too high then? If so, what can be done about that? Raise the wire - but then you make it more noticeable.

I think it's pretty good as is if you use it as a trip for more than one guy. Rarely is a soldier moving alone by himself, so the odds of someone tripping it increases with each person you add. I imagine they're more likely to set it off when walking, which again, most soldiers will be doing when patrolling which is generally what a tripwire used against.

Thx for the update !

I found another issue when disarming a demo charge armed with remote option:

1:53:59 Error in expression < {
_x set [0, objNull];
[_control] call vip_fnc_mines_menuRemote;
};
} forEach v>
1:53:59   Error position: <vip_fnc_mines_menuRemote;
};
} forEach v>
1:53:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: vip_fnc_mines_menuremote
1:53:59 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\vip_sms\fn\fn_cl_menuAction.sqf, line 50

EDIT:

two more issues: APERS and APERS bounding mines won't detonate. APERS only bip and bounding do nothing.

another script was bugged

Edited by XoO

Another issue: sometimes APERS bounding mines disappear when u've already placed another one

EDIT: another script was bugged

Edited by XoO

The APERS mine doesn't explode. It only beeps. It's good for doorways and whatnot where you want to know someone is coming through. It's a perimeter alarm. As for Bounding, your body has to actually touch the mine, so make sure you are.

Ok for the APERS... so we need to choose if we want some dummy APERS and APERS tripwire mines or not !!

For bounding who disappear and don't detonate it was my bad, another script was in fault

Thanks for the SMS. But now 3D wires looks too contrast from very far distances. Suggest following change in the line 29 of vip_sms\fn\fn_init.sqf:

drawLine3D [(_x select 0), (_x select 1), [0,0,0,0.75]]

replace by

if (player distance (_x select 0) < 25 || {player distance (_x select 1) < 25}) then {drawLine3D [(_x select 0), (_x select 1), [0,0,0,0.75]]};

Then wires will be visible only when player is closer than 25 m to them.

Why wouldn't you consider asking to ACE3 team to work in their team and include your work on tripwire ? ACE3 only include manual detonator trigger that isn't very usefull to create a claymore barrier in a place so you aren't taken down by back enemy. So I think you could bring a real plus to their work !

If AGM, CSE and ACE2 went together I guess there were able to find a way so everyone enjoys the final choice. Also ACE2 had tripwire that are unefortunately not seen in their last review :S

• Like 1

Hi Voiper, I have used this in some personal projects and really enjoy the dynamics it brings to missions.  I am a Lead Admin in a Gaming Community, currently we are running some Exile servers.  I would really like some help adding this to Exile, for some reason I can not get it to work correctly. I am stumped and think that your work would really bring a fantastic dynamic to the servers! I would really appreciate your help for a solution. 

Why wouldn't you consider asking to ACE3 team to work in their team and include your work on tripwire ? ACE3 only include manual detonator trigger that isn't very usefull to create a claymore barrier in a place so you aren't taken down by back enemy. So I think you could bring a real plus to their work !

If AGM, CSE and ACE2 went together I guess there were able to find a way so everyone enjoys the final choice. Also ACE2 had tripwire that are unefortunately not seen in their last review :S

Like GOS admited, could you take any work to contribute to the ACE 3 on github?