twisted

All The Weapons

Hey twisted!

your mod is awesome!

I have a question though.

On the details about the "Alt 1" on the first post you said:

"It also changes headgear according to side (much less sci-fi helmets) plus fixes the ai accuracy to be within more human like values as discovered in the dev branch forums."

So, you mean that you are changing the AI accuracy of the CSAT bugheads?

Sorry but I didn't find any information of what you are talking on the dev branch forum.

If I may suggest you to make a version of the "Alt 1" without any AI accuracy change.

because there are other mods dedicated only to the AI behavior that I'm afraid they will be affected by yours.

I Love your work here.

A simple but great Idea!

Thanks.

Hey twisted!

your mod is awesome!

I have a question though.

On the details about the "Alt 1" on the first post you said:

"It also changes headgear according to side (much less sci-fi helmets) plus fixes the ai accuracy to be within more human like values as discovered in the dev branch forums."

So, you mean that you are changing the AI accuracy of the CSAT bugheads?

Sorry but I didn't find any information of what you are talking on the dev branch forum.

If I may suggest you to make a version of the "Alt 1" without any AI accuracy change.

because there are other mods dedicated only to the AI behavior that I'm afraid they will be affected by yours.

I Love your work here.

A simple but great Idea!

Thanks.

Thanks. I'll post a version like that tonight. Here https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd3y6eqeaiq4m0p/tws_randWeapons.pbo?dl=0 is just the pbo thats like alt 1 withou t accuracy change, replace the exisitng pbo in the addon folder to use it. will be included in next update coming soonish. Im trying to get a user config working so then you can set all these things yourself. But that is somehow trickier than it should be.

PS, all the ai accuracy fix does is check if ai accuracy is greater than 0.35 which had been determined to be the upper limit of what elite human skill is like. If it is then it's set to a value a little less than that. Just to get rid of the inhuman head shotting ai. But yes it is out of scope of this mod and will be disabled across the board by default.

heres the fantastic post with this info

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159710-AI-Discussion-(dev-branch)&p=2842083&viewfull=1#post2842083

Edited by twisted

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks. I'll post a version like that tonight. Here https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd3y6eqeaiq4m0p/tws_randWeapons.pbo?dl=0 is just the pbo thats like alt 1 withou t accuracy change, replace the exisitng pbo in the addon folder to use it. will be included in next update coming soonish. Im trying to get a user config working so then you can set all these things yourself. But that is somehow trickier than it should be.

PS, all the ai accuracy fix does is check if ai accuracy is greater than 0.35 which had been determined to be the upper limit of what elite human skill is like. If it is then it's set to a value a little less than that. Just to get rid of the inhuman head shotting ai. But yes it is out of scope of this mod and will be disabled across the board by default.

heres the fantastic post with this info

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159710-AI-Discussion-(dev-branch)&p=2842083&viewfull=1#post2842083

hmmm... very interesting!

You could make a separated addon for this.

I don't think the others AI behavior mods handle this accuracy boundary.

thanks for the reply and keep up the good work mate!

hmmm... very interesting!

You could make a separated addon for this.

I don't think the others AI behavior mods handle this accuracy boundary.

thanks for the reply and keep up the good work mate!

+1, cus right now the AI (after 1.40) even with AI mods they are dead accurate... I thought it was challenging but after 7 retries on a recruit campaign mission I´m feeling quite frustated!

I like your randomization mod, but the only option that tweaks Ai also messes with headgear and NVGs so I´m not using it...

please, release the Ai tweaked mod separate or update your mod to v1.4 with userconfig so we can choose which features we want on or off =)

cheers!

;2896977']+1' date=' cus right now the AI (after 1.40) even with AI mods they are dead accurate... I thought it was challenging but after 7 retries on a recruit campaign mission I´m feeling quite frustated!

I like your randomization mod, but the only option that tweaks Ai also messes with headgear and NVGs so I´m not using it...

please, release the Ai tweaked mod separate or update your mod to v1.4 with userconfig so we can choose which features we want on or off =)

cheers![/quote']

sorry am out of country so did not see this until i got a better internet.

will do. the userconfig thing is not coming together but i'll release a version that offers just weapon changes and ai accuarcy tweaks. expect it next weekend when i get back .

new release.

version 1.5

Fixed compatibility with ASDG JR. very big deal. More scope. More forward compatibily. Thanks Robalo.

