hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

Also please note that MHQ currently is seriously bugged. Sometimes it simply cannot be carried away. So MESH and HALO is your friends if you MHQ is "destroyed".

Hazey, i read that you're working on "insurgency module" on ALiVE tracker. Will that be as easy as "put insurgency module in editor", or this still will be scripted mission?

So, a little about maps for Insurgency.

A2 vanilla maps (Cherno, Bystrica/Bukovina) - small amount of enterable houses. Not really interesting since cache and intel often spawns outside buildings and not really great CQB experience since, again, small amount of enterable houses. It will be alot of fun if DayZ cherno will get released to A3... sometime.

Takistan - a bit lonely here, amount of enemies is pretty low and most cities are 2-3 houses, but still plays well.

Zargabad - almost whole map is a big city. Surely fun to play, but this needs a decent PC to maintain good FPS. Dedicated server helps alot, but still.

Isla Duala - Surely a great map to play. There is small and big cities, alot of custom buildings which are good for sniping and cover fire, lots of variants where to put your base, good road system, and you should watch sky - due to big amount of airports, there will be alot of helis. We even saw a couple of planes - luckily for my teammates (but not for me, since i'm a pilot) they was in AA configuration.

Panthera - almost same feelings as from IslaDuala, but with more vegetation. Well, they are from same author! Also great for insurgency.

And now, the pinnacle of insurgency warfare. Bornholm. ALiVE devs indexed that map properly in 0.9.6 and now it's fully working! 280sq km size (this is close to Altis), southern airport which is _perfect_ location for your base (takeoff line is huge, you can easily takeoff and land AC-130 or even C-5 Galaxy), shitload of small houses which force you to stay aware (we got ambushed countless times from that houses). Well, just take a look at map just after Insurgency started: http://i.imgur.com/ajBj66p.jpg

See that red zones? Prepare uranus. Single cache spawned in Aakirkeby city took us a good 2 hours (also artillery support and 2 F-18 due to me being a bad pilot) to clean and find stash. After that shootout, we opened stats. 180 (!!!!) frags total and 12 enemy vehicles destroyed. 15 casualties, 2 planes, 1 tank and 2 IFVs lost. Insane.

Thank you again, Hazey. I stopped played arma 3 some time ago due to a lack of CQB, but ALiVE and your mission forced me (and my friends) to return :)

Edited by rlex

So MESH and HALO is your friends if you MHQ is "destroyed".

Can you explain those to me and how to use them?

Also not sure if you know, but when I call in air drops it says that I do not have something like a logistics line or something and I cannot do the airdrop.

Edited by lunchbox35

Can you explain those to me and how to use them?

Also not sure if you know, but when I call in air drops it says that I do not have something like a logistics line or something and I cannot do the airdrop.

MESH is ability on medics (medic / asst medic, something like this) accessible from action menu. Adds respawn point while you alive.

Halo is not part of original mission, but i added it on flag pole near arsenal in my versions.

I love you broder, thank you for the good information. I'm gonna check your Bornholm mission tonight!

Also please note that MHQ currently is seriously bugged. Sometimes it simply cannot be carried away. So MESH and HALO is your friends if you MHQ is "destroyed".

Hazey, i read that you're working on "insurgency module" on ALiVE tracker. Will that be as easy as "put insurgency module in editor", or this still will be scripted mission?

So, a little about maps for Insurgency.

A2 vanilla maps (Cherno, Bystrica/Bukovina) - small amount of enterable houses. Not really interesting since cache and intel often spawns outside buildings and not really great CQB experience since, again, small amount of enterable houses. It will be alot of fun if DayZ cherno will get released to A3... sometime.

Takistan - a bit lonely here, amount of enemies is pretty low and most cities are 2-3 houses, but still plays well.

Zargabad - almost whole map is a big city. Surely fun to play, but this needs a decent PC to maintain good FPS. Dedicated server helps alot, but still.

Isla Duala - Surely a great map to play. There is small and big cities, alot of custom buildings which are good for sniping and cover fire, lots of variants where to put your base, good road system, and you should watch sky - due to big amount of airports, there will be alot of helis. We even saw a couple of planes - luckily for my teammates (but not for me, since i'm a pilot) they was in AA configuration.

Panthera - almost same feelings as from IslaDuala, but with more vegetation. Well, they are from same author! Also great for insurgency.

And now, the pinnacle of insurgency warfare. Bornholm. ALiVE devs indexed that map properly in 0.9.6 and now it's fully working! 280sq km size (this is close to Altis), southern airport which is _perfect_ location for your base (takeoff line is huge, you can easily takeoff and land AC-130 or even C-5 Galaxy), shitload of small houses which force you to stay aware (we got ambushed countless times from that houses). Well, just take a look at map just after Insurgency started: http://i.imgur.com/ajBj66p.jpg

See that red zones? Prepare uranus. Single cache spawned in Aakirkeby city took us a good 2 hours (also artillery support and 2 F-18 due to me being a bad pilot) to clean and find stash. After that shootout, we opened stats. 180 (!!!!) frags total and 12 enemy vehicles destroyed. 15 casualties, 2 planes, 1 tank and 2 IFVs lost. Insane.

