solzenicyn

Weapon Resting & Deployment Feedback

It is a bad thing, it's disorienting and feels like you're not in control. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be talking about it. :p

Interesting... Now, I can see that getting super annoying. However on the contrary, if you were to use it intentionally, it only appears of easier way to just nudge your weapon around in short movements. However, it doesn't look too serious but idk. Havn't messed around with that yet.

We already can. But I guess it doesn't work on some windows?

Ah yes, your right, I've managed to do it now.

Sometimes its really difficult though and the bipod will deploy on one side of the window frame but not the other.

this isn't me having a twitch attack, its me deploying without a bipod. See how it always shifts the point of aim away from where i want to aim which is very much not what deploying should be. Also see how my return out of deploy position isnt always the most conveneient.

deploying is a game changer, and i hope this feedback supports bis in making it as good as it can be.

edit - fence posts are worse. even though they should allow you to support weapons in almost any direction they like to pull your totally to face one direction even if you are trying to shoot in another.

Edited by twisted

Clunky and challenging, it is a revolution, but as the dev news said this is not an easy job to make this new thing work, there might have technical issues.

There is anyway to stop weapon deployment (undeploy) for a specific animation?

I would like to break the deployment before start reloading.

It's not the job of BIS to fix broken/not completely configured addons... Also, marksman hasnt even be released yet, so maybe have a bit of patience so modders can do their job after we have a stable release?

Bug w.r.t. zeroing of grenade launchers and deployed bipods in prone position: If the bipod is deployed (using MX 3GL), you can dig your char into the ground (until only head and weapon can be seen/targeted) by switching to the grenade launcher and setting zeroing level to the max., since this directly affects the angle your char is positioned on the ground (each additional zeroing meter digs you further into the ground). This has no effect in prone position while the bipod is not deployed.

Presumably all grenade launchers are affected, but I haven't really tested... :P

But zeroing the "main weapon"/the regular rifle has no such effect either way (granted, the MX 3GL is fixed to 300m, but say some other rifle...).

I´ve finally hopped in dev branch to test out Marksmen dlc and to my (not so big) surprise, I´ve noticed - besides the usual and already reported animation bugs, like feets deeping on surfaces while reloaded with bipods deployed and other glitchy animations - that DLC FUBARed the freeaim - aka dead zone at 100% - handling of weapons. The DLC weapons are 100% affected, vanilla weapons to a 75% extent and modded weapons on a lower extent (50% or less in some cases): you get stuck on a 25 degrees arc pivot whenever walking on tactical pace or ironsight mode while standing up! If you walk normally (without a visible crosshair/not shouldered weapon) or crouch, you can move and turn freely. When I disable dead zone/freeaim, the bug disappears (have no pivot restrictions while walking standing and tactical pace)

I hope it is being worked on, cus I know freeaim isn´t a lot popular, but there´s already mods from alpha fixing the freeaim/dead zone behavior, and that´s what makes A3 so close to my beloved INF mod (Dslyecxi can atest it is the most realistic tactical mod for UT99, and the Arma series took many features of it ever since...) and keeps me playing and defending A3 as an awesome tactical FPS game!

Please devs, don´t let this bug stay unotticed and un-fixed on the next weeks, at least! :butbut: (this freeaim stuck is so annoying that I´m almost having wrist ache for forcing the weapon move outside this artificial boundaries to freeaim =P

To reproduce: just set dead zone to 100% (or more than 50%) and try to manouver on tactical pace or ironsight mode while standing up and moving to any direction!

cheers!

PS: I´ve posted this bug here cus it seems that the brand new resting and deploying code caused it, cus the freeaim has worked flawlessly since the alpha days on 2013...)

video showing off the issue ->

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Corporal_Lib[bR], I can confirm that "locked to dead zone" bug. It has been also reported here and a ticket here.

Corporal_Lib[bR], I can confirm that "locked to dead zone" bug. It has been also reported here and a ticket here.

Wow, just missed your report Greenfist... had just reported on this ticket -> http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23533

but I have voted on your report, let´s see if they manage to pay attention to it! meanwhile, I´ve asked defk0n_NL (author of freeaim fix mod) to try to fix it for us all (as he´s also a freeaim enthusiast lol)

let us hope it will eventually get fixed on a nearer future =)

Tweaked: Functionality of prone deployment improved

You probably already know about it, but now you move backwards when deploying prone.

Maybe some screenshots to illustrate the problem with zeroing and grenade launchers:

tV06r5M.jpg

kUtZPEJ.jpg

Note how it matters if your lancher is at min. or max. zeroing upon deploying the bipod, and you'll either be able to dig you in the ground or float in the air, since the angle of your prone position rotates along the pivot point while changing the zeroing of the launcher. Just give it a try, it's easily reproduced (has this been reported already?).

That bug looks like the most hilarious bug since the mortar physics :D

Added: Adjustable bipod legs

Anyone figured out how this works or is it still WIP? It's close to impossible to hit anything when deploying on anything other than perfect level ground.

/KC

make it undeploy automatically when u switch to UGL or reloading..

make it undeploy automatically when u switch to UGL or reloading..

I can agree with this. Never seen someone shoot gerenades while deployed with Bipods.

Also, is the RC client final? Or are these updates going to make it into stable tomorrow?

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

trackir...scopes

Should be fixed in 130204.

@ Kolji

confirmed, trackir and scoped bipod works perfectly now. Good work.

ROFL!!!! just downloaded the new DLC and patch, but actually the BIPODS are completly useless xD

You dont need them. you can rest AND DEPLOY all your guns even you have no bipod xD

How can you not realize that while testing? Awesome Bug there :)

Working as intended, actually.

A dev stated a while back that bipods only buff the stat benefit from deployment, and resting is explicitly not involving bipods. I guess you didn't see the video where a mo-cap dev goes prone and props up his weapon on a cover object, rotating it around an imaginary vertical axis at the point of contact between the weapon and the cover, all without a bipod?

confiremed. Test without mods. You can really go into deploy mode without having a bipod attached to your weapon.

confiremed. Test without mods. You can really go into deploy mode without having a bipod attached to your weapon.

It's not a bug. It's how it's supposed to work. You can deploy with and without bipod, but it's more stable with bipod.