Sign in to follow this  
qantaqa1987

Long range engagement.

Doesn't bullet spread parameter already do enough variation? It's just small so you might haven't seen that.

Doesn't bullet spread parameter already do enough variation? It's just small so you might haven't seen that.

In real life the bullet spread happens do to recoil and a more rapid pace fire, since the muzzle moves the first point of aim would shift up and down, and that don't actually gives a variation in the bullet ballistic coefficient to cause a realistic manner for which would be able to accurately re-create a transonic problem, and it would either not happen, or happen all the times with engaging targets over a certain distance, and not be something that can or cannot happen

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 ----------

Been a while since i could actually debate something and i feel refreshed now, thank you folks

Ckrauslo: You should check out this mod if you haven't already: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-%28WIP%29

I know some of the other guys here know about it already :)

I'm aware, i actually was one of the first to congrat rutherberg, and i also pointed out few things to him, and he done brilliantly well to figure things out from pointers that came from shooters in the community, as well as his researches.

But thanks brisse, you were kind

Since I feel that this somehow belongs in here regarding the title of the topic I was wondering if we will be able to see a shooters bullet impact farther than 1000m as it is now, since it makes the role of a spotter very frustrating this way. Even if you're not using advanced ballistics having the spotter able to see where a bullet hits is somewhat essential. Maybe tie it to the object draw distance?

I used to make sniper shots over 1200 meters and would be able to see the splash depending on the surface the bullet would hit

I used to make sniper shots over 1200 meters and would be able to see the splash depending on the surface the bullet would hit

Very good point. The impacts need to be bigger and lost longer.

yes, the shooter can see his impacts for miles, but not any other person. If my Sniper shoots at a target 2000m away and misses He can see his impact. But if I sit next to him looking at the same target throught Rangerfinder or whatever I am not able to see the impact if range > 1000m, that is my problem.

yes, the shooter can see his impacts for miles, but not any other person. If my Sniper shoots at a target 2000m away and misses He can see his impact. But if I sit next to him looking at the same target throught Rangerfinder or whatever I am not able to see the impact if range > 1000m, that is my problem.

You know as much as you are really close from him you might be in a different angle... about being able to see impacts from "miles" i know you are trying to make a point but don't exaggerate that much with a 16x50mm scope you have problems even seeing your target over 1400 meters , and scopes in this magnification are a bit more common than the 25 or 24x scopes, as for my previous comment i was meaning in game, i could see the bullet "Splash" depending much on the surface, sand or dirt surface will always give more splash, but that also depends on what scope you are using in game, and if your sniper that makes the 2k shot have more draw distance, object view distance and shadow view distance than you

Making long range shooing mostly Dependent on external factors is actually ignoring the sone of the trickiest parts, the actual shooting process a marksman goes through.

is a video; it shows how big the impacts are even at that range (3km in that case). Maybe BI could figure out a way to render your own bullet hit splashes further, just for the shooter? or for your squadmates?

is a video; it shows how big the impacts are even at that range (3km in that case). Maybe BI could figure out a way to render your own bullet hit splashes further, just for the shooter? or for your squadmates?

Again surface of the hit, the power of scope you are using, in this case it's a camera...

Again surface of the hit, the power of scope you are using, in this case it's a camera...

Very true, something I have been saying for a long time, bullet impacts are generally no where big enough/dusty enough in the arma series.