hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

Hello, Just wondering if anyone would know why I am unable to load this mission in the editor? I have placed it in both the mission folders but when I click open in the editor it doesn't show anything being in either of those folders.

i am assuming you put the mission in your 

C:\Users\"Name"\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\"Profile Name"\mpmissions

directory?

as well, when you download it from here or armaholic it comes down as a .pbo file. you won't be able to edit it until you use some kind of .pbo handling extension to expand it from a .pbo into a directory. i use PBO Manager which integrates into the windows shell and is accessible through right click and file explorer options; 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

pbo_manager_shell_integration.jpg

that might solve your problem. hope that helps.

• Like 1

i am assuming you put the mission in your

C:\Users\"Name"\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\"Profile Name"\mpmissions

directory?

as well, when you download it from here or armaholic it comes down as a .pbo file. you won't be able to edit it until you use some kind of .pbo handling extension to expand it from a .pbo into a directory. i use PBO Manager which integrates into the windows shell and is accessible through right click and file explorer options;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

pbo_manager_shell_integration.jpg

that might solve your problem. hope that helps.

Thank you. I did eventually get it working. Didn't realize it had to be in the profile mp missions folder. There are so many mp missions folders.

Hey guy's,

I saw a few users asking if I did in-fact lift the restrictions. I did, however all I ask is that you give me a little bit of credit and the AliveDevTeam.

Hope the mission is still working and that you guy's are having a great time with it.

Cheers

-Hazey

• Like 2

Hope the mission is still working and that you guy's are having a great time with it.

Cheers

-Hazey

yes to the "having a great time with it" part. your mission has been a staple for my group, many hours of good fun. thanks for that. 

as for "still working", that's something that we've been struggling with since ArmA 3 updated to 1.60. there seems to be be some crazy de-sync issues that have crept in around that time just with the Insurgency mission (both unmodified v0-55-7 and our group's modded version). real life and commitments and such have resulted in me not figuring it out yet but, to help with a starting point, we were wondering if the cache hunting scripts might not be playing well with ArmA after the 1.60 update. 

it might be that or it might be something else. anyway, if you have some thoughts, i would really like to hear them. 

once again, thanks for the mission and all your hard work. 

yes to the "having a great time with it" part. your mission has been a staple for my group, many hours of good fun. thanks for that. 

as for "still working", that's something that we've been struggling with since ArmA 3 updated to 1.60. there seems to be be some crazy de-sync issues that have crept in around that time just with the Insurgency mission (both unmodified v0-55-7 and our group's modded version). real life and commitments and such have resulted in me not figuring it out yet but, to help with a starting point, we were wondering if the cache hunting scripts might not be playing well with ArmA after the 1.60 update. 

it might be that or it might be something else. anyway, if you have some thoughts, i would really like to hear them. 

once again, thanks for the mission and all your hard work. 

Interesting, I would have to investigate. It's been a really long time since I have played/ worked on the mission. PM me your details if you have a Teamspeak or Discord and I can jump on one night and hear your guys thoughts.

I'll look into getting it fixed up again. Wouldn't mind jumping into a few games either if you guys have room.

-Hazey

• Like 1

Hello, does anybody know if this mission scripts are still working fine? I mean, I know I have to replace the Alive Modules but I would like to know if the Cache/Intel system is still working. Is anyone using this mission these days?

Also, I would like to know if there is some kind of debugger so I can confirm that myself.

Thanks!

--------------------

EDIT: Don't mind me. I just read last comments. This mission needs to be reworked again. I will keep an eye on the updates. :)

7 hours ago, alexsegen said:

--------------------

EDIT: Don't mind me. I just read last comments. This mission needs to be reworked again. I will keep an eye on the updates. :)

heya, had a brief chat with Hazey about a month ago. he suggested that a work-around with the de-sync issue our group was experiencing was to disable the parameter to have enemy drop intel. 

basically, you play the mission with just the intel that the scripts spawn in town and forego the AI drop thing entirely. we haven't tried it yet but that would be a start. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA.

• Like 1

Just now, theopolus said:

heya, had a brief chat with Hazey about a month ago. he suggested that a work-around with the de-sync issue our group was experiencing was to disable the parameter to have enemy drop intel. 

basically, you play the mission with just the intel that the scripts spawn in town and forego the AI drop thing entirely. we haven't tried it yet but that would be a start. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA.

Hi man, cool tip. I think I'm gonna try that. Thanks!

It seems there is a problem with ALIVE spawned enemy Units in the Insurgency Demo.
If one of this units got killed, no intel will drop (Intel ratio 100%). If i place a unit via ZEUS every killed unit drops an intel.
Is there maybe there is an handle issue: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/demo/MP/ALiVE_Insurgency_Redux.Altis/functions/fn_handlerRegister.sqf ?

On 2017-3-16 at 6:17 PM, neodyn said:

It seems there is a problem with ALIVE spawned enemy Units in the Insurgency Demo.
If one of this units got killed, no intel will drop (Intel ratio 100%). If i place a unit via ZEUS every killed unit drops an intel.
Is there maybe there is an handle issue: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/demo/MP/ALiVE_Insurgency_Redux.Altis/functions/fn_handlerRegister.sqf ?

Do you use Headless Client in your dedicated server? 

I use a Headless Client. But since the version bevor the latest relase of ALIVE everything works great again!

I'm having some problems with the grids in yawls insurgency missions, its more then likely my fault for messing with something I shouldn't have but anyways. I'm using the insurgency demo ( the one on the alive website ) for my Fallujah insurgency mission. everything converted to the Fallujah map great. The only problem I'm having is out of the hole map only 24 or so grids pop up on the map (not coving the hole map like its suppose to), now the grids that do spawn in when I load the mission work like they are intended to ( turn green when its clear, spawns intel, etc.). So idk if there is something I need to do in the mission to fix this or is it something else, I'm not a script person so idk if the problem is in a script or not.