Thank you again, Hazey. I stopped played arma 3 some time ago due to a lack of CQB, but ALiVE and your mission forced me (and my friends) to return :)

Why on the IslaDuala does it say occupied instead of red boxes. What does not that mean?

I'm not sure, but "occupied" means there are significant enemy forces (or just enemy forces?) in marked zones.

This is related to ALiVE modules, afaik.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

And no red zones is because i have not fixed my duala / panthera zones yet.

Updated my ports. Should now color zones properly. Added Everon and Stratis (not really playable, small amount of towns), but still.

Downloads: https://lex.io/pub/arma3/

I am having a small issue.

When the server starts the mission everything works fine. But when the mission is already running and a new player join (or someone leave and rejoin), the weather settings defined in module are not working, just load the BIS default weather.

Any clue why this is happening?

Not sure, but admin / slot 1:1 can use ZEUS to adjust weather. We use it pretty frequently.

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

Still trying another maps.

Fallujah, one HUGE city: https://lex.io/pub/arma3/ALiVE_InsurgencyRevived.fallujah.pbo

Podagosk: https://lex.io/pub/arma3/ALiVE_InsurgencyRevived.FDF_Isle1_a.pbo

Bornholm is still my favourite :)

• Like 1

How do you adjust the parameters at the beginning. Like it says spawn intel in towns disabled.

what do you mean: adjust the default values or adjust before the mission starts? default values are stored in description.ext

what do you mean: adjust the default values or adjust before the mission starts? default values are stored in description.ext

That was it..Thank you.

I am having a small issue.

When the server starts the mission everything works fine. But when the mission is already running and a new player join (or someone leave and rejoin), the weather settings defined in module are not working, just load the BIS default weather.

Any clue why this is happening?

This is because of BIS engine when it comes to weather sync. Also waiting for BIS to correct a few issues they caused in 1.40 before I keep working on the mission. They are really burning me out introducing more problems than fixes it seems, but who cares about performance when we can give you another modeled M14.

Ok, thanks for the info.

I have ported your mission to Bornholm successfully, I have edited some AI parameters and also the faction, made it basically infantry based and there we play exclusively against OPF_G_F motorized.

Also I am trying to make a port in to Wake Island (my fav island) and I am having a few issues with caches (they do not spawn), from what I can see the search that Alive does for caches placement (spawn) is primarly based on urban and cities, since Wake Island does not have cities (or cities names) and urban environment, caches are not placed.

Is possible for Alive to place (spawn) caches using some other method that does not go for cities or towns locations?

Thanks in advance.

Wake Island probably not indexed by ALiVE right now.

Does the "Call to Prayer" actually play from the loudspeakers? What times of day does it trigger?

This is because of BIS engine when it comes to weather sync. Also waiting for BIS to correct a few issues they caused in 1.40 before I keep working on the mission. They are really burning me out introducing more problems than fixes it seems, but who cares about performance when we can give you another modeled M14.

Actually this is more of a issue with Alive or the game itself with dedicated servers, not sure which one.

Also the same happen with objectives in map or briefing notes.

If we disconnect from the server and we rejoin, after that the weather does not load, the briefing notes do not load and objectives in map do not load.

However closing the game opening it again and then join server and mission, all the 3 situations are back to normality.

The same happened with several Alive missons I have tried.

We enjoyed the first version of ALiVE Insurgency and I was very happy to see an update for it. I want to turn on the red grids to indicate occupied territory on the map. So I do that with a setting in the CQB module? Is that correct? Currently the map shows no red grids at all. Thanks for an exceptional mission!

:)

We enjoyed the first version of ALiVE Insurgency and I was very happy to see an update for it. I want to turn on the red grids to indicate occupied territory on the map. So I do that with a setting in the CQB module? Is that correct? Currently the map shows no red grids at all. Thanks for an exceptional mission!

:)

http://postimg.org/image/ikx09o0e3/

CQB MODULE > TRACE SYSTEM > SELECT SOLID

When I try to use zeus in this mission, I can only see vanilla assets. Is there a way to see modded stuff?

Hey Hazey,

We are having a ball with the framework and did some pretty nice operations on it.

My question is towards enemy reinforcements with ALiVE. We made a custom faction following the template for ALiVE (second faction of ours) and works well. The thing that bugs me though is that they call in Mi-48's even though i restricted the logistics to infantry only, mil Civ is light infantry only and military module for military (strategic) is motorized only. For some reason even with all these restrictions they keep on sending Mi-48's enven tough they are insurgents.