Bipod compatibility. You most likely need DEV branch or release candidate. its got working bipods and deployment so what are you waiting for?

added seperate ai accuracy fix in addon folder. delete it in your addons directory if you prefer insanely accurate AI.

Hats and NVG are not touch

Weapons are equipped by soldier type. Snipers get sniper rifles, Machinegunners get machinge guns, etc. this is experiemental so let me know if it stuffs up but it works well for me in my testing so far and allows me to also ensure snipers have a scope ALL the time. only trick is what scope because sometimes you get an arco. but that's the way it is right now when you have scopes being chosen at random with no way to access information on what maginafication each scope ingame is (at least i know of no way to do so).

https://mega.co.nz/#!axlVUSDY!b7ygL9fx4C9iim5nqL_2UCMv0dtBAB78is2mcAUXyKY

Edited by twisted

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

small update. 1.5b

1.5b give you options by adding two folders.

one where the player weapon changes every mission and one where it stays the same. AI weapons always change. Pick which option you want and then drag the file called tws_randWeapons.pbo from that folder into @alltheweapons15b/addons and over write the old file there.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ipszABBC!pBd3VsjgPLovCWimRJ2ZP8BfScDTfo5M_Hj47-zs4DA

What do these weapons look like? No screens? Are they low or high quality?

Thanks

What do these weapons look like? No screens? Are they low or high quality?

Thanks

This mod doesn´t add guns, it just replaces vanilla weapons for modded weapons, according to side (OPfor gets AKs, IND gets fals and HKs ang NATO M4s/G36s etc) from whichever big weapon pack you have running along (massi´s, rhs, RH, ericJs, toadies etc)

[EDIT] @Twisted - it seems the new config erases any medical suply and I´ve seen a combat life saver with a heavy sniper =( (using v .15b)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

nice work but I just noticed that many AIs had no any scopes, even if they had sniper rifles, so maybe I should enable @ASDJ attachments too?

also it would be nice if you add support to showcase missions too.

thx

;2912576']This mod doesn´t add guns' date=' it just replaces vanilla weapons for modded weapons, according to side (OPfor gets AKs, IND gets fals and HKs ang NATO M4s/G36s etc) from whichever big weapon pack you have running along (massi´s, rhs, RH, ericJs, toadies etc)

[EDIT'] @Twisted - it seems the new config erases any medical suply and I´ve seen a combat life saver with a heavy sniper =( (using v .15b)

cheers!

darn removalallweapons gets rids of medic packs and similar. fixed. weapons allocation based on class is still ongoing but i should have that sorted in a while.

here's the updated version.

15.c

https://mega.co.nz/#!n0tHCZhY!JnC6sDUtCJ1F-KeAtINITRTfsqWxeyXeyjj-oHFeEaQ

please let me know if there are any other issues.

EDIT - i saw one person (Poet on armaholic) say that this mod makes sides fight each other. it does not. the only thing that changes are the weapons they use. I've been very careful to ensure this. this mod changes default weapons to any mod weapons you may be using and so breathes new life in SP and Campign. I have tested it a lot.

Edited by twisted

nice work but I just noticed that many AIs had no any scopes, even if they had sniper rifles, so maybe I should enable @ASDJ attachments too?

also it would be nice if you add support to showcase missions too.

thx

Hi, AI get 100% chance of getting a scope when markmen or snipers. If they are not sniper/marksmen then that chance is only 80% for soldiers and 60% for machinegunners.

What do you mean the showcase missions? they should work just fine as i regularly play combined arms and many others. in fact any SP mission should work just out the box. Can you give more details so i can find the issue and try fix it?

Hi, AI get 100% chance of getting a scope when markmen or snipers. If they are not sniper/marksmen then that chance is only 80% for soldiers and 60% for machinegunners.

What do you mean the showcase missions? they should work just fine as i regularly play combined arms and many others. in fact any SP mission should work just out the box. Can you give more details so i can find the issue and try fix it?

