hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

vVXJf6u.png

INSURGENCY | ALiVE 0.55.7

Built using ALiVE MOD

Mission for ALiVE release 0.9.5

7DgsQYW.jpg

Gather

Kill Enemy units to have a random chance for Intel drop or find randomly generated Intel generating items inside enemy buildings.

MmULWdD.jpg

Deny

Insurgents are using call to prayer's to hide sensitive guerilla movements. Seek out and destroy enemy call to prayer loudspeakers.

TVRU9tH.jpg

Find

Finding Intel items from either kills or inside houses generate markers on the map that give clues to cache positions.

6NNj1Vt.jpg

Destroy

After finding enough Intel to narrow down the cache location. Destroy the enemy supplies!

What is Insurgency | ALiVE

Insurgency | ALiVE is a throwback to the old Arma 2 Insurgency by Fireball+Pogoman. Players must search houses or kill enemy units to find randomly generated INTEL items which mark enemy cache locations.

Destroy X amount of cache locations to win!

So many different version of Insurgency why another?

This mission was actually originally created around DEC-2013/JAN-2014 and was built as a template and released on the AliveMod.com website.

After many months of leaving the project to collect dust I saw a few version of it floating around the forums playable but not pretty.

I have since then decided to finish the framework and release it back into the community for others to alter and use for their own personal groups.

So it was created with a purpose?

Yes!!!! Back in 2013-2014 I really wanted to show the power of ALiVE as it was just getting its first release. ALiVE is so much more than just an AI Commander as some would say.

We have a very extensive functions library for mission creators to hook into. This mission is a great example of the things that can be done using ALiVE!

How To Play.

Search and clear the indicated red grids. (When Enabled VIA CQB module) When a grid is cleared it will turn green.

Be sure to search the houses for randomly generated INTEL items.

Picking up INTEL items will create a marker in the general area of a cache location.

Find and destroy the cache.

Mission Requirements.

- @ALiVE 0.9.5

- @CBA_A3

Supported Islands/Mods

Works well with any Island/World with a good amount of enter-able buildings.

Works well with most well known and used mods.

Performance Warning

Altis is a super power hungry island. Please be warned that although the demo mission is created on Altis it really works best on smaller islands/worlds.

Support Forum

For direct support and feedback from the developer, please shoot me a message on Skype or sign up to the forum on our website: http://www.whiskeycompany.net/forum/

Mission Release Highlights

• Intel drops off killed enemy units.
  • Intel can be found in houses.
  • Compatible for almost all islands and mods.
  • IED Module provides ambient IED and VB-IED threat + Suicide bombers in 0.9.5
  • Random Roadblocks
  • Random Camps
  • ALiVE Persistent
  • Enemy call to prayer
  • Blank mission template for individuals or groups to use.
  • Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements

Community Disclaimer

This mission is still in BETA and is subject to frequent change.

You are permitted to edit, tweak or change the mission however please read and agree to the following below.

-- TERM.A - You must NOT re-release the mission to the BIS forums or any other distribution platform.

-- TERM.A.CTN - You may alter or change the mission for personal or group use.

-- TERM.A.CTN - User must state somewhere clearly that it was built using Insurgency | ALiVE Framework.

-- TERM.A.CTN - ALL headers in files must REMAIN UN-EDITED. However you may add a line Edits By: (author) if you do minor changes.

(THIS IS SO I CAN GET BUG REPORTS AND FIXES)

Once the mission is in a stable and feature complete state I will release the above Terms and you will be free to re-release the mission how you wish.

I built this for you to enjoy.

Work In Progress

TONS OF GOODIES!!!! :)

Download

Grab the version included with ALiVE http://alivemod.com/#Download

Preferred Downloads, will be hot-fixed:

You can also grab it from the Whiskey Company website http://whiskeycompany.net/

Armaholic mirror:

ALiVE Insurgency Revived Co-32 (@)

Whiskey Company 24/7 Dedicated ALiVE | Insurgency

Required Mods: CBA, ALiVE, ACRE2, AGM, AiATP, RHS

Allowed Mods: BLASTCORE, JSRS LITE, STMODS, and a few others.

b_560_95_1.png

Thanks To

All my fellow developers of ALiVE MOD. - You guys rock!

WhiskeyCompany - For the amount of shit I put my own group through :)

Raven Group - For countless hours of testing

Edited by Hazey
  • Like 1

Hey! ty for this one! just dont understand something! the part "works on almost all maps" ~ that mean that if i change the .pbo name from altis TO Takistan it will work on that map?

Thanks for the release....sounds great.

could you include instructions for people not familiar with Alive?

for example: how do I make it work on a certain island, do the other players need to have Alive installed to join the server with this mission etc.

