solzenicyn

Weapon Resting & Deployment Feedback

Deploying the sniper rifles makes the sniper sink into the ground to the point where the bipod is attached to the rifle. Most noticeable from 3rd person. Deploying a Zafir makes the gunner sink into the ground, too but to a much lesser extent. It still looks weird though.

I hope they completely remove the sway when rested with bipods. It's especially annoying for sniping far away targets. Also, holding you breath seems to have no effect at all.

when at the range i find that bipods dont stop all movement, as long as you have the weapon attached to you someway (usually nestled nicely in your shoulder) you still cause movement to the weapon. the weakness isnt the bipod it's YOU breathing, muscle movements and generally being human. but i hear you that holding your breath should have an effect in removing quite a bit of the motion for a short time.

You can still use freelook when aiming through any scope while the weapon is deployed.

http://i.imgur.com/ttoMD6J.jpg

to be honest, i don't see this as a bug, however though, when your not looking through the sights, your head looks up and down rather than left to right. However, i think that hen your looking down sights, and looking left to right, that means that Deadzone doesn't work while deployed and looking down sights. Though, i could be wrong.

to be honest, i don't see this as a bug, however though, when your not looking through the sights, your head looks up and down rather than left to right. However, i think that hen your looking down sights, and looking left to right, that means that Deadzone doesn't work while deployed and looking down sights. Though, i could be wrong.

That picture doesn't represent the bug too well, but it applies to sniper scopes too, and you can freelook behind you like you normally do when not looking thru scope, only now thru the scope.

Fixed: Camo variants of the GM6 and M320 should now have proper bipod deployment

The GM6 Camo is still sinking into the ground, the black version and both M320s are fine though.

something funky happening with the lynx. the bipod deploys but the weapon sinks into the surface.

must say the bipod and deployment feel preety damn sweet right now. really good work. maybe non-bipod deplyment is a touch too stable and resting could be a little less effective but damn this is good to use.

something funky happening with the lynx. the bipod deploys but the weapon sinks into the surface.

must say the bipod and deployment feel preety damn sweet right now. really good work. maybe non-bipod deplyment is a touch too stable and resting could be a little less effective but damn this is good to use.

I know right! I can't tell you how many times I switched back to stable build and than attempted to either rest, or deploy my weapon in combat situations, only to remain with a drum man's sway. I cannot wait till these features drop!

With yesterday's dev, when I tested bipods in Arsenal, they worked just fine.

Then played a couple missions, Combined Arms and the first campaign mission. After picking up a bipod from a dead soldier, I could not deploy it. First time was picked up Zafir, second time was bipod unmounted from a dead AAF marksman and put on my MX.

Do bipods taken from bodies work at all ?

Currently, neither bipods nor weapon resting work in the campaign. Didn't have any issues with CA though.

Currently, neither bipods nor weapon resting work in the campaign. Didn't have any issues with CA though.

Try holding down sprint and deploy key, I have this on MP missions I have hosted to try out the new DLC guns and resting versus AI.

the essence of deploying a bipod is to get a stable position of fire . so maybe there are time when the angle of the surface should better influence the bipod. here's a video of what's not so good -

the bipod becomes less than useful in this situation.

also, sometime when delpoyed and reloading a dmr (like the mk1) the reloading makes the bipod lift up. this shluld not happen on most weapons.

and lastly, the reload animations are very good. very. so please to keep that level of quality and finish, make the bipods be opened by hand.

It's nice to see a proper bipod slot + animated bipods.

I've noticed that when I use WASD while deployed, it will trigger the bipod-fold-up animation but I'll still be deployed afterwards, just with a floating weapon.

Also, why do I have to wait for the bipod 'animation' (not that there's a player animation to go with it) to re-fold to be able to take cover?

