solzenicyn

Weapon Resting & Deployment Feedback

Hmm, it seems atleast the M320 can be reloaded just fine while deployed.

Weapons -> Deploy Weapon

find it thank you

Hmm, it seems atleast the M320 can be reloaded just fine while deployed.

tested with M320 LRR .408 When I reload during bipod is down it folds them up and undeploy.

What would be ideal is while being deployed pressing R wouldn't undeploy bipod.

tested with M320 LRR .408 When I reload during bipod is down it folds them up and undeploy.

Hmm, interesting, that's not what happens on my end :eek:

Will have to test more tomorrow when I have more time on my hands.

I think weapons should have more recoil when deployed but with zero sway of course - atm they feel like on Tripod mounted static weapons

Exactly. A bipod reduces sway, but the recoil forces still exist. They might be mitigated a bit but they adefinitely should be there.

Please keep resting as a separate function from deployment!

Resting should be a natural and intuitive action. You are probably doing it right now as you type; your elbows on your thighs or the chair arms. When you move to a building corner, a hesco barrier or rock, steadying yourself from the breathing movements your body makes is simply what you do. Between gravity and your arms/hips/legs/feet, your body does this automatically. It doesn't require a button. This game function should remain automatic and completely separate from deployment which should definitely require user input/button.

Yea more I play the more I think passive resting should be removed and it should always be a manual action on part of the player.

Mk1 can be deployed without bipod. Maybe not the only one.

Mk1 can be deployed without bipod. Maybe not the only one.

That's a feature not a bug.

Yea more I play the more I think passive resting should be removed and it should always be a manual action on part of the player.

What kind of stuff did you smoke?

Edited by R3vo

Is one of those issues that is in works my opinion.This is why Bipods are still heavy work in progress.Please don't yawn/complain.

TL; DR: Angle slopes don't work well with bipods - soldier stays in horizontal position.

( Uses several placeholder animation sets (WIP) )

Is one of those issues that is in works my opinion.This is why Bipods are still heavy work in progress.Please don't yawn/complain.

TL; DR: Angle slopes don't work well with bipods - soldier stays in horizontal position.

( Uses several placeholder animation sets (WIP) )

I am not complaining on the basis of its implementation atm It works fine for the most part.

I just see it alot of redundancy when it comes to gameplay and how it might be better for gameplay if it was a player decision to manually decide when or not to lay a weapon on a surface

Please keep resting as a separate function from deployment!

Not as it is at the moment, there's no downside to it, it's just as effective as 'deployment' at limiting sway, it doesn't in any way impede your ability to turn while braced or duck (as it should if you're transferring your weight off the object your braced on) and you can change stance and your aim will be fully 'rested' the instant you pop-up. In short there's absolutely no reason to deploy without a bipod. Fixing these things would make it near as damn the same as deploying which already works, 'feels' authentic and invites you to make a choice between maximizing your use of cover or instead using the environment to steady your aim.

Not as it is at the moment, there's no downside to it, it's just as effective as 'deployment' at limiting sway, it doesn't in any way impede your ability to turn while braced or duck (as it should if you're transferring your weight off the object your braced on) and you can change stance and your aim will be fully 'rested' the instant you pop-up. In short there's absolutely no reason to deploy without a bipod. Fixing these things would make it near as damn the same as deploying which already works, 'feels' authentic and invites you to make a choice between maximizing your use of cover or instead using the environment to steady your aim.

Resting shouldn't give the same amount of 'steady' as deployment, but as to the downside... When you stand against a wall your weight is automatically distributed to it even if you're crouched and it is just your butt touching it. The moment you step away from that wall, the weight of your ruck and equipment is back squarely on your own two legs and your aim is less steady.

Edit: I think the amount of "steady" you get from resting should almost equal being prone, what ever stance you are in. I think that deploying should give the same amount as prone and limit you to an arc of fire both laterally and vertically, and of course require a button press.

