Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen Community Challenge

Nah mate, I was being fairly positive about it - basically I'm saying if everyone playing the game right now took 5 minutes to do the challenge, you'd be well on your way to getting 4 of the 6 artworks that are still up for grabs. And given timezones, length of individual game sessions with people logging in and out etc. the number of concurrent players probably doesn't even come close to the total number of unique players who will actually launch the game in a given 24 hour period, let alone this week. I think 4% is probably achievable if people are interested.

I mean people like me are not currently playing the game to be amongst the 28,000 ingame right now, but still I took the time to go into the shooting challenges earlier and bag those bonus targets.

Also, bear in mind that the Achievements page on steam might not update in real time like some of the other stats pages on steam. It may only show cumulative changes every 24 hours or something like that.

What's sad is that only 56.2% of people who own the game actually ever played it, if I'm correct in assuming the "This Is War" achievement triggers when you start any mission.

What's sad is that only 56.2% of people who own the game actually ever played it, if I'm correct in assuming the "This Is War" achievement triggers when you start any mission.

I believe it's for missions under scenarios.

Yep that achievemnt was kind of a shock to see that so few even have it. I bet that almost everyone has at some point tested at least one scenario.

The mission is under Challenges. If they really wanted people to know about it, they could have had a Steam Pop-up as soon as you get past the Intro screen of Arma 3 like they id other things. Kinda like, newsly updates (not to be confused with the news stream bar), that would grab people's attention immediately... Mostly because they would either have to click on it and read it, or close it to get it out of their way and continue playing. Plus don't forget, alot of people join Arma games via. 3rd Party launchers, so YES! We must share with other communities. Epoch, Xenos, CCG, Breaking Point, Share people! Share!!!

I have an idea for someone with preferably better video making experience then me. Play through the whole thing? I'm trying but even if I get all and edit-cut-render-whatever the video I have a 70kb/s upload speed. The DLC will be released by the time I can upload a watchable video!

I read a while ago that something close to 40% of all games purchased on steam are never played. And to be honest it's not that bad considering "This Is War" wasn't added until over a year after the Alpha first came out, so a fair number of people would likely have moved on to other games by that point, and most people moved on to multiplayer or the mission editor anyway.

i wonder what the % of ppl that just play life,dayz mods

or wasteland and didn't even know there was single player

i wonder what the % of ppl that just play life,dayz mods

or wasteland and didn't even know there was single player

Good question indeed.

I read a while ago that something close to 40% of all games purchased on steam are never played. And to be honest it's not that bad considering "This Is War" wasn't added until over a year after the Alpha first came out, so a fair number of people would likely have moved on to other games by that point, and most people moved on to multiplayer or the mission editor anyway.

Honestly I have lots of games I never played too: %58 to be precise. You have a good %37 percent too! It's nature of capitalism. Plus how else is Gaben going to fund Half-Life 3?

https://steamdb.info/

I don't understand how someone whould never touch Arma 3 though, all of the games I never touched are humble bundles and stuff but the cheapest Arma 3 got was 30 US dollars...

Darn, that's a tough challenge! I'm always too thrilled to shoot the rangemaster so he'll finally shut the f. up! I really need to buck up for that artwork thingy. ;)

I don't quite understand how the drill works or how the achievement gets unlocked. what are the conditions? do I have to be in competitive mode? do I have to actually get a medal? do I have to exit the mission with the green "Mission completed" tick for the achievement to be unlocked? this is so unintuitive, god damn it

how many bonus targets are there in total in the Red 1 drill? I need a reference number to at least know when I'm, failing, because the game, obviously, doesn't bother to count those...

I don't quite understand how the drill works or how the achievement gets unlocked. what are the conditions? do I have to be in competitive mode? do I have to actually get a medal? do I have to exit the mission with the green "Mission completed" tick for the achievement to be unlocked? this is so unintuitive, god damn it

how many bonus targets are there in total in the Red 1 drill? I need a reference number to at least know when I'm, failing, because the game, obviously, doesn't bother to count those...

You have to do exactly what it says, hit the bonus targets. Your time doesn't matter, and there are 7 bonus targets in COF Red.

Did my part. Let's see if we can make it.

I have Extreme doubts that we'll even see a .1 percent rise by tomorrow. Lol, that's actually a good portion of Arma players, but since this mission started this morning, it has still been at 1.3%. Maybe it should have been a little less. But I guess well just have to wait and see. I'm guessing deadline, they will be on Dev Branch.

I've gotten it completed. But I doubt most people who own ArmA really care about completing a firing drill.

aaargh i hate these time drills. but must do them....

I wonder, do you actually need to finish in time, or can you just stand there picking off at targets until they are all down?

I wonder, do you actually need to finish in time, or can you just stand there picking off at targets until they are all down?

i tried and got a fail for that mission.

Well I did it yesterday (slow time - no medal) and stats only updated today...... still at 1.3% overall.......... suspect we're not seeing much artwork guys;-)

I had forgotten how annoying "Tooo sloow.." instructor was!

I had forgotten how annoying "Tooo sloow.." instructor was!

He's a godsend compared to the "SHIT YOU MISSED!" rangemaster on the Khe Sanh. :D

He's a godsend compared to the "SHIT YOU MISSED!" rangemaster on the Khe Sanh. :D

Now I'd REALLY forgotten about that!;-)

You can take all the time you need, to take down those bonus targests, if that's what you asked for.

aaargh i hate these time drills. but must do them....

I feel you :D