hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

Also accidentaly hit Y and discovered that ZEUS is enabled.

Bug?

No bug, ZEUS is integrated into the mission.

When I host this mission on my server (I am only running the lastest CBA, Alive and on the server those + AliveServer) The mission will finish loading, I can hear myself shooting / moving but I am stuck on the loading screen. Also other Alive missions give me the error, connection to host lost. Help :confused:

Please can someone help me here:

I can't see the red grids that are mentioned in the beginning instructions. It reads: "Search and clear the indicated red grids (enabled VIA CQB Module)...When a grid is cleared, it will turn green".

I don't see either of the colored grids. How do I enable this? I don't see any option to enable it in the ALIVE CQB module.

Please, please help!

Thank you.

Hi, good job with mission.

How to enable debug to mission making? to know where spawn caches or intel? Im making it in takistan with mods for our group.

Thanks!!!

In Common_Defines.sqf Change.

ins_debug = false; [b]to[/b] ins_debug = true;

When I host this mission on my server (I am only running the lastest CBA, Alive and on the server those + AliveServer) The mission will finish loading, I can hear myself shooting / moving but I am stuck on the loading screen. Also other Alive missions give me the error, connection to host lost. Help :confused:

Try hosting the mission without using persistence and AliveServer and see if that fixes your issue.

Please can someone help me here:

I can't see the red grids that are mentioned in the beginning instructions. It reads: "Search and clear the indicated red grids (enabled VIA CQB Module)...When a grid is cleared, it will turn green".

I don't see either of the colored grids. How do I enable this? I don't see any option to enable it in the ALIVE CQB module.

Please, please help!

Thank you.

Sounds like you're still on 0.9.4 version of alive.

No bug, ZEUS is integrated into the mission.

Thanks for helping out.

Hi Hazey,

Not sure if this is a brain-fade moment on my part....but does the mission support JIP?

Edited by evil-organ

Hi Hazey,

Not sure if this is a brain-fade moment on my part....but does the mission support JIP?

Of course.

Played with friends today.

Second cache seems to be never spawned.

I swear we cleared every single house in 1km radius from flag (there was not so much).

Did cache spawn only after 4 intels?

There is flag pole on MHQ, but it doesn't offer teleporting back to base (bug or intended?)

Also, there is something wrong with enemy armor spawning. We cleared sofia, paros and then alikampos based on intel we gained, never faced any IFV or tanks. But after some time, when i flied over some small city (Orino if i can recall correctly) i saw 4x IFVs and 2x tanks. In a tiny city.

Oh, and as personal request: can you nerf amount of AA units a bit? Pretty often i stumble upon cities which is basically filled with AA units. I counted ~14 rockets (!) within ~15sec timeframe before i went down. Three times in a row just to check (do they have ammoboxes somewhere?). With that amount of AA units (+ MGs from vehicles, bots are pretty precise with them) it's basically impossible to do any kind of CAS, unless you use something that can overrun swarm of AA rockets.

Hazey thanks for that advice, it worked for the other Alive missions however on Insurgency I am still stuck on a load/splash screen. The mission loads, error Prayer Sound missing, press continue on the map screen and then I am stuck on the load screen however I can still hear my character moving, shooting etc. I tried leaving it on the map screen on the advice of someone else for 10 minutes and the same again on the load/splash screen but nothing happens.

Played with friends today.

Second cache seems to be never spawned.

I swear we cleared every single house in 1km radius from flag (there was not so much).

Did cache spawn only after 4 intels?

There is flag pole on MHQ, but it doesn't offer teleporting back to base (bug or intended?)

Also, there is something wrong with enemy armor spawning. We cleared sofia, paros and then alikampos based on intel we gained, never faced any IFV or tanks. But after some time, when i flied over some small city (Orino if i can recall correctly) i saw 4x IFVs and 2x tanks. In a tiny city.

Oh, and as personal request: can you nerf amount of AA units a bit? Pretty often i stumble upon cities which is basically filled with AA units. I counted ~14 rockets (!) within ~15sec timeframe before i went down. Three times in a row just to check (do they have ammoboxes somewhere?). With that amount of AA units (+ MGs from vehicles, bots are pretty precise with them) it's basically impossible to do any kind of CAS, unless you use something that can overrun swarm of AA rockets.

Huh? "did cache spawn only after 4 intels". That makes no sense to me. If you have intel showing up on the map, than the cache is there. If the cache wasn't there the intel would be set to null and you would not be getting markers. The MHQ stuff is intended because teleporting back and forth will always be abused. And all the spawning of armor and such is all random done by alive. My mission does NOT HANDLE anything to do with AI. You'll have to adjust the alive modules to the way you want them.

Can you use these missions in single player?

