toadball

Altis Forces Rearmed - Releases

I will look into it for a future update, unfortunately ALIVE is not something I use so I have not looked into compatibility until now.

Immediate priority has been getting the weapons updated to a point I am happy with them for the DLC release.

kPq19swl.jpg

qVUg3igl.jpg

6NlNBgLl.jpg

Great looking screenshots :)

ToadBall, all you need for ALiVE capability is that you have predefined factions (I can't remember how you've laid it out in the groups) and groups under the normal config names ie, Infantry, Mechanized, Armored and so on. I think you've already done groups so in theory, it may be good to go for ALiVE.

I will take a look and report back on success or failure.

Edit: From what I can tell, just needs a few tweaks to the group Class to the default names - should be easy enough to do. Do like the mod by the way, like the British feel to the ORBAT.

Edited by ParsonsVCB

Praise. I have been meaning to make this post for some time.

This is one of my favourite mods. While I haven't had the opportunity to develop any missions for it, I greatly appreciate the quality of the work, alongside the consistently applied scope of the mod. Not too big, not too small. Simply an excellent addon which extends the gameplay of Arma3 in small but effective ways.

If I had but one complaint, it would be the sounds for the machineguns are a little too similar.

Good job!

Ken

As promised, with the Marksman DLC release we have an update for a lot of things (and of course, stuff) in the mod.

The most notable additions are the new AFPAT - Arid (AFPAT-A) units and gear texturred by Deathstrike, and the fist new asset, the RBS-70.

P8oph0um.pngZUNzrS1m.png

The RBS-70 is a port of the BIS ACR DLC* model and can be dismantled and reassembled in game as one would expect.

In an effort to better show the system's capabilities we have put together a proximity fuse for the missile that has a 30m range and 60° FOV. This has however also added a dependency on CBA to the mod for their Per Frame Handler.

v1.2

Added: 1 Bn. & Pathfinder Coy. Arid Units.

Added: 1 Bn. & Pathfinder Coy. Arid Groups.

Added: Arid uniforms, vests, and headgear (see class-list file).

Changed: Mk 21 (tb_arifle_mk21) Compatible with bipdos.

Changed: Mk 22: Compatible with bipods, Compatible with Marksman DLC .338 supressors.

Changed: Mk 23/24: Integrated bipod animated and deployable using Marksman DLC deployment feature.

Changed: Mk 25: Compatible with bipods.

Changed: Added support for new Arid units to tb_alfr_acre.pbo

Changed: Group configs should be better compatible with ALIVE (Have not been able to conduct in depth testing, feedback appreciated)

Added: RBS70 static SAM. Can be dismantled and deployed, found in the editor under AAF > AAF (1Bn) > Static > RBS-70.

The RBS-70 uses a proximity fuse with a 30m range and 60° FOV on either side of the missile. Can currently be "tab locked" or manually guided to closer / slower targets

Added: CBA dependency (RBS70 Proximity fuse script uses CBA Per Frame Handler)

Download Current ALFR Release (v1.2)

Required: ASDG Joint Rails, Community Base Addons

*Love me some TLAs.

Great job on the update, will we be seeing any vehicles?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great job on the update, will we be seeing any vehicles?

At the risk of using the overdone: Soonâ„¢ .

Work has been unseasonably busy and I've been cramming for some qualification assessments so work on the landies at least got pushed aside as I haven't had the time to sit down and wrap my head around the newer features in the engine.

This also has had a knock on effect on the aircraft, a version has been tested at unitedoperations however the config revamp I was looking to do before a public release has also been delayed.

I have another land vehicle in the works that unfortunately requires somebody with better modeling and texturing skills than I to complete however, once we make more head way with that I'll post up some screenshots.

Awesome update ToadBall, downloading now! Can't wait to try it out when I get home from work.

At the risk of using the overdone: Soonâ„¢ .

Work has been unseasonably busy and I've been cramming for some qualification assessments so work on the landies at least got pushed aside as I haven't had the time to sit down and wrap my head around the newer features in the engine.

This also has had a knock on effect on the aircraft, a version has been tested at unitedoperations however the config revamp I was looking to do before a public release has also been delayed.

I have another land vehicle in the works that unfortunately requires somebody with better modeling and texturing skills than I to complete however, once we make more head way with that I'll post up some screenshots.

No rush on the vehicles, i can certainly appreciate that add-on making takes up spare time. And that some times other things take priority.

Made some fairly decent progress on the aircraft, so I hope to have an early release of those either the end of this week/middle of next week. New textures for the chinook are planned.

Obligatory screenshots:

ZT369uym.png

BukD7Vnm.jpg

Also, a much belated thank you to kecharles28 and Foxhound for the mirrors.

Been enjoying your mod. Between this, TheEvanCat's CSAT mod, and the new Marksmen DLC, I've been going back and replaying a lot previous content just because of the changes in the overall look and feel.

KUTGW. (To repeat someone else's entreaty, this thing cries out for a replacement config.)

d85ZO2mm.pngxuN1nKOm.pngl31bKfHm.png

BukD7Vnm.jpgwAzV3B1m.jpgPyToztDm.jpg

v1.3

Added: Chinook HC.3 (tb_alfr_hc3) - Currently only unarmed variant, armed variant to be added at later date.

Added: Buzzard GR.1 variants in CAS role/s.

Fixed: Bad backpack definition in tb_alfr_ACRE.pbo

Changed: Various recoil values.

Known Issues:

-Inconsistent rotorwash effect behaviour.

Download Current ALFR Release (v1.3)

Required: ASDG Joint Rails, Community Base Addons

Edited by ToadBall

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great looking mod. It finally brings a realistic independent AAF faction to the game. On the flipside of a westernised AAF faction, I'd love to see an 'easternised' Opfor AAF version, maybe using HLC AK's and other Russian gear / vehicles. They'd be a decent opponent for Nato forces.

Hey, the new jet doesn't appear in zeus, just a heads up.

Thanks for pointing it out, will be fixed in the next update: *very* rough estimate 2-3 weeks away.

Great looking mod. It finally brings a realistic independent AAF faction to the game. On the flipside of a westernised AAF faction, I'd love to see an 'easternised' Opfor AAF version, maybe using HLC AK's and other Russian gear / vehicles. They'd be a decent opponent for Nato forces.

Glad you like it however, eastern block kit is not in the cards for ALFR/currently out of the scope of what we are looking to do.

There are better mods that have a greater interest/passion for eastern block kit than I have, so I'll leave it to them.

Mixing and matching kit can be done easily by mission makers or if necessary by external unit/vehicle configs.

Great mod, love the quality it adds some more depth to the Altian forces. Any reason the PWS version is only a few MB and doesn't actually include the mod?

Thanks for the update, as FYI to those using PWS this was to address the file size issue reported above.

The archives, and the files therein, hosted by Armaholic and withSix are functionally identical except for the label on their respective sites.

Sorry for any confusion.

Planned content from upcoming update:

5e9BPWem.pngeDWlANHm.png

852Pc6Hm.pngfuOVtlpm.png

Will be adding 3 landrover variants: A general utility/transport one, WMIK with HMG, and Ambulance.