Sign in to follow this  
[kgb]cartman

"Dak To" Map - Unsung ArmA 2 & 3

Showmaker of the Unsung Mod Team gave me his new map for testing and making a small video, showing off his new map.

I would say, the countless hours he put in, were time well spent ;). It does look just amazing.

Thanks for letting me have a preview.

Map by Showmaker

Mods by RazorBack

Your pc is stuttering a bit, Is it because of the recorder? Or the scenario is very heavy?

No, that is the recording. The recording wasn't that perfect and youtube did the rest. Sorry for that, maybe I have to check my settings, but I use the settings recommended by youtube.

The frames were pretty good. Up to 50 frames in the jungle area. Really amazing work and the light effects in the jungle are awesome. I know that he also added a different skybox for the A2 Version and the water in the rice paddies don't work in the A3 Version by now. But so far, I think it is the best map I have seen for the Vietnam setting. Can't wait to play a mission on it.

I really like jungles scenarios, i live next to a jungle "amazon" and next to a mountain "Serra do divisor" that divide my country from Peru

And no need to say you're sorry, it's not your fault

Looks awesome. Im so glad to see a better ground texture than alot of previous 'nam blank "red clay". I really hope this puppy makes it public. Excellent job to the creator!

Disgusted-mother-of-god.png

50 fps? is incredible

for rice/paddy fields a rectangle with water shader doesn't work?

hey guy's;)

thanks a lot for that positive feedback! jey! the map runs smoth with round about 30-40 fps +/- a bit in jungle etc... it's just a smal map created for tvt/pvp gameplay with many diffrent areas on that smal terrain and a complete new skybox that only works on the a2 version. atm i work on the a3 release but my main problem is to fill the rice paddys with water:/ so if anybody can help me with that i will come faster to an end.

here u can download the a2 version:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28221

bless bless

showmaker

Edited by showmaker

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Unsung Mod Team;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks for sending the first public release of your Dak To map to Armaholic showmaker, we appreciate your support :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Brilliant, Showmaker! Thank you very much for sharing your hard work :)

Awesome map, vietnam mods (A3VC, future Unsung for A3, etc) really need it.... but just to clarify - the link posted is the A2 version.... does it works (with some limitations) on ArmA3 or is it (meanwhile) a CTD fest?

I´ll try it myself, but I´ll ahve to get it on PW6 cus armaholic blocked everyone on Brazil for downloads... he´s gotta his reasons, as some of mine douchebags countrymen had tried to crash armaholic with DDoS attacks...oh boy...

cheers!

@Corporal_Lib

dak to works great on a3 but only with the aia mod and when i found a way to add water in the rice paddys i will release dak to also for a3! the other stuff like the soldiers and weapons u'r see in the video from cartman is content from our unsung mod release 3.0.

atm i work on my old mekong delta map. a complete overworked terrain and satmap for better fps and a lot of new objects. but both maps need aia so they will not included in uns 3.0 so i will release the maps as stand alone;)

bless bless

show

please remove AIA dependancy for A3! is a craziest thing to load 6 gb for a map

@Zukov

hmm...i have a 1T HD so there are 6gigs nothing mate...and i use aia to get other old maps working...for a2 are much better maps out there as for a3 yet...but thats just my opinion...next thing is that i must delet a lot of object on dak to to make it working without aia. effect will be that dak will look very boring then ;)

Zukov I know we've probably been down this argument before but would you rather 1 6GB aia download plus 300mbps map file x however many maps you have (I have more than 30 btw) OR 30 x 3 GB inclusive maps... bit of a no trainer if you ask me.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

my apologies i don't want to start a terrain discussion is only my point of view

the problem isn't the space on HD, but the lagfest to load in memory additionally 6GB of A2 stuff bad optimized

sorry for the OT

I have to agree. Bornholm is excluded from my groups modset because of the redundant objects.

---

Dak To looks incredible. Can't wait to try it!

I wonder, are these buildings strictly for in-house productions or are you open to letting other community members using them in terrains, as a dependency? They're really cool!

Edited by rzon

the new objects are build by razorback. Its all new content for our up coming unsung mod release 3.0 on a3. sorry mate but i am not the right person for you but try to ask sgt. savage mate;)

bless bless

Show

I'm a bit lost right now, is it for A2 or A3? Unsung works only with A2, but the movie clips are from A3? I'm really looking forward for a decent Arma 3 Vietnam mod!

Great work on the map! Loving the atmosphere already!