twisted

All The Weapons

Is this mod only meant for the SP campaign? Cause when I use it, I'm pretty sure the mod changes my weapons too, or rather not my weapon but swaps out my ammo, at random times.

I play LAN MP missions so Server+Client.

The result is I have an assault rifle in my hand but the ammo is for sniper rifles, for example.

Yes, my class is marksman but I like to test weapons and switch them all the time.

hi. This mod is for MP and SP. All missions seem to work with it fine by my testing. This mod only initialises once per character, at which stage a variable is attached to that character that prevents the script running again for that character. so it should not swap out your ammo more than one time only (at the start of the map) and that ammo should be for the rifle/weapon your given.

• Like 1

I've been searching for something like this for ages. Even tried (failed somehow!) at making my own configs. Thanks for the useful addon. 

Quick question, is there a way I can exclude all members of my team or side from the weapon swapping? Reason being I am playing a mission where I want my side to have customised loadouts set in the editor, which persist each time I load the mission (using ALiVE persistence, not that it should make any difference). Again, great mod and thank you for making it!

Quick question, is there a way I can exclude all members of my team or side from the weapon swapping? Reason being I am playing a mission where I want my side to have customised loadouts set in the editor, which persist each time I load the mission (using ALiVE persistence, not that it should make any difference). Again, great mod and thank you for making it!

Cheers man. Glad to hear it is useful..

you can prevent individual units from having their weapons changed by using setvariable to set tws_isRearmed as true - ie you'd use

this setVariable ["tws_isRearmed", true, true];

in the unit's init box in the editor and then they'd keep their defualt load out.. of course you can simply use a script with foreach to do this for every member of your group. but just make sure to do it super early as there is less than a second delay before the weapons get changed out.

• Like 1

New version out.

adds compatibility to toadies newest weapon packs.

there are 2 versions:

1) tws_randWeaponsONLYAIWEAPONSCHANGE.pbo - which changes all AI weapons except yours. best for campiagns where you like to hold on to the weapons you have found. this is the DEFAULT.

2) tws_randWeaponsALLWEAPONSCHANGE.pbo - changes all weapons including yours. great for when you just want to use your addon weapons in every mission/scenario.

best to make sure you only have one of the above at any time in your @alltheweapons/Addons folder based on your preference.

also features a new version of Aimfix - a small addon which simply adjusts AI accuracy to more human like levels. Now I've added changes to other skill settings based on the AI rank. making privates much less efficient than higher ranks - especially when it comes to courage, and time to aim. The result is longer fire fights, more missing by AI, etc. Is in the Addons folder by default but simply delete aimfix.pbo if you dont want it.

• Like 2

Thank you for your help Twisted! And great to see you're keeping this up to date. Just played the ALiVE mission with the information you posted and it worked perfectly. Cheers again. 

Updated mod v2.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey twisted , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Small update for those running Release Candidate with eden editor or Dev Branch

seems the awesome Eden editor can run scripts inside it. So to prevent weapons changing while in the editor have updated it to use the isEden command to not run while editing. also updated aimfix in the same way.

• Like 1

Cheers Twisted. Small request, is there any chance of a userconfig so you could choose scope probability, suppressor probability etc.? 

Cheers Twisted. Small request, is there any chance of a userconfig so you could choose scope probability, suppressor probability etc.? 

I tried userconfigs when starting with this but it didnt seem to be working with the auto start technique im using. might look at it a little later. what would you be trying to accomplish with it? right now chance of attachment is based on soldier type. so sniper gets 100% chance of scope, spec ops 80%, grunts 20%, etc

No dramas, it's just so some guys don't end up with suppressors if they aren't SF. Can be a bit jarring to see some people having suppressors and lights in a group and not all. Not the end of the world at all if not though! 

Update.

Corrected compatibility issue. Now even more weapons packs including CUPS are read properly. Plus dead bodies no longer respawn weapons.

Please download and let me know of any bugs.

please delete older versions to prevent conflicts.

thanks!
  • Like 2

new version as per request.

Added respect for weapons original config. within reason as all scopes wont fit all weapons, etc - so if the original weapon has a suppressor on then the new replacement weapon will also try have one (it will be a random choice of which one though). Same for bipods, lasers, scopes.

• Like 1

new version as per request.

Added respect for weapons original config. within reason as all scopes wont fit all weapons, etc - so if the original weapon has a suppressor on then the new replacement weapon will also try have one (it will be a random choice of which one though). Same for bipods, lasers, scopes.

This is awesome, much better than the solution I had in my head. Great work Twisted. Cheers!

This mod still working? Works on MP? I am playing antistasi with SMA and need to use the weapons on Spawned AI's.

A config hpp file to define how weapon replacement works should be good.

I downloaded this mod because I wanted to be able to use the Marksmen weapons in the main Arma 3 campaign.

The problem now is that many of the AAF and FIA soldiers are spawning with the newly added Apex Weapons which I don't own.

Is there a way to put in a check so that the mod will not spawn weapons that belong to expansions the player doesn't own?

Also, right now the mod seems to completely override any Vanilla weapon it has an alternative for, is this intentional or will the mod sometimes spawn vanilla weapons as well? I mean, how can you call it "All the weapons" if it automatically removes all the weapons that come in the base game ;)

• Like 1

Love this mod, really mixes things up with my add on weapons.   

Anyone getting an issue where sometimes AR's spawn with LRS on them, instead of proper optics.    Maybe its not an issue and just the way its suppose to be?

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

i took a break from Arma3 after the release of Tanoa, but am getting back into enjoying the game.

@flymaker. I've tested it with the great SMA pack and it should work fine. I'll sign the PBO over the next day or so to help with signed servers.

@discojedi, I have no idea currently how to stop that. And am surprised it is happening as i havent updated it to use Apex weapons. I'll think about a solution and try sort it out. maybe bis has a function that can check if the weapon is part of owned DLC or not.

@dkell3. Thanks man. Scopes are selected at random. that is intended. with the wide range of great 3rd party scopes its hard to ensure only certain ones spawn on ARs.

Next step. I'm trying to find a weapons list from Apex expansion and then will update the weapons table. Then will release another version.

• Like 3

***bump***

Please do not "bump" posts.It is against forum rules.Thanks :)