Sign in to follow this  
j_murphy

What are the server requirements for Arma 3 ?

Hi, I am looking to build my own dedicated server to run an Arma 3 server and a Teamspeak 3 server. I have searched around but I cannot find anything. I know that Arma 3 is very CPU dependent but I am clueless on how much RAM I need. Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: A good quadcore CPU is enough, maybe more cores if you want to use a headless client.

RAM: 4gb should be good.

How many players do you expect?

It all really depends on what mods you run, Wasteland uses just over 2.5GB but Epoch is using 4GB plus it has Redis database that also has 2GB assigned to it.

It is for a milsim unit me and my friends are creating so I expect not more than 50 slots needed for the next 9 months.

I am not going to be running the server with more than 10GB of mods.

Thx for the advice. I will probably go with 8gb RAM just to be safe.

Are there any recommendations for bandwith? Especially for upload, will 6mb be enough for 10 players?

Edited by ChrisB76

Are there any recommendations for bandwith? Especially for upload, will 6mb be enough for 10 players?

Try 0.1 mb per player is about the average mission

Hey,im new here so go easy on me:)

I thought i would post this here as the thread title seems to be appropriate.

I have a question im hoping someone could take the time to answer for me.

My main PC is:

i5 3570K at 4.3GHz

8GB of 1600Mhz ram

GTX 970

Currently for MP im hosting locally,and as you can probably guess after a mission is active awhile the PC starts to really slow down and low fps/fps drops are fairly common once there are a lot of AI spawned. The game is also running at 1440p so i would love to get a server running on a small dedicated box.

So to keep the cost with in reason the spec i am looking at is:

Haswell i3 4160 at 3.6GHz

8GB 1600MHz ram

SSD for storage

Broadband speed: 100MB/s DL and 10MB/s UL

Player Cap:10

As an example of the missions types i would be looking to run ill name a few: DUWS,Escape from Altis and maybe Invade and Annex if it were possible on the above hardware.

I plan to cap the amount of players at 10 as its only really for myself and a few friends. Would that be low enough?

I will only be looking to run one server instance at a time so all the resources bar the OS needs should be available to the server,ill be running windows server 2012 R2 most likely.

So basically im just wondering if more experienced people think this setup will be strong enough to run a server as described above and if it is not,what sort of setup would be optimal?

If your upload matches that 10 already there isn't a point in it: start your own dedicated server and set the affinity to two cores arma 3 isn't using

Hey jetfox,thanks for answering.

So bandwith would be the limiting factor for the server if i built it?

So if i use TADST and the setup options in the dedicated tutorial thread and set the cpu core affinity i should see an improvement in the fps of server and client even though there both hosted on the same machine?

Try 0.1 mb per player is about the average mission

Thank you very much!