Yes however you might want to turn the AI down a bit.

Hazey thanks for that advice, it worked for the other Alive missions however on Insurgency I am still stuck on a load/splash screen. The mission loads, error Prayer Sound missing, press continue on the map screen and then I am stuck on the load screen however I can still hear my character moving, shooting etc. I tried leaving it on the map screen on the advice of someone else for 10 minutes and the same again on the load/splash screen but nothing happens.

Sounds like you might have edited the mission and something has gone wrong. I can tell you from the error you are getting, Prayer Sound missing that you defiantly screwed up something. That would have been reported now many many times.

Hi, sorry if I'm about to ask a silly question.

How exactly would I be able to copy this mission onto a smaller map, say Stratis for example?

I can easily move the base around in the editor myself, but I'm just not sure how to actually change the map of an existing mission into another map.

Thanks for any help.

First really thx for this framework mission ;).

Some Questions after porting it to other islands.

First thing is ok i know now you guys from alive like metal ;), but my ears are bleading from this intro metal song.

How can i turn that off and activate the old news.ogg, because it seems to be running as intro file but only these nice metal come threw ;).

Second question i have changed the faction to leight opfor`s (LOP_IT) and the faction i choose is independent. How i should set up the miltary-commander module.

I chose AAF as faction to command by the opcom, but there is a failure it dont understand it says ther are no faction for ind_f.

First really thx for this framework mission ;).

Some Questions after porting it to other islands.

First thing is ok i know now you guys from alive like metal ;), but my ears are bleading from this intro metal song.

How can i turn that off and activate the old news.ogg, because it seems to be running as intro file but only these nice metal come threw ;).

Second question i have changed the faction to leight opfor`s (LOP_IT) and the faction i choose is independent. How i should set up the miltary-commander module.

I chose AAF as faction to command by the opcom, but there is a failure it dont understand it says ther are no faction for ind_f.

just change the playMusic in intro.sqf to:

playSound "news";

and for the leights stuff, you would set faction to none and use the custom field below putting ["LOP_IT"]

Yeah but by the miltary commander there is only the point overide faction and when i put the "LOP IT" in there it just only shows bulfor the occupations zones in green.

I changed it already in the other module civ placement/miltary etc, its something with the miltary commander module wich i dont check how.

Edit:

Sound is fixed thx, i have overseen the intro.sqf.

Edited by Speedygonzales

Does anybody know why I lose control of all my AI team units when I play the game in multiplayer mode? Everthing looks fine in the editor, so I'm a bit confused. Is there something I need to enable in ALIVE possibly?

Thanks

Echoj7 check that your alive version is uptodate. We had this problem because of an older alive version

I double and triple checked, I even re downloaded Alive direct from there site (I had downloaded initially from Armaholic) Same problem.

I try to rearange the base on Rasman Airfield to use the Airfield for A10 CAS. But inside the Blacklist marker i get Insurgents marker. How can i avoid that?

Hey Hazey,

First off wonderful template! My group and I are having an absolute blast with it. Thank you very much.

I've modified it some for my groups personal use, changed factions, switched to Takistan etc.

I have a few questions/comments.

My first question, for INS_CTPLOCATIONS do you know how would I go about changing the locations to something suitable with Takistan? I'm not too familiar with how to get the names of buildings and structures. On top of that, if I were to place down a structure myself using the editor (say a mosque) would I also be able to have CTP spawn by the mosque? Or does the structure have to already be hard coded into the mission. I guess I'm looking for help finding the "class names" of the structures. I noticed for the altis template includes a particular church.

My second question, is the spawning of an invisible helipad on the weapon cache locations intended? I've noticed that even after blowing up a cache the invisible helipad lingers which sometimes messes up alive's transports landing. Nothing game breaking, we just vacate the premises to avoid it but possibly something to look into.

My third question, is there a way to narrow down the radius that the ? intel markers spawn to indicate a cache? I usually end up having to go into Zeus and manually find the cache to point my group towards it. Sometimes they spawn in the craziest locations and are easy to miss. Still not game breaking, easy work around but another feature/thing to note.

My fourth question, though geared more towards the general public. I've changed the amount of caches to destroy in the mission to 12. Upon destruction of the first cache we get a solid 1/12 response from the newsfeed. However, each subsequent destruction nets a consistent 1/12 weapon caches destroyed. Has anyone else had this bug?

My fifth and last question, this may be more suitable for the alive forum but I figured since its a problem I'm having with this particular mission I will ask it here as well. For my civilians my blufor hostility is set to extreme. Military IED module is also set to extreme for IEDS, VB-IEDS and for suicide bombers. For standard IEDs, plenty spawn that for sure. However it seems like many of them are not "deadly" about 50%. About half of the IEDs that we run over/step on erupt in a giant ball of flame and explosion. But don't even scratch us. Secondly, despite blufor hostility and all other settings set to extreme. I have yet to see a single VB-IED and/or Suicide Bomber.

