hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

Hey Hazey,

We are having a ball with the framework and did some pretty nice operations on it.

My question is towards enemy reinforcements with ALiVE. We made a custom faction following the template for ALiVE (second faction of ours) and works well. The thing that bugs me though is that they call in Mi-48's even though i restricted the logistics to infantry only, mil Civ is light infantry only and military module for military (strategic) is motorized only. For some reason even with all these restrictions they keep on sending Mi-48's enven tough they are insurgents.

I'm having this problem with disabling armor in that module.

I'm still trying to figure out if the Call to Prayer even works and if so at what in game times of day?

Same here, motorized will bring armoured also. That's a thing with Alive.

Did a port to Bornholm and it's great, framerate issues aside.

I need some advice for editing setting in the CQB though, I am an ALiVE Nub - I am trying to set difficulty for a team of 5 and on default we get overwhelmed correctly - can anyone recommend settings? I am gonna make some tweaks and test but I only get a few hours to play each week and I'd rather spend my time playing than editing :D

Any advice would be gratefully received!

I'm still trying to figure out if the Call to Prayer even works and if so at what in game times of day?

{
  if (_x call _fnc_between) exitwith {
     if(ins_debug) then {
        ["fn_prayerLoop:: Prayer time called: %1", _x] call ALIVE_fnc_dumpR;
     };

_x call _fnc_prayer;
  };
} foreach [[4.25,4.5],[5.25,5.75],[11.75,12],[15.25,15.5],[17.75,18.25],[19,19.25]];

Times are between the sets. [4.25,4.5],[5.25,5.75],[11.75,12],[15.25,15.5],[17.75,18.25],[19,19.25]

Hi Hazey,

Any chance we could get this updated to the new Alive 0.97 version?

Thanks!

Hi Hazey,

Any chance we could get this updated to the new Alive 0.97 version?

Thanks!

It shouldn't require anything special to update it. Just replace the modules in your mission and profit. I will update the official mission by the end of the week.

Been in a new state every week this month, my time has been limited but I am still active.

It shouldn't require anything special to update it. Just replace the modules in your mission and profit. I will update the official mission by the end of the week.

Been in a new state every week this month, my time has been limited but I am still active.

come home,

chop chop

We miss you.

I tried, it didn't go well :(

Thanks for the great mission Hazey, a big part of some excellent CQB ops we do now.

Looking forward to the next update.

Been a challenge to hash through quirks and bugs, but expected in something as complex as this.

A couple notes:

- Respawn disabled bug still prevalent, can't seem to determine core cause, but feels like it greys out more if I'm doing things that lead to negative scores.

- Altis is to heavy a map for it. 30+ people and a cqb module worth fighting is simply too much, seems to break due to load.

- Cherno works if you go RHS Russians and treat it like an conventional occupation rather than CQB intel search.

- VVS works great, use it all the time.

Questions:

- Zeus likes to cake out and quit after a time, anyone else get that a lot?

- Noob questions: Can I have multiple MHQ's without issue? I made the boxes invulnerable, but stuff happens, like dropping it in water. (zeus breaks a LOT)

Wishlist:

- RHS to index their air units in groups, so I can have an AI commander run the air war separately.

- Some easier way to implement spawn-off-map enemy air at regular intervals unless X is taken or captured (some TAOR marker ideally)

- Separate modules for Air vs Armored, so we can be more granular in their implementation and deployment like the CQB module

Most issues are due to my knowledge I think, so I won't call them bugs until I can be sure.

Great work again Hazey!

Since on of the last Alive update, the insurgency won't show no more red squares on startup.

How can i fix this issue ?

Since on of the last Alive update, the insurgency won't show no more red squares on startup.

How can i fix this issue ?

I think Hazey is killed :( RIP IN PIECES

Also, you can activate that feature in the CQB Module

Wow cool change the TRACE option to eq. solid.

Hazey is ALiVE :) .. he's busy dealing with real life issues.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

any chance this is going to get updated to the new versions any time soon, or will this one work with the latest versions of alive?

any chance this is going to get updated to the new versions any time soon, or will this one work with the latest versions of alive?

Hello, you can find newer versions of this mission on Alive website or downloading lastest alive version.

I enabled the singleplayer savegame, and authorized unlimited savegames in difficulties options, but it stays unavailable in game... Do you know why?

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have not been around lately, I have been dealing with some medical issues that I won't go into detail on. I do plan on making a full recovery but that's looking like another 2-4 weeks. I understand the inconvenience of having a broken mission and I really do apologize. It pains me that I have not been able to further develop this game mode or even work on Alive mod. I have so many good idea's but my body just doesn't want to work with me. We'll get through it!

Thanks so much for your kind words and I am glad that some of you have had a really good time playing the mission.

I will return... Very soon... Much love nerds.

-Hazey

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have not been around lately, I have been dealing with some medical issues that I won't go into detail on. I do plan on making a full recovery but that's looking like another 2-4 weeks. I understand the inconvenience of having a broken mission and I really do apologize. It pains me that I have not been able to further develop this game mode or even work on Alive mod. I have so many good idea's but my body just doesn't want to work with me. We'll get through it!

Thanks so much for your kind words and I am glad that some of you have had a really good time playing the mission.

I will return... Very soon... Much love nerds.

-Hazey

Oh, now I feel bad for my last comment. I hope you can get well very soon. If you dind't update your mission I volunteer to make it for you. Srsly.

Please, focus on getting well soon!

I'm back, and I am also back working with the alive team although I never really left. I will get this mission working again asap.

• Like 2

^ probably with the release of ALiVE 1.0 but don't quote me on that  ;)