Sign in to follow this  
Erick-EZ

One shot, one kill mission issue with sniper gun.

Hello fellow ARMA players,

I have recently purchased ARMA II Combined Operations. So far i'm doing quite well for a newbie.

Though, something is bugging me. The mission that appealed to me most is the "One shot, one kill" mission.

So i started the mission, ran into some bad guys and shot them. Well, i tried to anyway... none of my bullets was doing damage. I did hit them all, so the shots were registering.

I could see the blood pouring out, but unloading a full mag of sniper ammo on them, or 2 mags does not kill them.

So i went and loaded another mission, same sniper rifle, and shot someone from a distance of 550m. 1 shot, in the chest and he instantly dies.

Now i know i can aim with this gun, and not failing miserably by not zeroing out and such beginner mistakes i start a new instance of the mission "One shot, one kill".

Same story, i engage the 3 hostiles that march the hills. None of them going down. Now i turn to my spotter and hit him in the head point blank. Blood pouring out, but he didn't even blink.

I unload 2 sniper mags into him, but nothing. Now i'm getting annoyed...

I take out my handgun, shoot him and he moans. Ok, that works... now i unload my pistol mag into him, and he dies. It's my sniper rifle bullets that are made of feathers, or i am still doing something terribly wrong!

Does any of you good people know what goes wrong here? Or is this a known bug...i googled about this but found nothing regarding this mission and known bugs.

Kind regards,

EZ

Is that the mission where you are supposed to kill the takistan officer?

If yes then you are supposed to AVOID any enemies that are NOT YOUR TARGET, not to kill them. By opening fire at them, you probably screwed the mission anyway, because your target would be probably alarmed, and will not show up, so if they die or not is not important.

I would gues that mision maker made the enemies you are not supposed to shoot, invincible, to prevent players from playing the mission RAMBO style. But im not sure because i never tried to fire at them. Only target i ever shot at in this mission, was the officer.

Arma is not Call of Duty, goal in this game is not to kill as many as you can, goal in this game is to complete the mission objective.

Allright, thank you Mirek :)

That explains why im not seeing that officer walking towards the heli anymore. Still weird that my handgun is able to kill them :)

I will go now and try to finish the job without targetting anyone else.

I have tried that mission many times and I can never find the officer.

It is long time i played it, but if i remember correctly there was some helipad to the right side of the enemy base, and if you not compromise yourself, the officer will show up there briefly. I played the mission several times before i found him.

Read the briefing carefully, and watch out for the HQ notifications.

Not sure what`s going on there Erick, but the sniper rifle you have in that mission will take down anybody in one shot. It`s not somehow crippled or set to cause no damage. I`ve literally just tried this very minute with a non-modded steam A2:CO install, and the rifle works as it should.