hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

No I haven't ported it, it's the official version. Once it's loaded it's stuck on splash screen but I can hear, move and shoot I tried today and came back 25 minutes later and nothing had changed.

No I haven't ported it, it's the official version. Once it's loaded it's stuck on splash screen but I can hear, move and shoot I tried today and came back 25 minutes later and nothing had changed.

You could either upload your mission and give us the link to look at or upload your RPT. Unfortunately no one else has reported this problem and I am unable to repo it myself.

You should add it to the blacklist of all enemy modules. It could be that one of the modules is picking it up as a possible objective.

Well the thing is, the "noRED1" marker is already set as blacklist for all enemy modules, yet sometimes enemy troops still come inside it. The other day it was a BMP that came right at the end of the runway and destroyed all of our vehicles.

(The "noRED1" marker is set as square, since from what i understood this is the shape that worked best for Alive).

The blacklist only prevents ALIVE from spawning units inside the blacklist, not preventing enemy commanders from sending units into the blacklist area.

Turn's out it was because I had the mission in a sub folder (mpmissions/alive) As soon as I moved to just mpmissions, boom, works!

Sweet, thanks for all the help and suggestions Hazey!

For the cache counter. Whenever you blow up a cache you get a notification saying 1/12 caches have been destroyed. I'm assuming when we then blow the second cache up it should say 2/12 eventually 3/12 and so on.

However, each subsequent cache we blow up, the mission counter still says 1/12 caches destroyed.

Edited by FiestaMasta

Sweet, thanks for all the help and suggestions Hazey!

For the cache counter. Whenever you blow up a cache you get a notification saying 1/12 caches have been destroyed. I'm assuming when we then blow the second cache up it should say 2/12 eventually 3/12 and so on.

However, each subsequent cache we blow up, the mission counter still says 1/12 caches destroyed.

Faced same problem today. Maybe 1.40 is somehow related?

Faced same problem today. Maybe 1.40 is somehow related?

Very well could be, I am going to let them hotfix a few things before I bang my head on the wall yeah know? lol

Can you please provide instructions how to port this mission over another map? I ctrl-c all units and modules, copied unpacked PBO with another name, then Ctrl-V base and modules to new map, and i can't start it. Preview button not appearing in editor and player selection menu is empty when starting :(

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Nevermind, found problem - arma editor doesn't copy unit params, so i need to manually set "player/playable" params on every unit.

Can you please provide instructions how to port this mission over another map? I ctrl-c all units and modules, copied unpacked PBO with another name, then Ctrl-V base and modules to new map, and i can't start it. Preview button not appearing in editor and player selection menu is empty when starting :(

You did everything right however it sounds like you need some tutorials on how to use the editor. When you copied and replaced those units they lose their player/playable status and must all be reset. I would STRONGLY suggest learning the basic editor before continuing work on the SQF level.

TBH i know more about SQF than editor :D My first "work" was modifying DUWS which is 99% script-based (in fact, i never opened editor while working on DUWS) now 1k ppl use my version i modded solely for friends...

I ended up creating "bare" version of your mod, which i use as base, moving all editor elements to lower left corner of map. Then i just rename it and place base as i want. Takes 5 mins to adapt it for another map.

Thank you for your mission. I play with friends since it was released, solid CQB experience and LOTS of fun.

I added virtual vehicle spawner (i love flying. I usually provide CAS for my friends), and some other small things. Not released it anywhere of course.

Some problems i faced (probably some of them are ALiVE problems, not mission. I can fill bugreport on ALiVE bugtracker if you want):

1) In big cities, FPS drops to absolutely unacceptable levels. Try Zargabad, for example. This map is awesome, but there is like 200 infantry units and my FPS (i'm a host) is ~10-15. Running this on dedicated server will help with FPS problem?

2) It seems like there is ~250m detect radius for spawns. Not a big deal, usually we have 1 sniper covering our asses, and after assault started enemies start to pop up, but this could be a problem for lone snipers - enemy just will not spawn. Should be configurable in params, maybe?

3) Tanks / APC / AA spam in some cities, but this is most likely related to ALiVE modules.

4) Exploding tanks / APCs while spawning (stuck in objects) - most likely ArmA issue, have same problem with DUWS, findsafepos doesn't work sometimes...

