Sign in to follow this  
drpastah

How to set the mission to an outro?

How do I set my mission to an outro? I notice in the editor there's an outro win and lose. I have cinematic ready via the camera scripting commands but again I cannot set my mission to an outro.

Is there a scripting command that sets your mission to an outro where you placed all the units? Also when I'm switching to an outro, how does it work in multiplayer? Do I have to have to copy paste the playable units?

Another question I have is how can I set my camera cinematic sqs script to be executed on all the clients?

[...]Another question I have is how can I set my camera cinematic sqs script to be executed on all the clients?

[[[],"cinematic.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Thanks, do you know how I can set the mission to an outro?

No, I don't. I've never used that. I'm actually curious myself.

So you cannot go to the outro where you placed units in the editor?

Because that just ends the mission and shows a debriefing GUI, it doesn't take you to an outro.

Edited by DrPastah

So you cannot go to the outro where you placed units in the editor?

Uhm... I'm not sure what you mean or if we're talking about the same thing.

By "outro", I understand a smooth way of ending a mission by playing some animation, fade or other screen effect and then the mission is over.

So in that term, I don't know what you mean by "go to the outro where you placed units in the editor". Do you mean by "outro" a location on the map? Like an exit or something?

[[[],"cinematic.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Also is there a way I can use that for sqs scripts?

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

By "outro"' date=' I understand a smooth way of ending a mission by playing some animation, fade or other screen effect and then the mission is over.

So in that term, I don't know what you mean by "[i']go to the outro where you placed units in the editor[/i]". Do you mean by "outro" a location on the map? Like an exit or something?

As shown where I'm hovering with my cursor.

http://i.imgur.com/FaD4Ymw.png (747 kB)

Also is there a way I can use that for sqs scripts?

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

As shown where I'm hovering with my cursor.

http://i.imgur.com/FaD4Ymw.png (747 kB)

It should work the same way with sqs. Just try it.

By "outro", I understand a smooth way of ending a mission by playing some animation, fade or other screen effect and then the mission is over.

So in that term, I don't know what you mean by "go to the outro where you placed units in the editor". Do you mean by "outro" a location on the map? Like an exit or something?

He is talking about a cinematic ending scene, and how to create one together with the outro button in the editor. Unfortunately there is no "How-To" build into the 2d editor.

Edited by R3vo

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor#Mission_Modes

The intro and outro sections of a mission are completely separate from the mission section (think of each mission as a 3 part campaign, with two possible outros). You can not set your "mission to an outro", the closest thing you could do is use merge, copy/paste or edit the sqm file. I do not know how intro/outro sections perform in multiplayer, presumably it works.

The intro/outro mission structure dates back to the early OFP days, when the the script language was more limited than it is now. It's possible to create the same result as the intro/outro sections using pure script. Script is really more flexible and dynamic, as all objects retain their state and position, whereas using the outro section everything starts again.