solzenicyn

Weapon Resting & Deployment Feedback

Personally, I am not a fan of the new system. I prefer the current system over the proposed one. I believe graphically the current system produces far fewer visual oddities, and behaves more intuitively to new players and old alike.

• Like 4

On 17.10.2018 at 11:26 PM, stanhope said:

If I remember correctly BI clearly said that they knew that the new bi-pod system wasn't perfect. And they were asking us for our opinion.  

In general, why are they willing to consider not an ideal system?

I think any updates in Arma should be perfect! If something is not perfect, initially they just need to throw it out and move on to really perfect things.

I vote against the new bipods deployment system.

The old system works stably and without problems. I do not want to have new problems in game, because there are so many other problems

After having more time to test, read other opinions, and contemplate, I think I'm actually changing my mind on which system I prefer. 

If the new weapon deploy system currently in dev branch is not going to change from how it is right now with the lack of aiming limitations, I would actually prefer to stick with the old weapon deploy system.

However, if BI do have the time and resources to make minor improvements upon the new dev branch system (such as strictly limit how high you can aim), then I would be for the new system.

• Like 5

Yeah, I kinda agree now. If it will stay as-is, I probably prefer the old way.

• Like 5

going to switch to dev branch tomorrow or on the weekend to take a look at this myself. From what i have seen in the last posts, i kinda feel the old way is better. Limited, but the new mechanic seems to forfeit the very idea of a real, on the deck bipod. I'll report back once i have test this myself.

We'll be keeping the old deployment in the next patch as we weren't able to promise any further improvements to the tested alternate deployment behavior. Thanks everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, oukej said:

We'll be keeping the old deployment in the next patch as we weren't able to promise any further improvements to the tested alternate deployment behavior. Thanks everyone!

Hallelujah. Thanks you!

8 hours ago, oukej said:

Ahhhh nutz. Least you gave it a second look.

Yep just tried it on dev branch. That freedom was nice, but it kinda ruined immersion especially in the prone position. Its good to know your limits and let it be if you can't spend the resources to develop something really superior!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 1:27 AM, oukej said:

Would be very nice, to give this stance in the screenshot "resting" at any gun angle (currently resting only activated when bipod close to the ground), not deployment , just resting.

Resting is enough to control recoil of machineguns without making them recoilless like on bipod, and it would solve problems shooting from the hills. 20181022094528-1.jpg

• Like 5

On 22/10/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ivanoff.N said:

Would be very nice, to give this stance in the screenshot "resting" at any gun angle (currently resting only activated when bipod close to the ground), not deployment , just resting.

Resting is enough to control recoil of machineguns without making them recoilless like on bipod, and it would solve problems shooting from the hills. 

Would definitely like to see this happen. 

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images as per forum rules

Resting is enough to control recoil of machineguns without making them recoilless like on bipod, and it would solve problems shooting from the hills. 

This would be the best solution. And also solve the problem of shooting over clutter when no rocks or walls available to seek support from.

Edited by R0adki11

great idea. 

Edited by R0adki11

Just to remind forum users, don't quote images as per the forum rules. The last 3 posts in this thread had all broken that rule.

Remove image/video tags when quoting:

If you quote a post that contains an image, please remove the image tag or the whole image, or if it contains an embedded video remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote. This will help keep the thread tidy and easier to read.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler
On 10/22/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ivanoff.N said:

Resting is enough to control recoil of machineguns without making them recoilless like on bipod, and it would solve problems shooting from the hills. 20181022094528-1.jpg

This is actualy pretty simple to implement with a script.

I even made a mission to show it off.

When you are in the aforementioned stance an object is attached to you (in this case the yellow flag) and it gives you the resting ability for up to almost 90 degrees.

When you change stance this flag is hidden so it has no collision or other properties. It reappears again when you are in that stance.

There is not an invisible object ingame currently that I could use so you see the flag next to you.

Although this is a simple workaround, it could be added to the engine or something.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iqto81

Link is for the mission, if you want to try on a diferent map, just copy everything you see (unit, flag, trigger) and paste it on any other map (If you dont own marksman DLC you can replace the heavy gunner with any other unit).

Here is the video of it:

As you can see when rested you can deliver accurate fire, but it is not an OP recoilless gun.

When not rested there is just no point of firing this MG it becomes too inaccurate.

Obviously instead of the flag there will be an invisible object if this type of system is implemented in the way demonstrated.

• Like 3

Everyone did not like the new bipod system. And the fact that these tricks remain in the game does not bother anyone?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85691#1759524

On 10/26/2018 at 1:56 AM, Ivanoff.N said:

This is actualy pretty simple to implement with a script.

Without any scripts

In other words. Voted against what was, is, and will be in the game without a new bipod system. But the main problem was left, which had to be solved with the new bipod system.

• Like 2