Sign in to follow this  
Schmucke

Limited Revives

Hi to all.... So I really need help on this. I have used different revive systems in my MP mission, BTC, Norrins, Farrooq but in none of them I can find a way to limit the amount of revives per player. Lets say I want to create my MP mission and I want for every player to be able to be revived only two times, after they fall the third time they can not be revives any more. This is with the intention of more careful gameplay and avoid rambo players who dont care about dying because they know they can be revived multiple times. I will greatly appreciate any help given.:yay:

I know the older version of BTC offered this but not sure about the "lite" version. Look in to psycho's version. I forget about that, but I know he had a lot of parameters you could change. Farooqs is broken for MP, SRS I don't think so either. You may have to have someone more skilled then I to add some code.

The easy way would be to:

1. Insert a variable into the revive system, which is reset when the player dies (characterized by a respawn at base).

2. Add +1 to the variable each time the player is revived.

3. Add a condition check for the variable prior to allowing the player to be revived. If the +1 is > defined maximum, then the player gets respawned immediately without revive opportunity.

1. When the player respawns AT BASE (not revived), and when the player initially enters the game.

player setVariable ['QS_revives_available',2,FALSE];

2. Upon revive

_currentCount = player getVariable 'QS_revives_available';
_nextCount = _currentCount - 1;
player setVariable ['QS_revives_available',_nextCount,FALSE];

3. Prior to being revivable.

if ((player getVariable 'QS_revives_available') isEqualTo 0) exitWith {};

-----

Where you plug that stuff in, depends on the revive system you're using.

Wow thanks for answering so fast but I forgot to say Im really new on scripting and I'm pretty lost with your reply. Where do I have to put what you just sent me MDCCLXXVI ? Description.ext ? Is it ok if I PM you so you can help me? Thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad english

Look in to psycho's version.

+1 this has limited revives

OK I see that revive system the A3 wounding system but what do I change lets say to limit the amount of revives per person to 2?

I took a quick look but don't see any option for that :p I guess I wasn't remembering properly lol. Maybe check out BTC Revive

The thing with the BTC is that players loose their weapons with wich they died. Farroook saves the weapon I have when I died if I use a a savegear script. Im running in circles, can't believe I have not been able to find a way to limit revive per players

OK so I downloaded the Norrin revive for arma3, it says that there is a way to limit the amount of revives, but Im not sure how to do it. If someone else uses the norrin revive or can give it a check and help me I will be very thankful.