Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen Community Challenge

Then again CSAT does have Israeli machineguns lol that above any addition is the craziest and most unrealistic thing about arma 3.

The day Iran uses anything Israeli made is the day pigs fly.

Yea 7.62x51 mg 5 given to greenforce would make sense meanwhile a future PKM variant in brenneke would make sense.

So flying pigs are around for more than 20 years and we had no idea ? in the 80's Israel did support Iran, so yeah Iran did use Israeli made weapons.

And yeah, too bad they didnt include any bolt action rifle :\

Also disappointed no bolt action rifles - hoped we'd get a decent hunting rifle for the civis.... (you know the men in the polo-shirts and shorts;-))

Kind of hoped for PKM upgrade (maybe the bullpup or type II light version) ....ah well guess we just have to see how they play......

Also disappointed no bolt action rifles - hoped we'd get a decent hunting rifle for the civis.... (you know the men in the polo-shirts and shorts;-))

Maybe in 2035 some countries have realized that semi autos actually can be used for hunting. Haven't US hunters used them for a long time?

Mk14 looks like reasonable hunting rifle too me, although I realize most european countries would not allow it in present time.

Ah, so we've made it!

Interesting guns, yet the choice is a bit questionable. I agree on that bolt action thingy, I miss the good old hunting rifle from A2. Was a great and immersive weapon for armed civies. Would make a great combo with the vanilla revolver or the dated 1911. That NATO finally gets a decent MG is great, since the MX LMG version feels a bit underpowered compared to the rather heavy CSAT counterpart and the AAF LMG which at least offers a good capacity. However, I don't quite see the point in heaving another CSAT LMG which the Navid is obviously supposed to be. Plus, according to the artwork, it would be the only weapon painted in hex camo while the rest of the CSAT weaponry is plain black (aside from the Rahim). The Mk14 seems a bit off compared to the other modern guns, and it has been covered in several community mods already. Can't say much about the rest, looks all pretty similar to me. Since we're only talking about artworks they'll probably look different in the actual game.

Anyway, I'm happy over any new vanilla pew-pew.^^

Maybe in 2035 some countries have realized that semi autos actually can be used for hunting. Haven't US hunters used them for a long time?

Mk14 looks like reasonable hunting rifle too me, although I realize most european countries would not allow it in present time.

I can only talk for germany here but if you got a hunting license you are allowed to shoot semi-automatic as long as your mag can carry a max. of 2 Bullets which means 2+1 Bullets in the rifle but that´s another topic...

judging by the silhouette 4 for NATO 2 for CSAT and 1 for AAF or FIA...i hope the mk14 is for FIA/Civilian not AAF..

Mk14 :391:

Hopefully for FIA. They need their own weapons.

I´m pretty sure it´s going to be AAF though...

I can only talk for germany here but if you got a hunting license you are allowed to shoot semi-automatic as long as your mag can carry a max. of 2 Bullets which means 2+1 Bullets in the rifle but that´s another topic...

Similar in Slovenia, another European country.

It's looks weird DLC marksmen yet no bolt action rifle.If we take off Marksmen title off, rifles don't

look "dedicated sniper" platforms :D Well I was bit hoping that we could get animation improvement

to cycling bolt to replace really old animate parts via configs and matching them to animation.

Maybe I confused Marksmen with Sniper so hang tight for Sniper DLC with bolt action rifles.

But I'm still excited for new rifles.

Edited by enex

I´m pretty sure it´s going to be AAF though...

Yup , most likely it will replace the Mk18 ABR in AAF with Mk14 but that doesn't mean the FIA will not use the Mk14 too

Some common civilian firearms would have been good for simulating reality, though I suppose I do understand the desire to expand on military firearms as best bang for buck in the DLC.

Maybe I confused Marksmen with Sniper so hang tight for Sniper DLC with bolt action rifles.

But I'm still excited for new rifles.

I sure hope not.

Even before these new weapons the precision rifle area of the game was not lacking, with these new weapons its more than complete although of course lacking bolt actions , and with the prospect of a new dlc even more sniper rifles would be too much.

There are countless other areas of the game where content is severely lacking and would be better served with more attention.

I sure hope not.

Even before these new weapons the precision rifle area of the game was not lacking, with these new weapons its more than complete although of course lacking bolt actions , and with the prospect of a new dlc even more sniper rifles would be too much.

There are countless other areas of the game where content is severely lacking and would be better served with more attention.

Yes, I think so too, however a proper bolt action is a must have in my opinion. However I don´t think that would necessarily mean that they have to make another model. It would be enough to add animations to the M200 so modders have a proper resource.

Yes, I think so too, however a proper bolt action is a must have in my opinion. However I don´t think that would necessarily mean that they have to make another model. It would be enough to add animations to the M200 so modders have a proper resource.

I would have loved if they went all out on bolt actions in this DLC gave us not only bolt animations but adopted the manual bolting mechanic from Red Orchestra.

I would have loved if they went all out on bolt actions in this DLC gave us not only bolt animations but adopted the manual bolting mechanic from Red Orchestra.

