Sign in to follow this  
mr. Duck

Look what i found

Thank you Lt.Jimbo! I thought i was going insane there. Right, I told you it looked too small and I didnt mean anything but that in my intial post. Im not an expert on americain weapons but thats a LMG right? so why is it only a tiny but longer than the guys head? why is the trigger guard (only just visible) clearly not large enough to put a single finger through, the same with the carrying handle. It may be a compact weapon but id have thought there would be base limitations on the size of the weapon. i dont see how noone else noticed. Well anyway thanks for telling me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Oct. 03 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt. Jimbo @ Oct. 03 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Oct. 01 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks like they snatched the model and textures from Ghost Recon : Desert Siege

The model looks all... F..... up<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, sorry...we didn't. The textures were made by MethodMan, and model was made by Cpt. Moore, and BIS (original models)  biggrin.gif . So how can the models be f*** up? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

http://codeblue.unitedgaming.net/images/screenshots/df4_l.jpg

Look at him - Looks like his in a fatsuit...! and the textures doesnt fit the model. - And the textures look almost exactly like the GR: DS Rifleman, except the legs looks like they are taken from the Support<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm...I don't see you making any better addons!

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

And those units aren't even from GR. We don't plagerize!

If you don't like us, then why not f*** off!

-Lt. Jimbo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Oct. 03 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|USMC|BlackDeath @ Oct. 03 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the soldiers rocks now about this quakers m249 the textures are farked man look totally unreal to the one i have fired.

-BlackDeath<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that the textures looked fairly realistic on Quakergamer's m249 except for the front handguard which looks very unrealistic.  Other then that it looks good to me.

Plus it's not a biggie as there are tons of different modifications that have been done to the M249 with different types of handguards, pistol grips, sites, ect...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean by front handguard. Also sorry Lt> Jimbo if ive posted in the thread about ur mod but I dont want to make a new thread just to show a new weapon :/.

sorry again, wont do it again

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ Oct. 04 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Oct. 03 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|USMC|BlackDeath @ Oct. 03 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the soldiers rocks now about this quakers m249 the textures are farked man look totally unreal to the one i have fired.

-BlackDeath<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that the textures looked fairly realistic on Quakergamer's m249 except for the front handguard which looks very unrealistic.  Other then that it looks good to me.

Plus it's not a biggie as there are tons of different modifications that have been done to the M249 with different types of handguards, pistol grips, sites, ect...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean by  front handguard. Also sorry Lt> Jimbo if ive posted in the thread about ur mod but I dont want to make a new thread just to show a new weapon :/.

sorry again, wont do it again<span id='postcolor'>

By front hand guard I mean that plastic part below the barrel that the left hand supports while carrying the weapon (if the gunner is right-handed). On yours it has a checkered sort of texture while on the real thing normally it's just a slightly grooved piece of black plastic.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Oct. 03 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Look at him - Looks like his in a fatsuit...! and the textures doesnt fit the model. - And the textures look almost exactly like the GR: DS Rifleman, except the legs looks like they are taken from the Support<span id='postcolor'>

The problem is not with the M249 model. It is not too small. The problem is with the unit model which is based off of Capt.Moore's earlier FBI SWAT team unit (which is made in Oxygen).

To be fair however in real life U.S. Army uniforms (especially desert uniforms) are VERY baggy and when you carry all the gear you do indeed look like you're wearing a "fat suit".

However in the model the gloved hands are WAY too big.

You'll see the same problem with the FBI SWAT addon. Worse, the weapon floats above the left hand which annoyed me to no end. sad.gif Also on this new addon, the face looks a little wierd I'm guess because it's not using the BIS face models or heads.

Hopefully Capt. Moore will fix those problems.

But they're a good start. It would be nice to see some pics of their M249 on regular BIS made OFP units where I would be willing to bet that it will look perfectly normal.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I would have to agree with CF that the texture looks somewhat like it came from Desert Siege. I like the M249 though. v nice. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abuu @ Oct. 04 2002,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would have to agree with CF that the texture looks somewhat like it came from Desert Siege. I like the M249 though. v nice. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well there is not doubt they came from Desert Seige, but I'd rather see him use those textures than see him try to make his own and have them possibly look horrible. I've yet to see one good set of user made uniforms that don't look flat and unrealistic or if they do look decent on that count, the seams on the poly's never line up... so I think he made a wise choice using those textures. I've used their skins for my "Ghost Recon units in OFP" addon, and they looked great.

I do hate the boots on that model he's using though.

Well, if he did, he shouldn't say he didn't, and should credit the original source.

Anyway, as for M249, here is a few pics of what they look like:

m249.jpg

machine_gun2.jpg

m1.jpg

Thanks Major Fubar. I stand corrected Quakergamer. Your front hand grip is realistic. The M249's that I fired in the U.S. Army was the same model as the one in the top picture with the red background that Major Fubar posted. That is the model I am most familiar with. Notice the handguard below the barrel. That's what I was talking about, but I didn't know that the paratrooper models had different hand guards. Interesting.

Anyhoo... Quakergamer I hope to see your M249 soon and same with the Code Blue MOD M249s. I think they both look good.

Thanks again for posting those pics Major Fubar!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 04 2002,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, if he did, he shouldn't say he didn't, and should credit the original source.

Anyway, as for M249, here is a few pics of what they look like:

m249.jpg

machine_gun2.jpg

m1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Ok sorry for messing you up, but I didn't create those skins so I wouldn't know. I'm preety sure it isn't, but I'll ask the creator - just to make sure. biggrin.gif

-Jimbo