solzenicyn

Weapon Resting & Deployment Feedback

TL; DR: Angle slopes don't work well with bipods - soldier stays in horizontal position.

Yeah, we have this in our todo list.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

Mk1 can be deployed without bipod. Maybe not the only one.

As already noted, weapons can be deployed without bipods as well. This will provide lesser stabilization compared to using bipods in future iterations (there's no difference in the current version).

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Could someone perhaps, keep a list of known bugs in this latest iteration of the thread . So people don't keep repeating a few pages later, And some get lost or not added to bug tracker.

Good point, I will discuss it with our forums guardians.

The Zafir pivot point when deployed isn't at the bottom of the the bipods, but rather in front of it where the bipod attaches to the barrel. It's a bit confusing and causes the player character to warp underground when deploying when prone. But it looks pretty cool on all other obstacles.

You can also skip the sprint to prone animation (the drop to knees dive one) by hitting deploy weapon during the transition. You won't be deployed though.

Thanks for reporting the issues. The Zafir pivot point should be pretty easy to fix and I'm putting the animations in our todo list.

It's not going to do compensate much given the light weight of modern bipods, and I'm sure plenty of shooters who have fired a weapon with one attached may not notice or comment on it actually improving felt recoil. Given how they handle weight in-game it makes it quite irrelevant whether or not the gun has a bipod or not since handling is defined by the weapon, not the attachments. So you can still "account" for it but overall having a Harris on my M4 won't make recoil any better and would be a small amount anyway.

It's not going to do compensate much given the light weight of modern bipods, and I'm sure plenty of shooters who have fired a weapon with one attached may not notice or comment on it actually improving felt recoil. Given how they handle weight in-game it makes it quite irrelevant whether or not the gun has a bipod or not since handling is defined by the weapon, not the attachments. So you can still "account" for it but overall having a Harris on my M4 won't make recoil any better and would be a small amount anyway.

Agree. At the range i always use a bipod. It helps stabilise the weapon but recoil is still there. Might be a little less but its hard to notice really. and even then with the bipod on the range the weapon isnt dead stable as im still breathing, muscles making tiny movements, etc etc, but its a lot better than unsupported.

The same thing that happens if you have to get up in the middle of a reload while not deployed, I would imagine. Why should it be any different?

For once because you cannot change your weapon on the move. That is to say that what looks like very simple and obvious feature might not be that.

Agree. At the range i always use a bipod. It helps stabilise the weapon but recoil is still there. Might be a little less but its hard to notice really. and even then with the bipod on the range the weapon isnt dead stable as im still breathing, muscles making tiny movements, etc etc, but its a lot better than unsupported.

Agreed, they always help but not the mystical, magical force that will stop everything from happening. I wish it did but... yeah it is what it is.

Bipods are near useless on slopes, since it snaps you to sit flat and you're severely limited in elevation :(

A bit of audio feedback on bipod on/off might be nice.

Bipods are near useless on slopes, since it snaps you to sit flat and you're severely limited in elevation :(

A bit of audio feedback on bipod on/off might be nice.

That's exactly the kind of behaviour I'd expect from a bipod? As soon as you raise it off the ground it's no longer effective. Not sure what the issue is here?

For once because you cannot change your weapon on the move. That is to say that what looks like very simple and obvious feature might not be that.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. What I suggested is already how it works in game. If you initiate a reload while deployed and you need to move, you can simply move away at any time. The reload isn't interrupted or anything.

Sry if already posted, some issues with weapon deployment...

Buddy bipoding..4 players bipoding off each other :D

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539643314329641577/96EFC38A087E9DE1C4338ACE0AA676D9D3EF862F/

More buddy bipoding..sometimes clicking c near players will warp u in air in deployment. Definatly a good way to get your arse shot off:goodnight: :D

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539643314329641704/BAAA74AC69B495BCF29A353B1D2096F899F874ED/

Edited by Call_911

Bipods are awesome but maybe adding a little more of " shaking " could be great!

Watch this video :

Edited by Anthariel

Bipods are awesome but maybe adding a little more of " shaking " could be great!

Watch this video :

Great video , showing the bipod is too much effective against recoil

Bipods should only stabilize the weapon meaning the zero sway but it could slightly reduce the recoil but nowhere near as heavy Tripod mounted which eliminates whole recoil

atm you can fire Full Auto whole magazine , with zero recoil - every shot goes almost like 100% accurate which is false

so i hope this will be tweaked to be more realistic in this manner

Edited by RobertHammer

Great video , showing the bipod is too much effective against recoil

Bipods should only stabilize the weapon meaning the zero sway but it could slightly reduce the recoil but nowhere near as heavy Tripod mounted which eliminates whole recoil

atm you can fire Full Auto whole magazine , with zero recoil - every shot goes almost like 100% accurate which is false

so i hope this will be tweaked to be more realistic in this manner

This so far list of feedback for how bipods should handle no particular order. Add to.

Pros for using bi pod.

Bi pods reduce /eliminate sway, Affect but not eliminate recoil.

Be better when deployed at above than weapon resting. (obvious one)

Cons for using bi pod.

Affect negatively weapons handling when bi pod "is not " deployed. Due to extra weight impact of the actual bi pod.

Cons for using bi pod.

Affect negatively weapons handling when bi pod "is not " deployed. Due to extra weight impact of the actual bi pod.

Pretty sure it works like that already. All attachments have their own inertia that is added to the base inertia of the weapon they are mounted on.

someone has the same problem? the TrackIR does not work (or does not work well) when using the bipod or leans weapon.

It's the same for pressing the ALT key to freelook.

It seems to me that when you deploy, you essentially become a 'person turret', and IIRC there were sporadic problems with free look back when firing from vehicles was introduced.

Hate to be the one or ones figuring how to unravel this big ball of string...eliminate weapon sway with deployed bipods...but allow some recoil. Aren't both weapon movement lol? Simple math for dummies...Human1 carry weapon=enable sway+recoil 100%. Human1 deploy bipod=remove sway-100;reduce recoil -70.:yay:

someone has the same problem? the TrackIR does not work (or does not work well) when using the bipod or leans weapon.

i have the same problem. trackir has a wired behaviour.

also if you are going in the bi-pod animation, you get shifted about 20 degrees to the right. so you never look in that direktion where you get in the animation.

Hate to be the one or ones figuring how to unravel this big ball of string...eliminate weapon sway with deployed bipods...but allow some recoil. Aren't both weapon movement lol? Simple math for dummies...Human1 carry weapon=enable sway+recoil 100%. Human1 deploy bipod=remove sway-100;reduce recoil -70.:yay:

You don't have to come so arrogant, this values are temporary/placeholders since bipods are deep in development so that would make me think that

tweaking values come at the end.

Good feeling of recoil displays deploying without bipod.Maybe those values should be for bipods.

You don't have to come so arrogant, this values are temporary/placeholders since bipods are deep in development so that would make me think that

tweaking values come at the end.

Good feeling of recoil displays deploying without bipod.Maybe those values should be for bipods.

dont feed the troll !

Obviously deployment isn't out yet, but wondering has anyone has seen anything regarding AI?

1. Will AI be able to deploy?

2. Will AI deploy automatically, or do we have to control it via script similar to current "getting AI to go inside buildings"?

3. Will AI be able to deploy inside buildings at windows (all windows?), detect enemy units through windows, and fire accordingly?

All three would be a perfect trifecta (not to mention just what WW2 mods are missing right now with those MG42s).

As far as I know, AI won't be deploying. They're accurate enough already.