I think the amount of semi-auto sniping rifles is just an overkill while the could have implemented 1 or 2 bolt actions instead of 1 or 2 semi-autos. I also think RO 2 way of manual bolting would be very nice btw.

Despite the excess of "no bolt-action rifles" comments as well as implying that the ArmA universe is non-fictional and therefore needs to conform to weapons that are used by actual militaries in real life, at least people are being tame about their wording instead of going for a moderator punishment. Can't wait to get my hands on that EMR. MAR-10 looks sick as hell too.

Love the new weapons and can see there's a lot of work gone into them! But I must admit, would have loved to have seen a bolt action rifle! The MK14 is nice and vintage though - love it!

I am honestly a bit disappointed by the pictures so far. We've got a somewhat blown up MXM and an incredibly blown up AAC Honeybadger. I am also not sure what to think about the MG designated for .338 (Yes, I know of the LWMMG). So far there is nothing in there I would consider using over any mod.

I was also hoping for a more down to earth approach. I liked the M200 in the game since it's futuristic but does exist, so I was hoping for something along the lines of a "year 2035 L115" which already is a series of "future weapons" that is very likely to still being used in 20 years (look at the M40).

But admittedly the models and everything look good and I don't like the ArmA3 setting at all, so take my feedback with a pinch of salt, please.

They will most likely be good additions to the base game and my opinion about the base game should not dilute the fact that these look very well made.

Edited by stoffl

Yup , most likely it will replace the Mk18 ABR in AAF with Mk14 but that doesn't mean the FIA will not use the Mk14 too

I think what's going to happen is since it's DLC, any given faction cannot actually be given one of the the new weapons as a replacement. Rather, i sense it's going to be something along the lines of...

NATO

-FIA

--Men

---Designated Marksman

---Designated Marksman (Mk-1 EMR) [insert DLC Icon Here]

So what ever weapon they have, should stay, unless they are given a new, NON-DLC weapon, in which it wouldn't prevent someone from using that particular asset say, in a mission, there as to no break Singleplayer or Multiplayer for Non-DLC owners.

That's most likely how it will be handled however I wonder if that means we're less likely to potentially see those units to start with in user scenarios?

Although I'm sure some clever clogs could script a solution where:

If (class = o_marksman_f) AND (player marksmanDLCowned = true) THEN

player addprimaryweapon "new_gun_hexcamo_is_splendid";

player addmagazine ["allthebullets", 8);

This would allow vanilla users to maintain the current marksman loadouts while equiping the new DLC users with their lovely new toys. Heck I'm sure you could even customise it so that the Marksman DLC owner could have a range of the new rifles to select from.

That's most likely how it will be handled however I wonder if that means we're less likely to potentially see those units to start with in user scenarios?

Although I'm sure some clever clogs could script a solution where:

If (class = o_marksman_f) AND (player marksmanDLCowned = true) THEN

player addprimaryweapon "new_gun_hexcamo_is_splendid";

player addmagazine ["allthebullets", 8);

This would allow vanilla users to maintain the current marksman loadouts while equiping the new DLC users with their lovely new toys. Heck I'm sure you could even customise it so that the Marksman DLC owner could have a range of the new rifles to select from.

This only really seems to make sense if BI does the "lockout" the same way did it for helicopters, by locking out the default "take" action from the action menu (a dev stated that moveInDriver working on the Huron and Taru in place of the default "get in" was intentional), but then I'm not sure how they'd deal with it for the inventory menu...

Chalk me up among those disappointed by the Mk14 when the Mk18 ABR is right there, though as has been said elsewhere the Mk14 could become a FIA weapon in a way where it could work with the lore (FIA includes former-government loyalists so FIA snipers use those while designated marksmen continue to use MRCO-equipped Mk20s, and the AAF got to have the Mk14's modern successor in the Mk18 ABR).

Cyrus has different ammo specified on same picture - 9.3x64 by text, 8.58x70 on the "ammo range". Which one is true?

Up to this morning I wasn't only completely fired up for the new game mechanics, but also the new weapons. When I saw the MG5 and the M14 this morning, my little hype bubble kinda bursted. I really liked the NATO additions, since we only have the MX series right now, whose LMG and marksman variants are rather inferior to all other weapons of that kind currently in the game, but why the heck would CSAT need another LMG along with the Zafir and the AAF (guessing from the scheme on the picture) a downgraded version of their already existing ABR? And why does CTRG get anything at all while the FIA doesn't get a new toy? This faction is almost non-existent and completely insignificant, even for the 'new' campaign and SP in general. And justifying it with 'it's for NATO, not just CTRG' doesn't really make sense too, because they got the Mk-1 now. They could have implemented way better alternatives than those three guns, like the already mentioned bolt-action rifles (AAF and CSAT will both still use the Lynx after the DLC is released), a weapon appropriate for civilians or an replacement for the - bad pun intended - Marksman system on the CSAT AA platform. Adding the M14 seems as useless to me as adding the M79 to Arrowhead, and it's also just an optimized version of A2 content, which is meh now that they don't have to grind for content anymore like they had to when they released the AAF vehicles.

Guess I've satisfied my need for whining now... but still, kinda disappointing content-wise. At least weapon resting will be neat together with the new MGs.