Hey Twisted, I know it may be frustating, but I´m playing (again just to test out your mod) the East Wind campaign and NATO as well as AAf bots are being issued with AKs (massi´s, sudden´s, toadies, etc), on the second mission I got a M4, but all the rest (even the nato friendlies are issued with AKs)

(On the other hand) The AI mod is working great and the medical as well as other equipments aren´t being randomised, so its great... but why not try to replace specific loadouts for others? (like those replacement packs from A2 and the ARMSCOR for A3 did) like MXC gets replaced by random _M4s, MX by M16s and MXM by M249 and MMX by M2020 etc... could save the hassle of coding complicated side detections that seems to be failing on the campaign =P

cheers!

I played infantry showcase mission with your mod and cup, but all of us had same vanilla MX rifle. maybe I should check it again after your new update.

thx anyway.

I played infantry showcase mission with your mod and cup, but all of us had same vanilla MX rifle. maybe I should check it again after your new update.

thx anyway.

makes sense. remember there are 2 versions in my mod. one which gives you persistent weapons (in other words your weapon doesn't change but the AI weapons change). This is to let you collect weapons in a campiagn and then keep them. this is the default. If this is the case check if the AI have different weapons (i use hlc & Rober Hammer mods a lot and enjoy the opfor having ak's and my side have m16/m4 and more. CUP sand EricJ's and Massi's and many other mods all work nicely as well.)

Then there is the other version that always changes your weapon out at the beginning of a new mission . this is made primarily for showcases and single missions.

You can swap them out by copying the file inside the relevant folder inside @alltheweaponsdolder and pasting it into your @alltheweapons/addon folder.

Hope that helps.

oh, and it isn't MP compatible yet (you say all of us had the same rifle). That's my next step once im sure most of the SP bugs have been ironed out. You can try it, but no gurantees. (Ive tried in the showcase on LAN and it worked but you need to ensure all users have same mods). But I will focus on MP/coop soon.

if you want to experience it in MP try out my mission call Town Ops.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190504-Town-Ops-%28alpha%29-PvP-CoOp-PvE

Here all your weapons are chosen based on the addons you have plus the same for vechile packs. RHS is epic in this case.

Edited by twisted

;2914010']Hey Twisted' date=' I know it may be frustating, but I´m playing (again just to test out your mod) the East Wind campaign and NATO as well as AAf bots are being issued with AKs (massi´s, sudden´s, toadies, etc), on the second mission I got a M4, but all the rest (even the nato friendlies are issued with AKs)

(On the other hand) The AI mod is working great and the medical as well as other equipments aren´t being randomised, so its great... but why not try to replace specific loadouts for others? (like those replacement packs from A2 and the ARMSCOR for A3 did) like MXC gets replaced by random _M4s, MX by M16s and MXM by M249 and MMX by M2020 etc... could save the hassle of coding complicated side detections that seems to be failing on the campaign =P

cheers![/quote']

Thanks for explaining.

As far as I can tell that mix of weapons is because your side is NATO but the aaf are independent and so are armed accordingly. Which is working as planned.

I'll add armscor compatibility this weekend.

I am instituting class types (first iteration is in and send to be working fine) which I'll refine, hopefully that'll be good for you. But I don't see myself doing specific weapon replacing. Not fur a while, if ever, the point of this mod is a more general replacement mod that spans a very wide variety of weapons addins out there.

Edited by twisted

A test version of mp compatible all the weapons is here. please do not mirror.

Note this is a single pbo that replaces all the weapons by defualt in MP and SP. the addon must be running on the server. all players joining the server must have the same addons. please let me know if there are any issues other than my atrocious spelling.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XttiQBwR!P4uVYQ35bZmaPgP9U5Bdxi_UmORFXcgOAucXIdYNcPQ

ps - Corporal_Lib[bR] if you want armscor compatability could you please paste the weapon classnames from that mod in this thread? then I'll incorporate them. Cheers

ps - Corporal_Lib[bR] if you want armscor compatability could you please paste the weapon classnames from that mod in this thread? then I'll incorporate them. Cheers

Nope, you´ve misundertand me... I was simply using ARMSCOR replacement pack as an EXAMPLE, cus the mod was released with that replacement as optional pbo

I was saying if you could use that as a template and create a NATO/OPFOR/INDFOR/INSURGENT replacement but as you´ve said, after my post, it would kill the meaning of this mod: which is to randomize loadouts (yet following some rules, like M4 to NATO, als to opfor, etc)

I haven´t used your AI tweak since the update dlc v1.42 (I´ve been fidling with ACE3, so I haven´t played campaigns and such to use it), it is still working, right?

cheers!