Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBlue

Why is there no ak47 in default Arma3?

Just wondering if there's a specific reason for this.

I own an ak47 and love it, but in arma 3 there doesn't seem to be an ak47 or even any russian rifles.

Anyone know if there's a specific reason that it isn't included?

IIRC there are 3 weapons in the game that are russian made - Rook 40 (MP-443 Grach) , Rahim 7.62 (VS-121) and the RPG-42 (RPG-32)

also in Marksmen DLC - there's a futuristic version of VSS

I expect some modern AK in the expansion more likely

IIRC there's 3 weapons in the game that are russian made - Rook 40 (MP-443 Grach) , Rahim 7.62 (VS-121) and the RPG-42 (RPG-32)

also in Marksmen DLC - there's a futuristic version of VSS

I expect some modern AK in the expansion more likely

Where can i check the things that are in the Marksmen dlc?

Just wondering if there's a specific reason for this.

I own an ak47 and love it, but in arma 3 there doesn't seem to be an ak47 or even any russian rifles.

Anyone know if there's a specific reason that it isn't included?

They decided to go with "da future" because it meant no licencing fees and less effort when it came to weapon creation. Thus why the Main player faction has an inventory mostly consisting of one fictional weapon chopped up over and over again.

Almost every game and their mothers have some variation of an AK-47 in them. Even if BI had included one, as was seen in Arma 2, the community will make their own models to replace them. So instead, the devs might have made the decision to go with "futuristic" weapons that wouldn't be made, knowing that the community will build the AKs and M-16/M-4s anways, and separate themselves from the competition.

so that i have the opportunity to make one ;)