Hey! ty for this one! just dont understand something! the part "works on almost all maps" ~ that mean that if i change the .pbo name from altis TO Takistan it will work on that map?

Well, I say it works on almost all maps because some maps don't have enter-able buildings. That means the cache would not find a place to spawn, etc.

As for changing the mission to another map yes, the scripts do not for the most part have any sort of hard coded map requirements. Meaning yes with very little modification you can just change it from .altis to .whatever; change the mission.sqm in the editor for a new base layout and fix the modules params to work better with the map. After that you just need to make 1 change in common_defines.sqf for INS_CTPLOCATIONS. Just define what ever building you want for CTP. Or just disable it in description.ext.

could you include instructions for people not familiar with Alive?

for example: how do I make it work on a certain island, do the other players need to have Alive installed to join the server with this mission etc.

Above in my first post you will see my signature. You can click on the youtube link to find all sorts of tutorials and videos on alive. Some of these might need some updating but should give you a general idea on how to operate ALiVE. Or you can click here

Nice Work!!

and, Are there any plan to contain PVP elements? I remenber that fireball's insurgency mission can join ofpor and spawn to AI

Hello, is it ok that red grids are still showing inside the blacklisted marker?

Yup, due to time constraints, we were not able to get the blacklist marker stuff into alive. I'll put in a task request.

Nice Work!!

and, Are there any plan to contain PVP elements? I remenber that fireball's insurgency mission can join ofpor and spawn to AI

Yes planned, probably around version 0.75

Yup, due to time constraints, we were not able to get the blacklist marker stuff into alive. I'll put in a task request.

Roger... One more thing, could you please explain this again?

Deny

Insurgents are using call to prayer's to hide sensitive guerilla movements. Seek out and destroy enemy call to prayer loudspeakers.

Roger... One more thing, could you please explain this again?

It's a WIP feature. Currently during prayer times. Morning/Mid-Morning/Noon/Mid-afternoon/Night these loud speakers will start broadcasting a call to prayer. You can either DENY the enemy the rights to CTP or you can choose to leave it. Killing a CTP tower will slowly destroy your reputation with the civilians as they use them as an actual prayer tower.

I have a bit of an odd question, if I wanted to make it to where there are enemies in every grid for sure instead of some of them being clear, how would I do that? If it's possible. I kinda want to turn this into a "terrorist hunt" sort of mission like in Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon.

Is the link down? I don't see a link to the mission. May be I am missing something..

I have a bit of an odd question, if I wanted to make it to where there are enemies in every grid for sure instead of some of them being clear, how would I do that? If it's possible. I kinda want to turn this into a "terrorist hunt" sort of mission like in Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon.

Hey, if you watch the ALIVE videos you will be able to add more to this mission by defining zones. I don't want to turn this in to (how great ALIVE is)... BUT its pretty cool.

Look forward to seeing this mission once back up! Thanks. And yes, if you are using ALIVE for 1st time or so and Altis, give it time to set up.

Is the link down? I don't see a link to the mission. May be I am missing something..

It's on the first post under download :p

It's on the first post under download :p

I knew I was missing something. Its an ALIVE mission with updated version. DARRRR!!!!!!

I knew I was missing something. Its an ALIVE mission with updated version. DARRRR!!!!!!

Haha, you can also directly download it form the link just below it.

been playing for 4 houers on altis test missions but no intel :/

• Like 1

been playing for 4 houers on altis test missions but no intel :/

Tweak parameters. I found two in 1h with standard parameters and like 10 with 30% drop chance (50 kills).

Tweak parameters. I found two in 1h with standard parameters and like 10 with 30% drop chance (50 kills).

Yup, do just this. Drop rates are based around 0 - 100%. 5% chance gives you around a 5/100 chance for Intel and so on. Luck plays a bit of a part as well in that equation.

Found a small issue with JIP and Grabbing Intel.

In common_defines.sqf

Change

//--- Start CACHE as a null object to avoid any init issues.
       CACHE = objNull;

To

if (isServer || isDedicated) then {
//--- Start CACHE as a null object to avoid any init issues.
CACHE = objNull;
};

Edited by Hazey

I have noticed that this Insurgency mission doesn't work with Bornholm. When you load the mission, it just hangs. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I have noticed that this Insurgency mission doesn't work with Bornholm. When you load the mission, it just hangs. Any ideas on how to fix it?

That's an issue with bornHolm all together. It's index is not correct inside of alive.

Sometimes respawn is blocked with "respawn disabled" for my friend. Is that bug? Because that number is not stable - sometimes after 2 deaths, sometimes after 3...