Sign in to follow this  
sketchyluke182

Any plans for more official campaigns?

So I'll just set out by saying I pretty much bought Arma 2 and after that Arma 3 to play Capture the Island missions with friends. I'm highly surprised that I have to rely on the modding community to even play such a mission....but that's another story.

This week I decided to give the campaigns a shot and just completed the last mission tonight. Whilst I can say I really enjoyed playing Survive and Adapt, the third installment was just absolute crap really. Why have BI spent time creating a Kart game when to all extents and purposes they have an unfinished core campaign?!

I do not understand how BI can create an amazing open world piece of warfare and yet allow the player to potentially not drive a single, tank, helicopter, boat or plane the entire game. Why implement such a convoluted plotline in the final couple of missions without explaining anything?

The ending to this game left me quite angry actually, there is almost zero reward to the player, which is a shame because the core playability of the game is very enjoyable. It's my personal view that the developers really need to step up their game, as they're relying far too much on the modding community to add enjoyable content.

So my question is, does Bohemia have plans to offer us any more campaign content or is that it?

• Like 2

There'll doubtless be a campaign with the expansion when that comes, so that should clear up the rest of the story.

What Jona33 said, and is there any particular reason that you expected to "drive a single, tank, helicopter, boat or plane" in the SP campaign?

Where can I find more information on this new DLC you speak of? If it's not free then I don't want to know. I've already spent £36 on the game, and for that money I don't think it's unfair to expect a campaign that has a coherent ending. Arma 3 just has a lack of content across the board unless you look to modders who don't get paid or fork out yet more cash for official DLC...which still lacks content for your money.

As for my vehicle gripes, I did not necessarily expect to be able to do so but it seems like a huge opportunity missed since the functionality is possible within the game. Especially, as I say, the game is marketed as a Sandbox with these assets available in them.

What Jona33 said, and is there any particular reason that you expected to "drive a single, tank, helicopter, boat or plane" in the SP campaign?

Reason? Several come to mind. CWC, Resistance, Operation Arrowhead, Crimson Lance, Silver Lion, Black Gauntlet. And the fact that there are so many combat vehicles provided in A3. A better question would be: After playing previous BI campaigns, who WOULDN'T expect to operate a combat vehicle at least once in East Wind?

Where can I find more information on this new DLC you speak of? If it's not free then I don't want to know. I've already spent £36 on the game, and for that money I don't think it's unfair to expect a campaign that has a coherent ending. Arma 3 just has a lack of content across the board unless you look to modders who don't get paid or fork out yet more cash for official DLC...which still lacks content for your money.

As for my vehicle gripes, I did not necessarily expect to be able to do so but it seems like a huge opportunity missed since the functionality is possible within the game. Especially, as I say, the game is marketed as a Sandbox with these assets available in them.

Not much is out yet, a new terrain is confirmed, lots of speculation around the Far East (given the hints in the intro to Survive especially), it's supposed to be more akin to arrowhead than the current DLC but not a separate game. But no, it won't be free. I'm holding out for a couple of new singleplayer missions at least in Marksman DLC but they definitely won't be free (it is after all, DLC) and I'm not holding out a lot of hope. After what is at least a fairly meaty campaign (with a flat ending) SP work seems to have disappeared a lot.

I see where you're coming from in .the vehicle thing, personally I'm quite glad as I'm more of a fan of sticking to one character all the way through and Kerry suddenly being a tank driver or a pilot would have been a bit of an immersion killer for me

I see where you're coming from in .the vehicle thing, personally I'm quite glad as I'm more of a fan of sticking to one character all the way through and Kerry suddenly being a tank driver or a pilot would have been a bit of an immersion killer for me

And taking charge as commander that it was giving by Crossroad by sympathy in the final push isn't it?

Just take on the editor and then problem solved, it's full of usefull guides out there how to use it both written and videos

I would love to see new campains from BI.  While we have a few community built campains, east wind series is much better in terms of story telling.  I don't mind buying a campaign as separate DLC so guys who prefer multi-pay can opt out. 

Unfortunately, multi-play precludes people who can't allocate large chunk of time like myself.   In fact, I bought Sniper DLC and felt a bit stupid.  Those new weapons aren't retro-actively included in East Wind, so all I get is showcase.

Building another campaign and feedback from the experience will improve the editor, so multi-play guys will also benefit.

I would also liked myself to drive a combat vehicle cause i love them,especially main battle tanks but i understand it would be kinda out of place.In WIN episode you are not a tank commander in rank you are a rifleman and in the end they have you ordered to do specific stuff.The NATO supervisor is not trusting so you don't have enough freedom.That was bad i would preffered at least for the final episode a CTI based mission like ArmA 2 Harvest Red.That could've been a real win scenario,where you are the commander or you let A.I. to be the commander and you go to the fight with any vehicles and units you buy from base.I would really really love to see the final act of the new campaign to be played out like this.A full NATO assault on the island no restrictions and BS this time.Just might against might!And all this entire force to be under your command.My new CPU will be able to handle this epicness....i hope.

• Like 1

About the viechles, I wonder if anhyone ever sneaked into an airfield in the survive or adapt campaign? Seems like a logical place to find one.

Ok well I would really like it see new missions to be created. I liked most of them and id like to see what BH could come up with (if they have become better at creating them and so on). @SpacePilotMax I think what they have done is that if you get to close to an area like that the just destroy you basically just drop dead because the is nothing there. BH please do this at lest one person will be happy 

[...] id like to see what BH could come up with [...] BH please do this at lest one person will be happy [...]

Bohemia Hinteractive?

probably with the new expansion pack

Confirmed long ago, supporting 1-4 players.