Αplion

HAFM NH90 Helicopter

Links updated ... thanks guys ..

Awesome work Aplion, It looks great and flies really well. Very useful. Thank you very much!

Am i wrong or is your folder really called "@HAFM_A3"?

This would replace the existing folder containing "acc", "crates", "units", "units_blu", "weapons" and not the @HAFM_NH90 folder.

This would replace the existing folder containing "acc", "crates", "units", "units_blu", "weapons" and not the @HAFM_NH90 folder.

rename it @hafm_nh90, if you update from playwithsix stays on his own folder...

---------- Post added at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

the sling loading has bugs :)

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/SjWkVhcqWv.jpg (212 kB)

sling loading is fine for me .no bugs

tested with B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F , B_Quadbike_01_F , B_Lifeboat , B_SDV_01_F.....

Edited by dragonsyr

I believe that I've never had any @HAFM_NH90 modfolder (have a look also to my previous update ... the modfolder was the same as this one) .. but in any case anyone have created any other modfolder easily can replace manually just the pbo and bisign files.

But again I must ask ... is that causing any issues to anyone using the playwithsix ?

NOTE: see what dragonsyr wrote above about that.

Edited by Aplion

Great work on the update, love the new marine version. Just looks very colourful next to the others. But that's just my opinion. Having a camo helicopter on open seas is not the best idea I guess. :P Looking forward to future updates!

Great work on the update, love the new marine version. Just looks very colourful next to the others. But that's just my opinion. Having a camo helicopter on open seas is not the best idea I guess. :P Looking forward to future updates!

http://www.meretmarine.com/objets/27937.jpg

:) :)

the sling loading has bugs :)

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/SjWkVhcqWv.jpg (212 kB)

First of all ... I believe that the vehicle you are trying to load is too heavy ... try the same with an infrit or a hammer .. practically these two vehicles are the maximum weight vehicles which this chopper can carry.

Also ... in this screenshot ... I can see that you are testing the chopper in ArmA 2 Chernarus (imported) ... don't do that mate ... there are still many bugs on this import !!

There is no similar issues in vanilla A3 game so case is closed for me at the moment.

Edited by Aplion

About the folders, i know how to handle them. I was thinking of ppl who might not know and dont use PWS. All cool with PWS tho ;)

Another thing:

you added

numberPhysicalWheels = 3;

and also the sounds, but it seems like you forgot to add

driveOnComponent[] = {"Wheels"};

to

class NH90: Helicopter_Base_H

after

model = "\HAFM_NH90\NH90.p3d";

in line 171. So the heli is still like nailed on the ground, even landing at 50km/h. I hope you add this to your next update. It's not a gamebreaker but a nice to have feature ;)

About the folders, i know how to handle them. I was thinking of ppl who might not know and dont use PWS. All cool with PWS tho ;)

Another thing:

you added

numberPhysicalWheels = 3;

and also the sounds, but it seems like you forgot to add

driveOnComponent[] = {"Wheels"};

to

class NH90: Helicopter_Base_H

after

model = "\HAFM_NH90\NH90.p3d";

in line 171. So the heli is still like nailed on the ground, even landing at 50km/h. I hope you add this to your next update. It's not a gamebreaker but a nice to have feature ;)

Ofcourse will be fixed at next update mate, thanks for point me though.

Hey Aplion, im getting the same thing as GamerOnkel

When picking up certain vehicle with sling loading your tail rotor will break if you are moving at a speed faster than 5km/h as the ropes attach.

I tested it with all versions of the Helicopter on a Hunter, Strider, Ifrit and a Kamaz. Tail rotor broke doing it on the Hunter and Strider but no problems with Ifrit and Kamaz. It looks like the back left wire hits the tail rotor (i have seen that specific wire snap a few times)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476013095/1F9C42BF82DF2FFAD735DC7028574AEB653B271D/

Hey Aplion, im getting the same thing as GamerOnkel

When picking up certain vehicle with sling loading your tail rotor will break if you are moving at a speed faster than 5km/h as the ropes attach.

I tested it with all versions of the Helicopter on a Hunter, Strider, Ifrit and a Kamaz. Tail rotor broke doing it on the Hunter and Strider but no problems with Ifrit and Kamaz. It looks like the back left wire hits the tail rotor (i have seen that specific wire snap a few times)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476013095/1F9C42BF82DF2FFAD735DC7028574AEB653B271D/

ok ... even if I believe that this might caused during some special condition, I'll double check it and I'll see what can be done ... honestly right now I've no clue of what may causing this or how to fix it ... so any suggestions are welcome.

btw ... I've tried to reproduce that situation but to me everything works fine as you can see.

http://prntscr.com/6ljase

http://prntscr.com/6ljb9i

Edited by Aplion

Upcoming on next update:

- Firing From Vehicles implementation (four positions on Transport - Marine variants and two positions on Armed variant).

- Addon will now come under "@HAFM_NH90" mod-folder for better use with PWS (in case anyone uses the "@HAFM_A3" mod-folder has to remove it from there).

Hello,

we're still having trouble with tail rotor failures during sling loading or when people walk around the rear. It doesnt happen all the time, but typically a couple of times over 3h missions when the NH90 is being used intensively.

Using AGM with most modules, and a lot of content addons. Classic flight model.

Mission was MCC. We could try to do a test with no addons but unfortunately the bug only happens sporadically. For the moment we'll be instructing people to use the side doors as much as possible, and restrict sling loading to the Merlin.

i think that Aplion has moved the sling load point to the center of the model , so wait for the new update (when is ready)

So far despite any test I've made, I was unable to reproduce such situation as boozdeuvash describes. The slingload point is near to heli CG in order to have as possible neutral affect during flight by the loaded vehicle weight.

In case I understood well, boozdeuvash said that some times the problem caused when a cable snap hitting the tail rotor ... but how is possible for a cable to snap ? after all these cables and the whole slingload operation are default BIS code !!

Anyway I'll keep looking on that.

I must say i had this problem yesterday. Slingloading a Hunter and the same moment the cargo attached the tailrotor failed. Mods: @HAFM_NH90, @TF47_NH90 and @CBA_A3. I tried it later on with @HAFM_NH90 and the rotor failed again.

Something different:

I was asking Kimi if it's possible to integrate the NH90 to is Helmet Mounted Display Mod

This is the answer he gave me:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by audiocustoms viewpost-right.png

I don't know if it has been asked before, but can i get it to work with a mod heli like NH90?

Unless the author of that mod (Aplion) and myself agree upon doing so, you won't be able to use it in that aircraft.

Any chance we will see the NH90 supported by the HMD Mod?

Cheers

Edited by audiocustoms