Sign in to follow this  
seba1976

Random discussion about mods for resting vs native implementation

reasons why vanilla implementation is such a big deal.

- You can hop on any server and use the feature.

- And on top of this, mod makers can still use these new features to build even better mods.

absolutely agree.

title of this post isn't exactly fair to the OP imo...

also absolutely agree.

i'm pretty sure that seba's point was about those sit/op/wetf - reps where the "designers" talk about these features like they were a logical consequence from their focussed design plans when it's pretty obvious that these are simply features the community hasn't only been requesting for ages, since they are needed to make the game feel more rounded and less lacking of balanced game design, but also has been doing the work of prototyping them basically. and while i give less fucks about arma or any of this every day i have to agree with him there. gives you a sense of them having some kind of false pride not admitting they are basically giving people what they have been requesting from them. could've even been a good thing for PR. "look we are working closely with our community".

that being said, who gives a fuck really? it's obvious that these are the statements they prepare for public consumption hence them being so sleek/ out of touch.

the real problem here is the existence of this thread. there is nothing to discuss really. seba just voiced his opinion about an aspect of BI's PR style somewhere. he didn't ask for this discussion nor the discussion this was turned into. and the new title has even less to do with his initial post. this almost feels like some cowardly attempt at making him look stupid by someone who can't take criticism... :p

Edited by Bad Benson

Mind you, Dwarden corrected that, but I'm not sure who made the title to begin with.

that being said, who gives a fuck really? it's obvious that these are the statements they prepare for public consumption hence them being so sleek/ out of touch.
Ironically this is why I'm not bothered by said REPs -- "patting oneself on the back" is a kind of a point of PR...

the real problem here is the existence of this thread. there is nothing to discuss really. seba just voiced his opinion about an aspect of BI's PR style somewhere. he didn't ask for this discussion nor the discussion this was turned into.

I disagree. Any time you post you're inviting a response to your post, if your post is off-topic those responses are going to turn the thread off-topic. Better such diversions run their course in their own thread. The moral of course is to post on-topic.

I disagree. Any time you post you're inviting a response to your post, if your post is off-topic those responses are going to turn the thread off-topic. Better such diversions run their course in their own thread. The moral of course is to post on-topic.

that's bullshit. imagine a thread being created from every off-topic post or opinion. the point is that seba's post is just a small rant about something. it has no content that allows proper discussion from it. that is very apparent from the thread title, the new one too, trying really hard to fix that. besides. the "original" title shows much better what really happened here.

To point out, as a side comment, that everyone involved was acting as if they were ignoring those features were already present, stable, and available since a long time in the modding community

seba was talking about people's way of acting and not mods vs engine implementation. just pointing out that he might like mods better doesn't mean someone has to create a thread from his post to express their personal butthurt about it. changing the title now doesn't hide the reason this thread was created. everyone who saw the first title will agree that someone who disagrees with seba's opinion is just fooling around here. i'd suggest that someone just closes this thread. it would be the mature thing to do.

that's bullshit. imagine a thread being created from every off-topic post or opinion. the point is that seba's post is just a small rant about something. it has no content that allows proper discussion from it.

And yet here we are, three pages of bullshit that has no place in either of the development threads it was likely culled from.

three pages of bullshit

yes indeed. bullshit it is for sure. much like you ignoring the actual complaint being all *shrug* "we are talking about SOMETHING so this is totally worth it. but i guess to some people any type of back and forth bla bla is called a constructive and worthwhile discussion. you would think it's in the interest of the mods to support the latter instead of doing shit like this here. we both know that all this is is an act of defiance against complaints in general. fair enough i guess.

i'll stfu up now so this thread can die the quick death it deserves.

What I'm saying is snide little axe-grinding off-topic asides almost always lead to responses. I think it's manifestly clear somebody made a good call in removing the post from the original thread.

I'm locking this now, I don't know why it was split off.

Dear Seba, I'm very sorry to say that we are going to have to disappoint you, we aren't including TPWCAS and VTS Weapon Resting in the engine. We sadly decided to go with our own implementation which I fear may be superior.

all the time, by everybody.

I also question your scientific method.

If I catch you making posts that I see as goading developers or staff from Bohemia Interactive on our own forums, you will sat on the naughty step permanently.