toadball

Altis Forces Rearmed - Releases

wow, those vehicles look really well done! im really looking forward to the next release. Is there any chance youre working on getting the mod totally zeus-compatible? there are a few things that still cant be placed

Please list any ALFR content available in the editor that is not available through zeus.

Will address that with the next update, which may be a bit delayed a bit longer than my initial estimate.

In the arsenal it lists an extra "AFCU25-SOF [TAN/AFPAT-A]" that is actually a BLK/AFPAT-A and needs to be renamed.

Excellent mod! I'm not much of a mission maker so it's hard for me to create something awesome with your units. I might do some editing of existing missions/scenarios to see the units, but it'll be for my own enjoyment.

Issues above addressed and fixed files will be in the next update.

Also spotted a couple of small silent errors that will be getting dealt with as well.

5e9BPWem.pngeDWlANHm.pngj9PH4IJm.png

852Pc6Hm.pngfuOVtlpm.png

v1.4

Added: Landrover variants: Light Utility Vehicle, Light Patrol Vehicle, Medical Evacuation Vehicle

Found in editor under: AAF (1Bn) -> Cars / Empty - Cars

Added: New weapon reload animations for Mk 21s with UGLs

Tweaked: Mk 13 ammunition flight characteristics

Tweaked: Mk 13 ammunition damage values

Fixed: Assorted assets were missing/unavailable in Zeus.

Download Current ALFR Release (v1.4)

Alternative Download Link (Dropbox)

Required: ASDG Joint Rails, Community Base Addons

Edited by ToadBall

Updated mod v1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ALFR Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Can you add Zeus? It`s soo handy....! And please,add this to Workshop..I like automatic updates....Btw,what about adding some vehicle wher you can deploy RBS-70 in the seating compartment? It could be a much wanted SAM system untill others catch up.

More sam systems if I`m gonna ask for something...it looks cool!

Really like the idea of this mod, have you thought of using say Robert Hammers weapons to maybe supplement your own ones?

Really like the idea of this mod, have you thought of using say Robert Hammers weapons to maybe supplement your own ones?

To be honest, i like this pack as it is as there is only one dependency been CBA. Which most people have anyway :)

To be honest, i like this pack as it is as there is only one dependency been CBA. Which most people have anyway :)

And ASDG Joint Rails...

I was just thinking as maybe a optional config?

• Like 1

And ASDG Joint Rails...

I was just thinking as maybe a optional config?

Well that's up to the author of the addon to decide, making/creating addons is enough work already. If you desire to use Robert Hammers weapons why not write your own replacement config?

With regard to zeus: most if not all content in ALFR *should* be usable with Zeus, had a typo in the update post. Again, if you find something that's not there let me know and I'll look into it.

Individual items that are placeable in the editor and Zeus will come in due time.

Robert Hammer, and RHS (as that'd inevitably come up), both have excellent content however, I did consider incorporating one or the other but decided against it.

Optional configs are/will be typically made in response to requirements at United Operations (RHS Mag compatibility and ACRE radios) and as such a lot of other content used in the wider community won't likely be taken into account.

I'm a big proponent of mission makers using good gear scripts to achieve the setups they want, rather than relying on an assortment of addons to achieve the same result but with a greater overhead.

However, as I've said in the past, I am not opposed to people making external configs to work with the mod.

Plans for the immediate-ish future.

I'll be abroad for the next couple of weeks so nothing will be happening with ALFR for at least that long.

That being said, current plans for when I'm back in bullet point format are:

• Complete an initial replacement addon for vanilla units.
  • Warrior Port / Upgrade:

Not happy with mismatched part colouring as a result of proxies on current A3 vehicles.

Will be armed with 40CTAS and include both standard variant and variant with addon armour.

Would have liked to do a completely new vehicle (specifically Kaplan-20) but in lieu of a body capable of decent 3D and 2D work what's a guy to do.