It feels like a 'gamey' holdup-- if I'm getting shot at, I will drag myself and my gun behind cover and I'll worry about the bipod later. The weird moment when you're trying to get out of deployment but it doesn't 'let you' get out of it feels like those horrible moments when you're stuck in a vaulting loop on an obstacle. Moments were you feel like your character isn't doing what you're telling him to do aren't exactly awesome :(

EDIT: Will the sway/recoil reduction factor on bipods be config-able? It would be great to be able to give individual bipods and/or guns different properties.

the essence of deploying a bipod is to get a stable position of fire . so maybe there are time when the angle of the surface should better influence the bipod. here's a video of what's not so good -

the bipod becomes less than useful in this situation.

also, sometime when delpoyed and reloading a dmr (like the mk1) the reloading makes the bipod lift up. this shluld not happen on most weapons.

and lastly, the reload animations are very good. very. so please to keep that level of quality and finish, make the bipods be opened by hand.

Maybe they can check how far the bipod is away from surface?!?

EDIT: Will the sway/recoil reduction factor on bipods be config-able? It would be great to be able to give individual bipods and/or guns different properties.
Tweaked: Initial setup of stabilization coefficients for resting and deployment according to the implementation changes (WIP)

So there's the answer for you...

So there's the answer for you...

Thanks, though you did leave out the relevant part of that changelog: Your quote comes from the "DATA" section, so I guess there's at least some config side things.

Does anybody know what the parameters currently are and what's hard-coded in engine? It's always nice to have a few parameters to tweak but I guess the question is: How much can we mod and how fine grained are the controls?

EDIT: I poked around the bipod's classes in the config browser and while I see a few things that look familiar from weapons/muzzles (sway, etc) but I couldn't find anything that would let me e.g. configure the angle that one can turn with the bipod.

Edited by ImperialAlex

Also the Mk200 should use his Grip pod instead of other bipod attachments

That got me thinking though... I've used it in real life (but not on real gun). It's quite a handy accessory and is much lighter than having separate foregrip and bipod. But there is a slight problem in that its legs can't be adjusted in length and couldn't roll left or right, so you can't quite use it effectively on surfaces that deviates too much from being horizontal. The MK200 being a light machine gun, I would expect it to be used deployed a lot of times, I kind of feel that a more adjustable bipod would be a better choice?

That being said, they actually made a version for the M249 (the normal version can't handle the increased stress that well). And I have seen pictures of soldier firing M249 with gripod deployed. I am interested to hear more opinions from people with more experience on it.

EDIT: I poked around the bipod's classes in the config browser and while I see a few things that look familiar from weapons/muzzles (sway, etc) but I couldn't find anything that would let me e.g. configure the angle that one can turn with the bipod.

One of the first things I noticed when bipods and deployment landed on dev-branch was that the angle limits are never the same everytime you deploy. I think it is based on collision detection. You can turn until part of your character or weapon collides with another object. Sometimes, you can turn around a lot without colliding, like for example you are laying down on perfectly flat ground (like in virtual reality) but then there's another limit and I think it's based on the animations. Pretty obvious if you go prone in virtual reality, deploy and try to turn around.

That got me thinking though... I've used it in real life (but not on real gun). It's quite a handy accessory and is much lighter than having separate foregrip and bipod. But there is a slight problem in that its legs can't be adjusted in length and couldn't roll left or right, so you can't quite use it effectively on surfaces that deviates too much from being horizontal. The MK200 being a light machine gun, I would expect it to be used deployed a lot of times, I kind of feel that a more adjustable bipod would be a better choice?

That being said, they actually made a version for the M249 (the normal version can't handle the increased stress that well). And I have seen pictures of soldier firing M249 with gripod deployed. I am interested to hear more opinions from people with more experience on it.

Well , you are right about the GripPod that it can't be adjusted in length and not enough elevation for the Gunner

for the MG it would be better to use the rugged bipods irl ,but on the other hand in A3 when the model already has it , why not to use it ?

mk200.image.png

Edited by RobertHammer

Bipods are still too effective against any recoil > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189003-Weapon-Resting-amp-Deployment-Feedback&p=2899416&viewfull=1#post2899416

Also the Mk200 should use his Grip pod instead of other bipod attachments

I'll have to test this again in a minute. The last time I tried bipod switch full auto, the recoil was fine. It still required skill to place your shots accurately, and the bullets were definitely not 100% accurate. As soon as you hold the trigger, your first bullet lands low. The rest go up and level off, and there is a bit of dispersion as well.