Hello Hazey, Fantastic mission!

I' ve ported it on Duala for my group' s use, using Leight' s african rebels and civilians (and islamic terrorists for the military placement modules due to a bug v0.8 of Leights opfor pack but that another story) and it works great. Indeed it is very easy to port so very usefull for people with low Arma skills such as me, thank you very much for that. (Except for the fact that it takes about 20minutes to load on our server lol).

To go on about illustrating my previous point, what would be the best way to forbid the AI from entering the bluefor base marker? With the way it is set up right now no enemy AI spawn in the marker covering the bluefor base but the enemy military commander sometimes still send out troops to attack it, what would be the best way to completely forbid that zone for enemy AI?

Also,

My second question, is the spawning of an invisible helipad on the weapon cache locations intended? I've noticed that even after blowing up a cache the invisible helipad lingers which sometimes messes up alive's transports landing. Nothing game breaking, we just vacate the premises to avoid it but possibly something to look into.

I also encoutered that, we asked for the transport helo to land near the cache (maybe 50 meters from it) and to our great surprise instead of landing on the open field where we threw the smoke he landed right on top of the destroyed crate and the destroyed shack that was housing it, the landing was best described as "funky" as you can guess.:p

Anyway great mission once again man, my group and i have been playing for the last 2 days and probably will for quite some time.

I try to rearange the base on Rasman Airfield to use the Airfield for A10 CAS. But inside the Blacklist marker i get Insurgents marker. How can i avoid that?

That's a thing with ALiVE. We are looking into adding it to the blacklist however it's not an easy task.

My first question, for INS_CTPLOCATIONS do you know how would I go about changing the locations to something suitable with Takistan? I'm not too familiar with how to get the names of buildings and structures. On top of that, if I were to place down a structure myself using the editor (say a mosque) would I also be able to have CTP spawn by the mosque? Or does the structure have to already be hard coded into the mission. I guess I'm looking for help finding the "class names" of the structures. I noticed for the altis template includes a particular church.

INS_CTPLOCATIONS = ["Land_A_Minaret_EP1","Land_A_Minaret_Porto_EP1"];

As per design currently. It's the lazy mans version of previous cache locations. Don't worry, its changing in the next version. I was under a time constraint trying to match release with our ALiVE version so I was unable to write the passing the cache locations to array.

My third question, is there a way to narrow down the radius that the ? intel markers spawn to indicate a cache? I usually end up having to go into Zeus and manually find the cache to point my group towards it. Sometimes they spawn in the craziest locations and are easy to miss. Still not game breaking, easy work around but another feature/thing to note.

Inside functions find: fn_createIntel.

Change:

_intelRadius = 800; to what ever you want.

My fourth question, though geared more towards the general public. I've changed the amount of caches to destroy in the mission to 12. Upon destruction of the first cache we get a solid 1/12 response from the newsfeed. However, each subsequent destruction nets a consistent 1/12 weapon caches destroyed. Has anyone else had this bug?

Can you explain this one in a different way? Is it not adding the caches correctly?

My fifth and last question, this may be more suitable for the alive forum but I figured since its a problem I'm having with this particular mission I will ask it here as well. For my civilians my blufor hostility is set to extreme. Military IED module is also set to extreme for IEDS, VB-IEDS and for suicide bombers. For standard IEDs, plenty spawn that for sure. However it seems like many of them are not "deadly" about 50%. About half of the IEDs that we run over/step on erupt in a giant ball of flame and explosion. But don't even scratch us. Secondly, despite blufor hostility and all other settings set to extreme. I have yet to see a single VB-IED and/or Suicide Bomber.

These questions are more suited for the ALiVE thread however being an ALiVE dev i'll go ahead and answer them here. I have seen the issues with some of them not being deadly and we do have a case for dud's. However it might be that the dud case happen a little too often. Ill take a look at that. VB-IED and Suicide Bombers currently had a nil issue. It's been fixed and will be in the upcoming patch/hotfix in the next couple days.

To go on about illustrating my previous point, what would be the best way to forbid the AI from entering the bluefor base marker? With the way it is set up right now no enemy AI spawn in the marker covering the bluefor base but the enemy military commander sometimes still send out troops to attack it, what would be the best way to completely forbid that zone for enemy AI?
You should add it to the blacklist of all enemy modules. It could be that one of the modules is picking it up as a possible objective. Edited by Hazey

Echoj7 do you have ported the mission to a other island. When not on altis it could take veryvery long to load and you cant quit it with escape during the loading process.