Sign in to follow this  
masterfulninja

Script AI to drop folded tripod

Ive found a little bit of info online about this but when i tried to implement it all i get is the animation of the guy dropping the bag and then no bag on the ground. Im trying to script a HMG to be set up. Am i using the wrong class name?

EDIT: Im playing the independent side if that makes any difference.

man2 action ["dropBag", "B_HMG_01_support_F"];

Ive found a little bit of info online about this but when i tried to implement it all i get is the animation of the guy dropping the bag and then no bag on the ground. Im trying to script a HMG to be set up. Am i using the wrong class name?

EDIT: Im playing the independent side if that makes any difference.

man2 action ["dropBag", "B_HMG_01_support_F"];

The B in the class name represents BluFor (NATO) and may not work.

Try I for independent.

ive just tried that and I still get the animation only. He has a pack on his back and no pack on the ground.

EDIT: After trying several times Ive discovered he occasionally does remove the backpack but it just dissapears. maybe 1 activation out of 4 or 5 he removes the pack.

gwh = "GroundWeaponHolder" createVehicle position man2_1; man2_1 action ["DropBag", gwh, typeOf unitBackpack man2_1];

thats the code im trying now. it always triggers animations and sometimes he loses the pack. Ive discovered the pack does land on the ground in the random times he actually does remove it but its several meters away.

Edited by masterfulninja

i got it, putBag instead of dropBag and it lands right at his feet just like it should. Now on to getting the gunner to assemble the weapon lol.

I should have mentioned the description in the function webpage is wrong it is to unpack and setup a static weapon. I have used it and it works hence my suggestion.