Αplion

HAFM NH90 Helicopter

Hello Aplion, any chance it could be made compatible with the AGM fast rope in the future?

Hello Aplion, any chance it could be made compatible with the AGM fast rope in the future?

Maybe ... but I'm totally unfamiliar with AGM Fast Rope and I don't know what might needed in order to be compatible ... In case you can provide me a short tutorial I'll be glad to have a look ... but please don't point me to read huge threads with info ... I need some rest :)

Maybe ... but I'm totally unfamiliar with AGM Fast Rope and I don't know what might needed in order to be compatible ... In case you can provide me a short tutorial I'll be glad to have a look ... but please don't point me to read huge threads with info ... I need some rest :)

I did update them for my group to have AGM fast roping, it's a couple of lines you put in the config.

You need to add the following to the helo's entry:

AGM_FastRoping = 1;
AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{ 0.6,-4,-0.25 },{ -0.6,-4,-0.25 }};

The positions are coordinates for the ropes, as there are no side points for ropes to attach to I just added two spots on the rear ramp. :)

Here a link to my Bundeswehr Retexture PSD files:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xq1a348g3md1eg9/TF47_NH90_PSD.rar

And here a link to the result:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189399-HAFM-NH90-Bundeswehr-Retexture&p=2891548#post2891548

-------------------------------------------

EDIT:

i just realized that Tobias is also working on the same retexture... I should have read the thread more carefuly. Sorry m8.

-------------------------------------------

EDIT 2:

I talked to BlackPixxel (TF47 Launchers) from my community. He might be doing a M3M / GAU-21 model (NH90 in afghanistan used them).

Edited by audiocustoms

Hehe sure thing mate.:)

Before posting my previous message i looked on the AGM github under the "for addon makers" thing to post it but i couldn' t find it anymore, but i thought i remembered that it didn' t look like some something too difficult.

Now omegaspectre found it, thanks man.

Edit:

Audiocustoms and Tobias Brandt judging from the pics nice looking retextures both of you, would anyone of you be interested in making a quick and dirty French skin for this baby? If you aren' t interested no problem, i believe that you are both German so i' d fully understand if you only did it to represent your country' s armed forces and don' t have the time for other country' s skins.:)

Edited by Tsark

@Tsark

Check post #54

I posted a downloadlink with my PSD files. You can give it a try your self if you want. If you don't have the possibility to do so give me a hint. I'll do what i can.

So about AGM Fast Rope ... I guess anyone can follow the solution omegaspectre wrote here (post #53).

I'm thinking that it is better (for the moment at least) to keep the addon free of other mod dependencies.

didn't realise this was a complete new heli! looking forward to a little fly about in this. Looks really nice. Well done on the release.:)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Aplion;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/eaa00c5c-5bdd-4e07-8121-b73d56101f82/logos/banner-420x120.png

@Aplion;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

@kecharles28 ... I believe you are wrong mate ... this is a retexture of my addon and it is not belong to me ...

So about AGM Fast Rope ... I guess anyone can follow the solution omegaspectre wrote here (post #53).

I'm thinking that it is better (for the moment at least) to keep the addon free of other mod dependencies.

As far as I'm aware adding in the AGM lines to the config will not create a dependency or mess up the mod for people who don't have AGM.

Basically as it's just a variable and then the positions it simply won't do anything if you don't have AGM installed. :)

At least, that's how it appears.

Hmmm ... Anyone else having the helo "float" roughly a meter aboveground once the advanced FM is activated and the player is in as the pilot? :confused:

I did update them for my group to have AGM fast roping, it's a couple of lines you put in the config.

You need to add the following to the helo's entry:

AGM_FastRoping = 1;

The positions are coordinates for the ropes, as there are no side points for ropes to attach to I just added two spots on the rear ramp. :)

Would this be done in the editor? or in editing the mods configs themselves?

Would this be done in the editor? or in editing the mods configs themselves?

The mod's config.

It would look similar to this:

displayName="MyMod";        
vehicleClass="Air";
AGM_FastRoping = 1; 
crew="B_Helipilot_F";

ok I'll add the AGM FastRoping to next update ...

Before releasing an update with AGM fast roping ability enabled ... I've noticed that using these values {{ 0.6,-4,-0.25 },{ -0.6,-4,-0.25 }} as proposed, the rope points are starting from the lower back side of the chopper (near the back ramp).

Is there any change anyone to also find some points near the side doors (left - right) ? I was thinking that these points are fine for the armed version but for the transport-unarmed version would be better to be near side doors.

I have noticed some versions with GPMG's on the doors, mostly the NLD NH-90. Also some where there is a sniper. Maybe you could add a variant that has a ffv seat where the gunner is currently? Just a suggestion. Great work by the way :)

Thank you very much for deciding to include the fast roping Aplion! And thanks to all those who are helping to implement it.

AudioCustoms, many thanks for these files, i' ll show them to a friend and they will certainly be a great help for him and if it doesn' t work out, i' ll let you know. Thanks again.

liking the heli so far dude!

As a repsonse to your latest post I notice you don't have side points for the ropes to be attached to. Would it be worth adding some in to coincide with the fastrope ability.

It'd like great too!

liking the heli so far dude!

As a repsonse to your latest post I notice you don't have side points for the ropes to be attached to. Would it be worth adding some in to coincide with the fastrope ability.

It'd like great too!

Thanks for your kind words mate and have a look here please http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189058-HAFM-NH90-Helicopter&p=2892625&viewfull=1#post2892625