• Continued work on buzzard.
  • Likely to be moving towards further integration of ACE3 features, particularly changing missile guidance on the RBS70 from A3 Tablock/psuedo-SACLOS to appropriate ACE3 guidance.

optional .pbo is imo best solution

Everything appears to be in Zeus. I was wondering if you had the intention to add an attack helicopter to the mod. Thanks for all your hard work!

Everything appears to be in Zeus. I was wondering if you had the intention to add an attack helicopter to the mod. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm not affiliated with the mod team, but I suspect the answer would be that a small self-defense/counter insurgency force of less than a thousand wouldn't have the need, or more importantly have the budget to maintain, a fleet of dedicated attack choppers.

Edited by War_lord

Well, I am back and somewhat back on top of things.

I aim to have an update with an initial replacement pack ready in 1 or 2 weeks time.

WRT attack helos, not likely, nor planned at the moment.

• Like 1

this addon looks amazing! I need to download this, very nice job indeed ToadBall!!

dude could you camouflage only land rover defender, hmg and the covered version with the orijinal mode of aaf's ?

Apologies for the lack of updates.
Shortest answer as to why: I've been lacking any motivation to work on ArmA stuff of late.

That being said, managed to kick my ass back into gear so I've been working on some of the stuff I said I'd get around to.

I will be putting out an update in the next week or so (for real this time!) including a rudimentary replacement for bits of kit on the vanilla AAF units that I feel will not break how the vanilla missions, or other missions that use the stock units play. This unfortunately won't see as much testing as my other stuff (this was the first time I've opened up that ArmA 3 campaign since installing the Alpha release), I'll fix stuff as it's reported but hopefully that shouldn't be a lot.

The replacement will not replace any of the vehicles other than aesthetically for the reason mentioned above and will only be for the woodland units.

A side from that we'll have some script improvements to the RBS-70's sensor, changes to the Mk21s with UGLs to use the new animation source for UGLs, and compatibility with ACE magazines.

I'm currently weighing making ACE a requirement as a lot of stuff I'd like to do down the line will be dependant upon building on what's available in ACE rather than reinvent the wheel. Nothing decided as of yet, thoughts are welcome on this as I know not everyone uses it.

dude could you camouflage only land rover defender, hmg and the covered version with the orijinal mode of aaf's ?

In short, nope. Not a fan of the digital pattern on the vehicles and the only reason I've not reskinned the others is lack of time and ability, my photoshop/gimp stuff is all in photography and not texturing I'm afraid.
  • Like 1

Apologies for the lack of updates.

Shortest answer as to why: I've been lacking any motivation to work on ArmA stuff of late.

That being said, managed to kick my ass back into gear so I've been working on some of the stuff I said I'd get around to.

I will be putting out an update in the next week or so (for real this time!) including a rudimentary replacement for bits of kit on the vanilla AAF units that I feel will not break how the vanilla missions, or other missions that use the stock units play. This unfortunately won't see as much testing as my other stuff (this was the first time I've opened up that ArmA 3 campaign since installing the Alpha release), I'll fix stuff as it's reported but hopefully that shouldn't be a lot.

The replacement will not replace any of the vehicles other than aesthetically for the reason mentioned above and will only be for the woodland units.

A side from that we'll have some script improvements to the RBS-70's sensor, changes to the Mk21s with UGLs to use the new animation source for UGLs, and compatibility with ACE magazines.

I'm currently weighing making ACE a requirement as a lot of stuff I'd like to do down the line will be dependant upon building on what's available in ACE rather than reinvent the wheel. Nothing decided as of yet, thoughts are welcome on this as I know not everyone uses it.

No need to apologise, take your time. Addon making is something that can't be rushed.

With regards to ACE, i would prefer that you don't make it a requirement, an optional config would be better.

No need to apologise, take your time. Addon making is something that can't be rushed.

With regards to ACE, i would prefer that you don't make it a requirement, an optional config would be better.

good to see the replacer :)    i agree with roadkill if you want ace in the addon then please make it a option as i my self would love this replacer in my game but i don't use ACE myself 

I love this mod, do you plan on getting rid of all the vanilla AAF vehicle camo's , the digital camo on vehicles never seemed practical to me.