Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

No!

From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,64440,00.html

Study: Blondes Are an Endangered Species

Monday, September 30, 2002

By Bill Hoffmann

NEW YORK — Blondes may have more fun, but they're not going to have it for too much longer.

A new study by German researchers claims that people with blonde hair comprise an endangered species that will become extinct by 2202.

The problem is that blonde hair -- like blue eyes -- is caused by a recessive gene. In order for a child to have blonde hair, it must have the gene for blond hair on both sides of the family in the grandparents' generation.

The decline and fall of the blonde is most likely being caused by bottle blondes who, researchers believe, are more attractive to men than true blondes.

The result is fewer pure-blonde genes in the gene pool.

Another German academic has research claiming that blondes actually don't have more fun.

Professor Hans Juergens believes men associate blondes with marriage and housekeeping but seek out brunettes for sex.

Old news, and its not true seeing how two brown haired parents can still have blond kids ..... or my sister isnt really family ...... Would explain allot! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A new study by German researchers claims that people with blonde hair comprise an endangered species that will become extinct by 2202. <span id='postcolor'>

JESUS, TIME IS RUNNING OUT! *splashes on some cologne and runs to the nearest bar/pub* I also like the (notso)tongue-in-cheek picture caption on the first pic. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Oct. 01 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A new study by German researchers claims that people with blonde hair comprise an endangered species that will become extinct by 2202. <span id='postcolor'>

JESUS, TIME IS RUNNING OUT!  *splashes on some cologne and runs to the nearest bar/pub*  I also like the (notso)tongue-in-cheek picture caption on the first pic.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ditto! I better get moving- I like my brunettes, but if blondes are going to be gone in 200 years, they may just have to wait.

And blonde isnt always blonde.  

If you look at my photo, I have dark brown hair.  However I was, until my mid 20's, Paltrowesque blonde.  So my blonde days were endagered a long time ago.  Especially since I plucked at least a dozen white hairs out while shaving this morning. ACK! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Oct. 01 2002,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IF the blue eyes and blond hair leave us we will no longer have our perfect race. wink.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

whatever

This has to be a first:

Duke of Ray makes what is obviously a wiseass comment (Rather than inarticulate silliness), and someone actually bit.

biggrin.gif

The only problem with this study is that the recessive gene for blonde hair has been around for millenia, and if it was going to breed itself out of the gene pool, I am pretty sure it would have done so by now.

But then, I am not a genetecist biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has to be a first:

Duke of Ray makes what is obviously a wiseass comment (Rather than inarticulate silliness), and someone actually bit.

<span id='postcolor'>

And it was my friend! tounge.gif Hey blonds are da best!lol

Actually the flase blond in my class is the best looking, the true blond is bloody annoying.

Aaron, I don't know what's gotten into you, but this kind of behaviour is not acceptable in any way. Consider yourself warned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 01 2002,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Professor Hans Juergens believes men associate blondes with marriage and housekeeping but seek out brunettes for sex.<span id='postcolor'>

In Italy this is completely opposite.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Oct. 01 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Old news, and its not true seeing how two brown haired parents can still have blond kids ..... or my sister isnt really family ...... Would explain allot! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Brown haired parents can have blond kids because:

There are two copies of the hair gene in a human cell. Let's call the dominant brown hair gene B and the recessive blond hair gene b. Thus people who are either BB, Bb or bB are all brown haired, whereas only bb people are blondes.

Now let's assume that two brown haired Bb people mate to produce offspring. Since kids randomly get one of the genes from both parents, the offspring produced can be BB, Bb, bB or bb. Thus there is a 1/4 chance of producing blonde offspring.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Oct. 01 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Old news, and its not true seeing how two brown haired parents can still have blond kids ..... or my sister isnt really family ...... Would explain allot! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The gene has to be in the grandparents pool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only problem with this study is that the recessive gene for blonde hair has been around for millenia, and if it was going to breed itself out of the gene pool, I am pretty sure it would have done so by now.<span id='postcolor'> There was little mixture of genes 500 years ago. It is not like everybody was traveling all over the world. Most relations were build within the same village or in a close neighborhood. Only few were priviledged to travel across countries or even seas.

so, i'm one of tha last real blond people around the planet?

(another one to ad on my "how to impress girls list")

Well, I would be worried except for 2 points:

1. I prefer brunettes (Liv Tyler, Angelina Jolie, Neve Campbell, Alyssa Milano etc etc etc)

2. 93% of current blondes are fake anyway tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Oct. 01 2002,09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 01 2002,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Professor Hans Juergens believes men associate blondes with marriage and housekeeping but seek out brunettes for sex.<span id='postcolor'>

In Italy this is completely opposite.<span id='postcolor'>

and also in the real world. Guys go for blondes don't they?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ Oct. 01 2002,10:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and also in the real world. Guys go for blondes don't they?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm blonde and I go for myself regularly biggrin.gif

My girlfriend's natural haircolor is somewhere between a brunette and a blonde (maybe a bit more like a blonde). I guess I just couldn't decide which type I like the best. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm blonde and I go for myself regularly biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That goes without saying. smile.gif The best lover a man can have is already attached to his (muscular tounge.gif) arm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm blonde and I go for myself regularly biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That goes without saying. smile.gif The best lover a man can have is already attached to his (muscular tounge.gif ) arm. <span id='postcolor'>

Ughh, you wankers!!!!! biggrin.gif