Edited by Khugan

Ok, deployment is awesome. without bipods presents more recoil than with bipods, when using the feature it feels good. What's NOT good about it, is the animations they clearly need work. Floating above ground, and when turning (at least for the standing position), it doesn't look like fluid movement from one side of the Arc to the next. Also, when free looking when using Deployment, the head rolls up and down rather than going side to side. On some roofs, using deployment, it shoots you to the bottom floor, and un-deploying shoots you back on top. This was only tested with the Airport Terminal, on the edge facing the airfield. Have not tested on other roof's. Reloading animation with the deployment also needs work. character position is a bit, weird.

A SMALL bug - you cant reload while you re deployed... Another one is that the stock f.e. of an SPMG doesn`t rest on the character's shoulder...It is like 5-10cm off to the front so there is a huge hole between the weapon stock and the shoulder... It looks bad, as the soldier holds all the weight of a gun in its hands rather than resting it on the shoulder while aiming and shooting.... It is like that with many weapons..

A SMALL bug - you cant reload while you re deployed... Another one is that the stock f.e. of an SPMG doesn`t rest on the character's shoulder...It is like 5-10cm off to the front so there is a huge hole between the weapon stock and the shoulder... It looks bad, as the soldier holds all the weight of a gun in its hands rather than resting it on the shoulder while aiming and shooting.... It is like that with many weapons..

ideally it should undeploy weapon as soon as you press reload, just like it does now when you get up, for example.

ideally it should undeploy weapon as soon as you press reload, just like it does now when you get up, for example.

It actually has a decent animation of reloading while deployed. Problem is though, it doesn't work all the time.

15031089003_b87d7c5537.jpg

Shouldn't programmers aim for making possible to reload while bipods are down?

You know just like BF4 or Insurgency or red orchestra.

The Zafir pivot point when deployed isn't at the bottom of the the bipods, but rather in front of it where the bipod attaches to the barrel. It's a bit confusing and causes the player character to warp underground when deploying when prone. But it looks pretty cool on all other obstacles.

You can also skip the sprint to prone animation (the drop to knees dive one) by hitting deploy weapon during the transition. You won't be deployed though.

I really like this new feature!

Just one other bug: When you freelook up or down, the head turns to the left or right when deployed, and the same behaves for looking left and right. Your head moves up and down then.

Shouldn't programmers aim for making possible to reload while bipods are down?

Reloading is intended to work while deployed and it does if you have one or more rounds in your magazine. If the magazine is empty reloading does not work which is a bug. We already have a fix for this and it will be uploaded tomorrow. There is currently one exception to the reloading mechanic - reloading while deployed in prone position will force the soldier to undeploy first. Proper reload behaviour is in our todo list.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Just one other bug: When you freelook up or down, the head turns to the left or right when deployed, and the same behaves for looking left and right. Your head moves up and down then.

Yes, this is a known bug and it is scheduled for fixing. Thanks for reporting it though!

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Ok, deployment is awesome.

Thanks!

What's NOT good about it, is the animations they clearly need work. Floating above ground, and when turning (at least for the standing position), it doesn't look like fluid movement from one side of the Arc to the next.

Current animations are not final, proper animations should be ready soon.

On some roofs, using deployment, it shoots you to the bottom floor, and un-deploying shoots you back on top. This was only tested with the Airport Terminal, on the edge facing the airfield. Have not tested on other roof's. Reloading animation with the deployment also needs work. character position is a bit, weird.

We have already fixed some bugs with the same behaviour but apparently we missed one. Thanks for the report, I'll make sure we'll investigate it tomorrow.

so what happens if you have to get up in the middle of reload?

The same thing that happens if you have to get up in the middle of a reload while not deployed, I would imagine. Why should it be any different?

Ahhh, the (known) consequences of releasing WIP stuff early for earlier feedback... at least everyone's in on it and I haven't seen any replies that mind that. ;) Good stuff, dazhbog!

Could someone perhaps, keep a list of known bugs in this latest iteration of the thread . So people don't keep repeating a few pages later, And some get lost or not added to bug tracker.

Maybe even add a " weapons resting deployment bugs tread " have the list there so people can do a quick list check before going bug tracker. MighT be more productive. Not everyone reports on tracker.

Variable has something like this for the missing audio.