Αplion

HAFM NH90 Helicopter

I must say i had this problem yesterday. Slingloading a Hunter and the same moment the cargo attached the tailrotor failed. Mods: @HAFM_NH90, @TF47_NH90 and @CBA_A3. I tried it later on with @HAFM_NH90 and the rotor failed again.

Something different:

I was asking Kimi if it's possible to integrate the NH90 to is Helmet Mounted Display Mod

This is the answer he gave me:

Any chance we will see the NH90 supported by the HMD Mod?

Cheers

As I said I'll keep looking about the failed tail rotor issue during slingload ... thanks for the feedback mate.

Now about the HMD mod ... I'll be glad to have it on my NH90 as well as on my new chopper EC-635 (WIP) but as the author said he has to agree on that also. I'll sent him a PM later on and will see about.

Now about the HMD mod ... I'll be glad to have it on my NH90 as well as on my new chopper EC-635 (WIP) but as the author said he has to agree on that also. I'll sent him a PM later on and will see about.

Thx the effort! The armaverse is hoping for the best ;)

Didnt the Taru have a similar issue at release with the sling loading causing various rotor failures?

Didnt the Taru have a similar issue at release with the sling loading causing various rotor failures?

Thats the point mate ... some people have that issue and most don't ... I'm keep looking on what may cause that but so far I can't even reproduce the mentioned issue ... I'll keep searching ... that is the least I can do.

Nice to hear about working with Kimi. Would be cool if you could implement the BW Skins directly in your mod, like the one from HAFM NH90 Bundeswehr Retexture by audiocustoms. If he would agree, it would be a nice addition.

Nice to hear about working with Kimi. Would be cool if you could implement the BW Skins directly in your mod, like the one from HAFM NH90 Bundeswehr Retexture by audiocustoms. If he would agree, it would be a nice addition.

I don't know yet if Kimi will agree to share his work on my models, lets hope that he will. About merging other modders retextures in my basic addon ... imagine if I should do that any time someone does a new one !! I don't think that will be good idea imho.

I agree with Aplion. It's best to keep it more modular this way. If he would start to implement custom textures the discussions would be horrible... "why did you include texture X but not Y, last one is better" or "why is my texture not implemented" - "the quality is to low for my standards" --> WAR!!

The engine noise is sexy

Thx. I got some pretty amazing audiofiles from a german NH90 door gunner. I am going to improve the sounds a little more during the next days.

Hi Aplion.

nice work on this bird.

One question though: what is the "lock cargo door" for?

Even if I use it, I still can open or close the cargo door.

Hi Aplion.

nice work on this bird.

One question though: what is the "lock cargo door" for?

Even if I use it, I still can open or close the cargo door.

In case you are in pilot or co-pilot positions you can use this option and no-one else (except pilot and co-pilot) will be able to use the doors open/close command.

The purpose of this is for the case of a human pilot, or co-pilot, which wants to have full control on opening or closing the doors.

ok, thanks for your answer.

the marine version is nowhere to be found

If you have the latest version of my addon ... you will find the marine version in NATO faction as well. Just be sure that you have the latest version.

there will be an air medevac version and a version with M2 / M3 Browning or MG3 ? :confused:

Edited by JohnHC

Did you also create an "Air MedEvac NH90" helicopter, with the interior of an medical helicopter?

By the way it is a great basic model of the NH90!!!

Hey... So i got some feedback from my community. Is it possible to increase the external rotor sound? My ground troops told me the NH90 is like a stealth chopper :D

And would it also be possible to get more spray on the M134? It's almost like painting a straight line at 300m.

Hey... So i got some feedback from my community. Is it possible to increase the external rotor sound? My ground troops told me the NH90 is like a stealth chopper :D

And would it also be possible to get more spray on the M134? It's almost like painting a straight line at 300m.

I believe that you are the sound engineer :) ... I'm using the default settings mate and your sounds ... none of my team reported anything similar and I haven't noticed also something wrong with sounds volume ... we'll see.

About the M134 ... it is also the default settings from BIS as inherits from it and I haven't made any changes on that ... so probably you don't like the default one too ... maybe I can do something for that so I'll try right after EC635 completion ... I'm working alone as you know so I can support everything at same time :)

I believe that you are the sound engineer :) ... I'm using the default settings mate and your sounds ... none of my team reported anything similar and I haven't noticed also something wrong with sounds volume ... we'll see.

About the M134 ... it is also the default settings from BIS as inherits from it and I haven't made any changes on that ... so probably you don't like the default one too ... maybe I can do something for that so I'll try right after EC635 completion ... I'm working alone as you know so I can support everything at same time :)

The audio level of the soundfile is all fine, it's only a matter of the configs. Also the M134... If you like i can take a look at it and after EC635 you can copy/paste the stuff if you like the new values.

Aplion,

I would like to congratulate him for the work done so far in this fantastic aircraft.

Currently I am using it in my group and everyone is loving it.

We look forward for the next news and updates.

Congratulations!

Edited by Garra

Yo Aplion, just here to drop you a line about the NH90. Awesome job, absolutely lovely mod, I am enjoying the fuck out of this. Trust me, I've spent hours flying this and the EC135 around just for funsies.

I have found that the artificial horizon is still not functioning properly. As far as I know, the artificial horizon should reflect the real horizon. In your mod it is the opposite of what it should be. Your EC135 mod works brilliantly. Since I absolutely rely on the artificial horizon for landings, this is quite inconvenient for me.

Additionally, if I understand helicopter controls correctly, the collective stick may also be wrong. As far as I assumed, it's down at idle and up at 100%. In this mod, it's the other way around. This is really just for looks, but might as well flip dat switch, right? :)

I have included screens to illustrate this. This was tested with the latest download (v1.02?) of this mod and Vanilla Arma 3.

qqncagh4.jpg
ncdfjq4q.jpg
eqm7zdj7.jpg
75uj6mpd.jpg

Also, the NH90 doesn't kick up any dust when on the ground with engine running.

the motor isn't running and ai isn't flying the chopper, although set to flying height in eden editor.