5) Dumb AI sometimes, they're just staring into wall and doing nothing, even when they're get shot. This usually happens when AI spawns in houses. Around 20% of bots are affected. Thought it was VCOM or ASR AI, but nope, same problems on non-modded game.

6) Stash is not exploding from grenades / GLs / and even JDAM bombs. Ensured direct hit on house, still not exploded.

Maps i played:

Altis / Stratis. Big cities problems on altis, overall great.

Zargabad, whole map is just big city, FPS is unacceptable. Same applies to Cherno from DayZ and Helvantis.

Takistan: intel often spawns outside houses, but overall great.

Namalsk: small amount of enterable houses, too easy to pinpoint location of weapons stash.

Panthera: probably best map for that mission.

Still want to try Isla Duala and Bornholm.

And again, thanks for your work!

TBH i know more about SQF than editor :D My first "work" was modifying DUWS which is 99% script-based (in fact, i never opened editor while working on DUWS) now 1k ppl use my version i modded solely for friends...

I ended up creating "bare" version of your mod, which i use as base, moving all editor elements to lower left corner of map. Then i just rename it and place base as i want. Takes 5 mins to adapt it for another map.

Thank you for your mission. I play with friends since it was released, solid CQB experience and LOTS of fun.

I added virtual vehicle spawner (i love flying. I usually provide CAS for my friends), and some other small things. Not released it anywhere of course.

Some problems i faced (probably some of them are ALiVE problems, not mission. I can fill bugreport on ALiVE bugtracker if you want):

1) In big cities, FPS drops to absolutely unacceptable levels. Try Zargabad, for example. This map is awesome, but there is like 200 infantry units and my FPS (i'm a host) is ~10-15. Running this on dedicated server will help with FPS problem?

2) It seems like there is ~250m detect radius for spawns. Not a big deal, usually we have 1 sniper covering our asses, and after assault started enemies start to pop up, but this could be a problem for lone snipers - enemy just will not spawn. Should be configurable in params, maybe?

3) Tanks / APC / AA spam in some cities, but this is most likely related to ALiVE modules.

4) Exploding tanks / APCs while spawning (stuck in objects) - most likely ArmA issue, have same problem with DUWS, findsafepos doesn't work sometimes...

5) Dumb AI sometimes, they're just staring into wall and doing nothing, even when they're get shot. This usually happens when AI spawns in houses. Around 20% of bots are affected. Thought it was VCOM or ASR AI, but nope, same problems on non-modded game.

6) Stash is not exploding from grenades / GLs / and even JDAM bombs. Ensured direct hit on house, still not exploded.

Maps i played:

Altis / Stratis. Big cities problems on altis, overall great.

Zargabad, whole map is just big city, FPS is unacceptable. Same applies to Cherno from DayZ and Helvantis.

Takistan: intel often spawns outside houses, but overall great.

Namalsk: small amount of enterable houses, too easy to pinpoint location of weapons stash.

Panthera: probably best map for that mission.

Still want to try Isla Duala and Bornholm.

And again, thanks for your work!

Hey you mind posting versions of the other maps?

Also great mission! I only played 30 mins so far but looks great Hazey :)

Hosting from a dedicated server helps A LOT with FPS!

Edited by chains
thanks

Hey you mind posting versions of the other maps?

Also great mission! I only played 30 mins so far but looks great Hazey :)

Hosting from a dedicated server helps A LOT with FPS!

From Hazey's post:

You are permitted to edit, tweak or change the mission however please read and agree to the following below.

-- TERM.A - You must NOT re-release the mission to the BIS forums or any other distribution platform.

So nope. Just port them like i done.

From Hazey's post:

You are permitted to edit, tweak or change the mission however please read and agree to the following below.

-- TERM.A - You must NOT re-release the mission to the BIS forums or any other distribution platform.

So nope. Just port them like i done.

