Sign in to follow this  
blckeagls

ArmA 3 Resource War Announced! (Open Pre-Alpha)

Hello All!

Today I released my public pre-alpha version of Arma 3 Resource War. This mod has many features such as crafting and base building. It is a persistent world where user data is saved to the database and is an open world sandbox.

The idea is to take over "select" resource locations on the map to control. You can then build your base around these resource locations and gather resources. Then you can use these resources to craft just about all items there are in the game. We have a real-world supply/demand economy where players set the price of their items for sale at the traders. The seller gets paid once a buy purchases their items.

We are in a pre-alpha to get some people to on to play and help improve this mod. We are a small team of 2 people building this and need the support of people who love out idea to help the improvement and bug fixing.

For more information and download, check out http://www.a3resourcewar.com

UPDATED RELEASE: 0.2.2

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90Un0wUV4P7WHh6WmdKd3dySG8/view?usp=sharing

http://www.zombieville.com/downloads/A3RW_ClientFiles_0.2.2.zip

https://s3.amazonaws.com/a3clientfiles/A3RW_ClientFiles_0.2.2.zip

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{SnNsWUJlYzJFSjdUSVk4TG93QTRvUHhCY0U5REh6Nlkza21xMSt4MWNDbGZ5aHkwam5aNTVuT04vV2pFVlVSTWE2L0YvN3Q2dVN3djJQV2JJc3ZHUGxDaVJXeE4xb0srbVo0Tk9EbGJzbjdFMUJSd3kwRVRtNmlVcXc5YVNPRDA=}

Thanks!

Edited by blckeagls

Cool concept.

I've been working privately on something very similar to this with an added mechanic of faction-based territorial control but I've been struggling with balance issues. Invariably the mission always ends with a group of people achieving total control of the map and I end up having to wipe and start over again.

And the other issue I had during test runs is nobody likes to grind. If the raw materials which go into the crafting system aren't easy to gather, people generally won't stick around and play for very long.

Good luck with your project. If you get any further along in the development work I might come play.

I understand the grind issue.. The grind is more apparent with less players as there are not a lot of players selling stuff for people to buy. Also the design is to encourage players to sell resources (to earn money to buy base defense) which also removes money from the total economy. Also, every one starts off with $1,000,000 dollars. The only way to get more is through selling resources (which just transfers money between players), new players (an additional $1,000,000 to the total economy), and recycling resources (not ideal to do, but can give quick money).

But the less players safer it is to gather different resources as many resource locations are open, and less likely players are to attack you.

It works like this: players take over resource locations. now that resource is harder to get.. more locations that are taken over the harder it is to mine resources, so you go to the trader to buy it (since it's easier and faster). To build certain items, you will need more than just your own resource, so you will need to sell resources to earn money to buy other peoples resources. and the cycle continues. Or you can be a bandit and raid peoples base and take their resources or set up ambushes to take peoples stuff as they are driving along.

The possibilities are up to your imagination.

But we would love everyone to come check it out, we think you will like it. We are also open to suggestions to add new content or improve the system. So please come and try it out and give us your opinion and suggestions to improve. We want this to be a mod for everyone. Also, if you like base building, we spent tons of time to make the base building as easy as possible to build and have a good looking base with building snapping and 360º 3-Dimensional building.

Hope to see you in there.

Hello All,

We have released our open alpha mod for Arma 3. This mod is called Resource War, well because it is a war over resources.

This is an open sandbox environment with base building, resource gathering, and a complete crafting system.

What makes this mod so great:

Base Building (Build a base from scratch, walls, floors, storage areas)

Crafting System (Everything in the game was crafted by another player)

Player Driven Economy (Player set the price of items for sale)

Auction House Style Traders (Set price and quantity of items/resources you crafted for sale)

Persistent Database (Everything is saved after restarts)

Ability to capture resource locations (90+ different resource locations to capture and hold)

Hire-able NPC to guard your base (AI units that can guard your base)

What we want: We want a fun environment for teamwork and PVP. We have a few features that are being worked on for the BETA version such as a proficiency system. We are open to the communities ideas on how to improve the game and add additional content, so if you have any suggestions we want to hear from you!

For more information about this mod or to download, head over to http://www.a3resourcewar.com

Direct Download Links:

http://www.a3resourcewar.com (on homepage)

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{SnNsWUJlYzJFSjdUSVk4TG93QTRvUHhCY0U5REh6Nlkza21xMSt4MWNDbGZ5aHkwam5aNTVuT04vV2pFVlVSTWE2L0YvN3Q2dVN3djJQV2JJc3ZHUGxDaVJXeE4xb0srbVo0Tk9EbGJzbjdFMUJSd3kwRVRtNmlVcXc5YVNPRDA=}

Steps:

1. Download mod from one of the above links.

2. Extract (Unzip) the @A3ResourceWar folder to your Arma 3 Folder (Generally located @ c:\program files\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\)

3. Click the Launch Game link

Start client with:

-nosplash -skipintro -mod=@A3ResourceWar; -connect=38.130.209.159 -port=2320

Direct Game Launch Link: Launch Game (Must Download mod to join)

Server IP: 38.130.209.159:2320

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

flag.jpg

floors.jpg

sample 1

trader city

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

I might be live streaming if you want a preview:

http://www.twitch.tv/blckeagls1

Edited by blckeagls

New mod v1.0-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@blckeagls;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Edited by kecharles28

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Hey, great idea. Is it possible to aktivate just the base building? Because, there is no Special and good basebuildingmod or script.

I'm liking the premise of this mod! I've got it downloaded but when I try to run it, I'm receiving a crash and this error: Include File A3ResourceWarCl\Diaglogs\hpp\ResourceCost.hpp not found. I get this error when I select my slot and attempt to play on the server.

EDIT: I used the download link in the post above (version 0.1.11) rather than the Armaholic link (0.1.5) and it let me on the server without a crash.

Edited by RC Ironside

Sorry about that.. It was just bad timing. We have version 0.1.12 out now. You joined right on an update.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

** Note:

** Note:

How very interesting. I can see it now, Command and Conquer Reborn :D Or maybe Fallout Online???

** Note:

Version Upate (0.2.7):

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B90Un0wUV4P7cHRxakIySTJETDQ&export=download

http://www.zombieville.com/downloads/A3RW_ClientFiles_0.2.7.zip

https://s3.amazonaws.com/a3clientfiles/A3RW_ClientFiles_0.2.7.zip

Change Log:

- Allowed Group Member to delete your building pieces

- Added: Sandbag Walls, H-Barrier Walls, and Razorwire

- Fixed Saving of ammo on players and vehicles. Now saves ammo count

Thanks for sending us the newest release again :cool:

** Note:

Interesting concept, is it strictly a multiplayer thing or could the functionality be applied to SP or PVE - type scenarios?

Ad of right now it's strictly multiplayer with a database backend. There are elements within that I can see being useful for a SP or PVE