Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Insignia

Hi all,

Started this thread for the sharing / request of insignia designs. For those who don't already know, this great function can be called as follows. Not entirely sure this is the right place for such posts (I reasoned it was related to mission editing) - but, if a moderator feels it ought to be moved - my apologies in advance!

Anyhow, to start with, I've put together a badge for the UK special forces - the CTRG. You can download it here, along with the config data for your description.ext. I hope you guys enjoy!

193b0eb2-2b4a-48c1-bcc3-d372be99f3d6_zpsb8c90845.jpg

I also have badges for a CSAT group (similar to the BIS' Griffin motif), the FIA, and the Altis Police Department. If anyone would like them, just give me a shout and I'll add them!

Edited by Kydoimos

Good stuff and good idea!

Throwing in 38 insignia-sized country flags. All EU countries plus extra flags for Iceland, England, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Serbia, Bosnia And Herzegovina, FYROM, Albania and Montenegro. A bit too shiny though, they need an overhaul to actually look good. (Which I might do in a few days / weeks.) But it's a base to start from:

2015-02-20_00008p3p1p.jpg 2015-02-20_00009hhqjy.jpg 2015-02-20_00010ulpal.jpg 2015-02-20_00011c4okg.jpg

Download

Ah, great stuff chaps! Looking good! :D

I could always have a go with a few nationality patches if you like, chaps? Just let us know - got a bit of time free today and tomorrow! :D

@EpicGoldenWarrior - something like this?

Albania_Patch_zpsdc4fda58.png

Ah, that's a cool interpretation of the Albanian eagle(?)!

I've reduced the opacity, gave it a more textile look and added some dirt, looks a bit better now, still room for improvement though:

2015-02-24_00006dbpsw.jpg 2015-02-24_00007v7rrw.jpg 2015-02-24_00008qcqv7.jpg

Ah, that's a cool interpretation of the Albanian eagle(?)![/Quote]

lol, I swiped it off Wikipedia commons, then fiddled with it a bit! Wow, some countries have some really cool flags!

@PrivateEvans

Russian Spesnaz, 2035? I was thinking CSAT member state, great bear...

CSAT_Bear_Neutral_zps84a7a02c.png

or, if you prefer, in blue:

CSAT_Bear_zps2b7b3acc.png

Any good? Ah, I'm sure someone can do something with them!

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

And here's the texture if you'd like it for an ORBAT marker or something:

aafc6e1a-4a09-4b9c-9155-8c203361f128_zpsfbaef4a1.png

Edited by Kydoimos

The Albanian flags look amazing guys! So much better than mine lol. Will use when I get home, do you have the picture I can download?

P.S. If someone can find a perfect camo for like woodland so I can reskin units, that would be awesome. All the textures I find turn out like shet mostly.

The Albanian flags look amazing guys! So much better than mine lol. Will use when I get home, do you have the picture I can download?

P.S. If someone can find a perfect camo for like woodland so I can reskin units, that would be awesome. All the textures I find turn out like shet mostly.

Have you checked here?

Awesome, better way to skin than this setObjectTexture [0,"camo.jpg"] ? Like, maybe a template for body parts works better.

That's the only way to do it if you intend it to be mission based.

Otherwise you have to make a config, and that requires it to be an addon to load properly. The benefit is you can make your own preconfigured units this way and you don't have to script the skin in the mission anymore as you'd just place them in the editor.

Here's a new one for you, guys!

CSAT_Viper_zpsdhul9ffj.png

CSAT Viper Regiment!

ec8a7885-3f7d-43dc-b268-c2f3382427dd_zpspvsfmazk.png

Edited by Kydoimos

So, made a little mini-release of what we've got so far:

10c0dcdd-df19-4433-8d36-77faa8d67376_zpsb6huxrmr.jpg

• Like 2

i download the insignias today from armaholic but aren't in .paa format

Thanks for sending us the update of your pack :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Zukov - hi there! Yes, I realised I hadn't included the PAA format afterwards! Doh! There's the PAA converter in A3 tools if you need it - else, I can send you the PAAs of whatever you need. The PNG format might still work though - not sure. All the best, Kyd

@Foxhound - thanks matey! Great stuff!

@Zukov - hi there! Yes, I realised I hadn't included the PAA format afterwards! Doh! There's the PAA converter in A3 tools if you need it - else, I can send you the PAAs of whatever you need. The PNG format might still work though - not sure. All the best, Kyd

don't worry, i know how to work, in the author section i have to put Kydoimos ?

p.s. the paa format is the only way for the transparency

@Zukov - hiya matey, just got in from work and updated the file - if you re-download now from the Dropbox link you'll find the complete set of PAA files :D If you need any help - or even, if you'd like a whole new insignia design, give me a shout. I could work on it as and when I have some time!