You may post your personal version in here if you would like. That's just to stop new threads from being created. I just ask if that something is broken in your version that you help people via PM instead of directly in this thread :)

You may post your personal version in here if you would like. That's just to stop new threads from being created. I just ask if that something is broken in your version that you help people via PM instead of directly in this thread :)

Anyone want to try out my latest version ?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7f7inkZ9lkafldlNThMR2oxWFQ2R21LOTBPcWFrSG5iOEY2THhuRUtTc1h1b1RqN2FNY28&usp=sharing

ATM Airdrop

Recruit Units

Cupcake Medical System

Explosive-To-Vehicle

Generic Vehicle Service

Igiload

Interior Light

Leap / Jump

Killticker

Repack Mag

R3F

3rd person view limit

User Interface

VAS

VCOM Driving

VCOM AI

VVS

Survivable air crash

Force ai to use flashlights

Fastrope

All selectable in the params

Edited by kaysio

If you tell me what's different in your version, I'd definitely be willing to check it out :)

Ok, since Hazey allowed this...

You can grab my versions of mission here: https://lex.io/pub/arma3/

Available: Isla Duala, Panthera.

Obviously, this mods are required. You also need AllInArmaTerrainPack or A3MP

Changes: HALO. Gear Saving (on arsenal). Vehicle/Heli/Plane spawner (VVS by tonic). Some base changes. Probably something else - can't recall.

Disclaimer: no support. All was done in under 5 minutes of time, and this is based on unfinished mission, so if you find any bugs in my version, DO NOT post any bugreports and DO NOT send me any PMs regarding this mission. If you want to help Hazey with testing - use his official mission on Altis as it was designed.

Cool ill take a look when I get home today!

Ok, since Hazey allowed this...

You can grab my versions of mission here: https://lex.io/pub/arma3/

Available: Isla Duala, Panthera.

Obviously, this mods are required. You also need AllInArmaTerrainPack or A3MP

Changes: HALO. Gear Saving (on arsenal). Vehicle/Heli/Plane spawner (VVS by tonic). Some base changes. Probably something else - can't recall.

Disclaimer: no support. All was done in under 5 minutes of time, and this is based on unfinished mission, so if you find any bugs in my version, DO NOT post any bugreports and DO NOT send me any PMs regarding this mission. If you want to help Hazey with testing - use his official mission on Altis as it was designed.

Same to this one!

Hazey, any comments on "Dumb AI"? They sometimes can't see you. They are screaming "enemy detected" or something like this, but they shoot into walls and don't even turn.

It _seems_ this only happens on 3rd party maps, although i had same problems on altis, but way less amount of enemies was affected. Something with waypoints / bots vision?

Hi Hazey,

We recently started playing ypur mission and its astonishing. I might have one bug report.

The virtual arsenal works great exept that if we save our gear we can't load them back, the "load" button is grayed out and doesnt come back even on server restart (dedicated). Is this designed on purpuse to avoid abuse of restricted items or is this a bug? Did someone else have the same issue?

Thanks

Hi Hazey,

We recently started playing ypur mission and its astonishing. I might have one bug report.

The virtual arsenal works great exept that if we save our gear we can't load them back, the "load" button is grayed out and doesnt come back even on server restart (dedicated). Is this designed on purpuse to avoid abuse of restricted items or is this a bug? Did someone else have the same issue?

Thanks

You trying to load on MHQ?

I am running this mission on my dedicated server and I am facing a issue.

Sometimes I am stuck on loading screen and wont move from there, I can hear the environment sound and I can even hear my footsteps or weapon reloading/firing, still I am stuck in loading screen for the eternity.

Any idea about what is going on or how to solve the situation?

Edit.

Version: 0.9.6.1509031 fixed the situation, it seems.

Nice Insurgency, close from A2. Good Job.

Edited by Bratwurste

I am running this mission on my dedicated server and I am facing a issue.

Sometimes I am stuck on loading screen and wont move from there, I can hear the environment sound and I can even hear my footsteps or weapon reloading/firing, still I am stuck in loading screen for the eternity.

Any idea about what is going on or how to solve the situation?

Edit.

Version: 0.9.6.1509031 fixed the situation, it seems.

Nice Insurgency, close from A2. Good Job.

This should be reported on the Alive thread itself. The mission is working as it should at the moment but you might have having an issue with the DB locking up on you. Nothing mission dependent is locking you up.

Hi Hazey,

Thanks

Sounds like a new issue with 1.40. I know that when you have modded content and save a loadout and try to load it later not using the same mods that it will give you this effect. It could be that gear inside the save is not being called right on-reload. Nothing in the mission alters virtual arsenal in anyway besides the MHQ.

Edited by Hazey

Downloaded ALiVE which included Insurgency however it doesnt show in Altis and Stratis, the other two do, Ambush and Sabotage